It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s What The World Thinks About The American Response To The Oregon Massacre

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well maybe your wife should help you with your arguments then. You can't use a theoretical person as your defense.

The main reason people commit crimes is they are not attached to society. They feel unattached to the society.

I actually finished a crimenolgy course and can tell you there aren't many criminologists that would say banning semi auto rifles or magazine counts would do much if anything.

There are more guns than people in the US. We need other solutions than any yoh have suggested.

Seeing as you haven't addressed any of my points it seems your at a loss for the causation of your statistics or how your proposals could be enforced or how they would effect mass shooting.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Breaking news: criminals don't have to drive to another state to obtain a gun.

Well someone has to, before they can be sold on the street. They don't just sprinkle some fairly dust around and make guns magically appear, do they? They obviously originate from somewhere.

I was watching that episode 'ghost guns' on the series 'Underworld inc', where criminals were bragging about how they do just that and exploit every single possible loophole.

They'll drive from cali to Arizona (for example), with a clean cut looking straw buyer, then get them to go to some gun show to buy as much guns as possible. Then they simply drive back to California and sell the guns on the street for a small fortune.

This isn't rocket science, it doesn't take a criminal genius to work out how to get a plentiful supply of guns onto the streets where there most in demand. Not when theirs so many states that have such ridiculously lax gun laws.

Now, if illegal guns are more expensive in states that have strict gun laws, just imagine how expensive they'd be if the same strict gun laws were enacted on a federal level... they'd simply be to expensive for petty crims to get there hands on and would only really be available to organized criminals, who usually just shoot each other and don't tend to rob the houses of innocent bystanders for there tv.

Lax gun laws don't protect anybody, they just put you at more risk of being robbed or home invaded by some broke meth head. Or put your kids at risk of being shot up at school by some suicidal loner who wants to make a name for himself on his way out.

Your paranoid sense of constantly needing to protect yourself with a gun, just creates a self-perpetuating danger... lol, SMH.

Your constant need to belittle gun owners out of some form of juvenile inadequacy. Lulz.

Finally your true colors show through. I was surprised to see you taking a relatively moderate approach on gun control for once, but then (shocking absolutely no one) you revert to form: ban all the guns.

You break in to my house and manage to steal a gun, where exactly did you have to go to get it? My house, which is a few blocks from your "crib."

Multiple felonious acts right there.

You then sell the gun to your homie, who can't legally buy a gun.

More felonious acts there.

So at what point did you have to go to another state to legally buy a gun? You didn't. Because a criminal will do criminal things in the furtherance of other criminal things.

Surprised it took you this long to shrug off the cloak of a moderate approach.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am an American.

I don't care what half of my own countryman think.

I don't care what my congressman think.

I don't care what my own president thinks.

I sure as snip don't care what the rest of the world think.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

I yield to no others beliefs.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

HA! Seriously? You just posted a long link of blog posts as fact....this thread is going downhill so fast it is making my head spin. If you are going to do it, then why are others in your thread not allowed?

I'm sorry, you are confusing me. So it IS OK to quote blogs in your view? Or it isn't? Or is this just a case of "I agree with that other posters blog post so thats OK but the others blog post I don't agree with so I will vilify and make a big deal about it"

Methinks that last one is the closest to the truth here.

(And before the other poster starts fretting about why I haven't responded to it yet, and making more unwarranted attacks, I am still reading it and looking into the sources).

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree that other nations don't have a Second Amendment so that's a large part of the disconnect between us and them but the Second isn't absolute. It makes no distinction on the power of weapons, so lets walk the argument back. Under the wording of the 2nd a nuclear weapon should be available for private ownership. In fact, they're one of the few weapons that could really make the government take notice if people want to take them down. A step down from there chemical, biological, and cyber weapons should all be available but they aren't. Past that armed fighter jets and tanks are also banned.

What is the line on arms? Is it specifically guns? If so, why? That's not what the second states.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I am an American.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

Yes yes, we have heard all the tough-guy nonsense many times in this thread.

