It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien invasion and how it'll play out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The logic behind an Alien invasion is nonsense. Why would they ? Any alien race capable of coming here is capable of travelling anywhere in the universe at most and this side of the milky way at worst. Even if limited to a quadrant of the milky way they will have acccess to billions of uninhabited planets, asteroids etc. So what are the resources that exist on our planet in such large unique quantities that would warrant "an invasion"?

Surely it is far far far easier to mine a planet or an asteroid. Especially a smaller one with a minimal atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: USSGOBLiN

Why destroy info structure and a slave race to operate such when it would be far easier to just take out our leadership and power structure from orbit and then move on in subjugate the rest. Seems to me any Alien race capable of crossing the distances between stars would be somewhat more inclined to work with what they have rather than expending more resources having to rebuild what they destroyed. Then again who really knows as to the intent of beings we have yet to discover?
edit on 6-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
According to Dr. David Jacobs, they are already being integrated with us as hybrids.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Inhumanegenocide

Actually, the alien invasion is already here, mere directives, handed down to us to do their bidding but via our own way and resources.

It is an excellent, if not the best plan, deftly done with tact and tailored with a complete understand of the human animal, what it is, what it can do, and what it must do to survive.

We need not a tad of ET physical help, but a simple understanding of a real view of ourselves as they, the superior beings by far, see us in our current quagmire.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake The odds that their biosphere would be compatible with ours is a long shot. European settlers brought their germs to the Americas with great loss of life from microorganisms. The chance of their atmosphere being exactly like ours is remote. There are enough planets they could colonize that have less of a native population. Humans don't like to be subjugated, we would make a lot of trouble. Plus aliens would most likely have solved the need for slave labor with technology. Earth is a very poor planet when it comes to resources. There are plenty of super nova remnants in space filled with all the elements they need. The only thing Earth has they might want as I stated before is a biosphere. So they would come here to harvest that, they would not come here to mine gold. There is far more gold in space. They probably would have developed nuclear fusion furnaces to make their own. I really doubt an alien race would come here that is just a couple hundred years ahead of us. But a covert take over like Alex Jones claims to be already happening is possible, but I would not say its probable. To Serve Man.......

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Logically, I can't believe any interstellar travellers would invade Earth.

Here's why. RESOURCES.

Every war in human history (and it's all we have to go on, so...) has ALWAYS been about control of resources. Now, they may have dressed it up with other ideas for the masses to buy into it, but when it comes down to it, it's always about controlling resouces, whether a mineral, a trade route, or some other money-maker.

Simply put, an interstellar race has ZERO NEED for our resources. What could they possibly get here on Earth that they couldn't get elsewhere, much easier, and without armed resistance? Why would they risk it? Simple. They wouldn't. If they needed water, it's all over the place. Even in our own solar system, mars, pluto, certain moons, etc. Minerals, they could get from other planets or even asteroids. Without a motive, I just find it hard to believe they'd invade.

Here's what I think. In 1942, a freak observation and incident led to establishing a small group of scientists (called the IPU (Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit) to study the problem. They basically had nothing until 1947, when a crash yielded not only technological secrets, but proof that we were not alone, and that our own tech was vastly inferior. This created a panic. MAJIC (Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee) was created (otherwise called Majestic 12) to respond. A reorganization of the military and the way intel was collected happened quickly. All intel was centralized to better allow the group to control information. Debris was farmed out to different contractors to see what we could do with it. It took a long time for us to crack even pieces of it.

Later on, contact was made with the aliens. Until this point, the military was forced to address it as a threat, so they were always working to better our own tech. An agreement was struck, though the military still prepared thinking them to remain a military problem (and wisely so, can't be too careful). They could abduct citizens and study them, if they agreed to remove the memory of it (which they assured us they could do), and exchanged tech with us. This allowed us to make some quicker advances (and also gave us the abductee stories that would become famous). At some point, this deal either soured, or MAJIC was too concerned as many remembered the abductions. Assuming this took place sometime during the 80's, it was resolved one way or the other. Abductions (or at least the memory of them) seemed to go away, and we haven't been attacked, so that doesn't seem the aim.

Personally, I think we just parted ways, but knowing that chances are they would still pop in from time to time and there isn't much we could do to stop it. Or, maybe there is now, so it's more rare. Either way, faced with a potential enemy that is way ahead of us in tech, the ONLY option our military brass had, was to try and quickly build up an arsenal. Indeed, this was likely even the catalyst for the Cold War, as both the US and Russia had WAY more than was needed to blow us all up. My bet was that this was a doomsday switch scenario. A final Ace up the Sleeve, in case we needed it. I also think it's the impetus behind the drive for a one-world government. It may even be a condition before we "join" a galactic civilization, etc.

I think the aliens are content, for now, to keeping us simply caged here, in our own solar system. It's what makes sense. They obviously have no need for additional study of us. And, they don't plan on invading, so we're left with what else do they want? I think it's simply for us to meet certain criteria before we're allowed to play with the other kids in the much bigger playground. But, I could be completely wrong too.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

There is one thing they could want here. Living space. We can't really be sure how special a planet like Earth actually is. Habitable planets where a being could exist without spacesuits and radiation shielding could be extremely rare. If a space-faring race should come across the Earth and decide they want the living space well, how could you stop them?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join