None of it actually answers the question of what to do about mass shootings and gun control though, it only serves to make those posters feel like tough guys for saying it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: generalspecific
About 30 people die daily from drink driving in the USA. In Australia its about one a day which is mild proof that we can hold our liquor better or have had more experience drink driving.

Considering the population figures and density our number is not that far off from yours.

Bloggers worldwide get whipped into a frenzy about gun violence mainly by the msm. Many more lives could be saved if the msm reserved some of it's hyperbole and drama for more mundane crimes that take more lives such as drink driving. But it wont happen because it doesn't sell papers. All the grandstanding annoys the sh@t out of me.

Agreed. They could focus on the more serious issues of why these people act the way they do instead of so tired trope about how guns are the issue.

Anyway, I think you made a fine point with the alcohol thing, I probably should of done a rant but I gotta catch a plane in the morning and it already is morning. That's cool though, I'll have a few bourbons once I'm in the air and I'll be sweet...

Have one for me. Make it a Booker's if you can.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If you expect me to respond to your article I expect you to do the same for mine.

Historic Facts outweigh the individual opinion that has been manipulated emotionally. An individual opinion cannot go back in time and erase what transpired and lead to the constitution. An individual opinion who does not understand history, in reality has no real opinion at all.

Fact is, anyone is ignorant if they do not study history and learned its facts. People who attack the U.S and the constitution do not understand why the U.S was founded in the first place. Notice, how they no longer teach real history in schools. Why is this?

Why are those in power trying to have people forget America's history?

because the truth is there in plain sight in history. I give you an opportunity to learn real history and how it transpired. (Modernized version) for all those who wishes to see. Who the real terrorists are.

TRUTH IS IN THE VIDEO BELOW

Knowing history, I say no to the gun laws, and NO to plato's vision.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Well maybe your wife should help you with your arguments then. You can't use a theoretical person as your defense.

I actually finished a crimenolgycourse and can tell you there aren't many criminologists that would say banning semi auto rifles or magazine counts would do much if anything.

You asked, I answered to the best of my ability.

All you have done is proven that people, even in the same profession, have differing opinions on the same topic. Hence the debate.

I actually finished a crimenolgy

I will admit, however, that I am skeptical of your assertion that you have studied criminology given your spelling of the word criminology. Not being a spelling nazi here, but it does raise suspicions.
edit on 6/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

HA! Seriously? You just posted a long link of blog posts as fact....this thread is going downhill so fast it is making my head spin. If you are going to do it, then why are others in your thread not allowed?

I'm sorry, you are confusing me. So it IS OK to quote blogs in your view? Or it isn't? Or is this just a case of "I agree with that other posters blog post so thats OK but the others blog post I don't agree with so I will vilify and make a big deal about it"

Methinks that last one is the closest to the truth here.

(And before the other poster starts fretting about why I haven't responded to it yet, and making more unwarranted attacks, I am still reading it and looking into the sources).

How am I confusing you? YOU are telling someone it is not ok to do the exact thing you just did.

YOU are telling people here to stay on topic of Mass Shooting with Powerful Weapons which you are not doing.

link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Past that armed fighter jets and tanks are also banned.

Private citizens do in fact own fighter aircraft and tanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

None of it actually answers the question of what to do about mass shootings and gun control though, it only serves to make those posters feel like tough guys for saying it.

When criminals break the law it's never a good idea to punish the people who obey it.

I am the 99%

link   

How am I confusing you? YOU are telling someone it is not ok to do the exact thing you just did.

And you did the exact same thing to me. I am not sure why you keep ignoring that.

link   

I am an American.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

What to do about mass shootings and gun control? Work on the people and types doing the shooting. But that would require profiling and non-PC types of things to occur and hurt people's feelings so it will never happen.

I care more about less people dying than how they die. I have already proven that gun control and mass shootings are irrelevant in the number of homicides that occur. Prior to gun control and Post gun control the numbers stayed the same EVEN though the mass shootings were included in the numbers.....says a lot to me.

link   
Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
im from the uk an i hate whats going on just about everywhere even here everyones rights are being taken away an people just cant seem to see that. but things are getting worse in america if the people give in to the government regarding the guns then thats it for the people over there. i do agree that there could be some sort of checks on people but this mental health issue seems to come up all the time.? is this another government agenda not really taking there guns but making it difficult for them to possess them ? so whos gonna fit into the mental health category here i suspect it would be people that go on sites like this for instance normal people who question the government. now we cant have that now can we.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I'm not going to waste a lot of time responding to your OP because I understand how its all hip and cool for foreigners to hate on "Americans". You don't live in the junkyard that a lot of the US is, so you don't have any experience with living in a junkyard surrounded by junkyard dogs. If you had the courage to get off your duff and fly over to any one of our choice metro areas I suspect you'd come to a far clearer understanding of why, as the Canadian reporter discovered, "In his report, a clearly perplexed Johnson finds that local residents actually want easier access to guns".

Yes, parts of this country are "third world" regions..........ALL of the major metro areas are "third world" regions filled with hateful thugs, murderous thieves, rapists and homicidal home invaders. In these "metro junkyards" its no longer safe to go to a convenience store, its no longer "safe" to go to a gas station, even during the day in parts of the junkyards. Interestingly, out of concern for their home-grown citizenry, many of these junkyard cities have declared themselves "Sanctuary" cities where illegal aliens can come and reside amongst the citizens and commit horrible crimes with no real threat of reprisal except deportation......if they're caught. The "Government" doesn't give a crap what happens to US citizens at the hands of the illegal aliens! All the Government cares about is seeing that its client corporations and business owners have easy access to cheap slave labor.

So.....against this backdrop of daily violence that happens in this country, you pipe in and want to confiscate our firearms? Or make it near impossible to have firearms? Great going......disarm the law abiding citizen/victims of this junkyard.....watch the body bags fill up and gaze back in amazement as the criminals, the racists, the illegal aliens, get more and more firearms. Why? Simple, there's so many firearms in the US and its so easy to get your hands on an illegal firearm that when you ban firearms you insure only the creeps have firearms. Anyone with the money can get a rocket launcher across the border with Mexico......its an OPEN border. And while we're on the topic, do a bit or research and you'll find that many more THOUSANDS have been killed at the hands of Mexican drug gangs in MASS murders; there are MASS GRAVES of people killed by the drug gangs in Mexico. Oh, and lest we forget, the Mexican government routinely disappears a few thousand people a year in Mexico!

You doubtless wonder at the seemingly callous attitude "Americans" have toward the victims of these mass murders. You get callous when you live in a war zone. Casualties are just a part of life here. Most of the conversation here has been about the fact that the perps of these mass killings intentionally seek out "gun free zones" to commit their atrocities. Gun free zones are created in Democrat controlled regions/cities of the US. That plays into the callousness as well. There's a "we told you so" element to this mess. So, we tell those who want to confiscate our firearms......move to California, Oregon, New York, Connecticut.

You want to lecture "Americans" about gun control? Grow a pair, come to New York and ride the subway for a day. Take a drive to Chicago or Detroit. Let me know how that works out for you. Better yet.......ride Greyhound!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When criminals break the law it's never a good idea to punish the people who obey it.

I am the 99%

Good lord, Neo.

That is tacky as hell.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I am an American.

I am an American.

Have a problem with it ?

Really not my problem.

I've never committed a mass shooting.

What does taking my guns or restricting my right to purchase them or throwing up extra roadblocks to ownership on me do to address mass shootings?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Sorry but we Americans could care less about Democracy. The mob can vote whatever they like but our rights are protected and that is the end of the story. If mass shootings occur it is indeed a sad side effect of those freedoms but far more sacrificed their lives to gain and protect those freedoms than have killed by their abuse.

So deaths of innocents are "collateral damage" as long as you get to keep unrestricted guns?

What a barbaric society.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join