It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department Must List Gun-Loving NRA As Terrorist Organization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: infolurker
By that logic (or lack thereof) automobile clubs are responsible for all of the deaths caused by crashes.
Funny how they blame the guns. I have one and it hasn't killed anyone. It must be a pacifist.

Your gun is obviously defective. Please register with DHS immediately.
edit on 6-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Showers kill and injure a lot of people per year , too . Lets not ban them , though.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Genocidal human actors with far too many resources and way too much power.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I find it kind of ironic that the people really pushing all this gun control stuff from a high level, are protected by people toting full auto weapons, snipers and armoured cars.

Now, is it because they feel threatened by the ordinary peasants having guns, or are they just jumping on the current bandwagon and agenda in disarming everyone except themselves?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomSecret
!a reply to: Sublimecraft

They're not talking about any of them though, are they?

They're talking about the NRA, who you haven't mentioned once in your entire post. They're talking about them, and Americas gun owning population in general, and how many deaths could possibly be avoided if either of these groups would even consider any kind of change.

Deflect it onto other (admittedly worse) organizations though. It's all gravy.

I wonder if NRA lobbying made it easier for armed Drone production that Obama used to kill many hundreds of women and children with and then he bragged about that.
Does that show his gun control agenda is all bogus, or is that the fault of the NRA for fostering an environment of "Pro weapons manufacturing" that made his child droning program easier to be sucked into?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Heh I guess You guys should also consider, putting the National Automobile Dealers Association on the terrors watch list. They are murdering hundreds of people everyday with their evil contraptions....

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

How about the other way around? I mean the Feds killed way more people than the NRA.

I'll go one farther. America's "police" forces have conducted how many summary executions w/o a trial? Have filled their ranks with ex military suffering from acute alcoholism w a PTSD chaser?

The greatest threat from a gun comes from a man in uniform and not some unhinged white guy w a Jody Foster fetish.

Derek

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think God has killed more humans than any other being. So the Pope should probably land on a no fly list somewhere, too.

lol

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They're talking about the NRA, who you haven't mentioned once in your entire post. They're talking about them, and Americas gun owning population in general, and how many deaths could possibly be avoided if either of these groups would even consider any kind of change.

Does that mean Big Pharma and America's overprescribing doctors who feed these killers the SSRI drugs that make them go postal like it was candy are accessories to terror?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They should be renditioned, waterboarded, and stuck in Gitmo.

Along with the Lunch Lady (she is serving Monsanto foods to our children..OUR CHILDREN for Chrissake!!!!)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This nation would be hilarious if I didn't live in it...
The same folks saying: "The NRA killed my mother and raped my father! Won't someone please think of the children?!?!?"
seem to be the same ones who say "Stats say undocumented migrants are responsible for 30% of the violent crime committed in border states, but it is unamerican and bigoted to use those statistics in an argument against amnesty efforts."

Get real, then maybe I'll give a damn.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm new here and already, I'm sick of this debate. Want guns gone? Change the Constitution and change America and turn it into a country that doesn't allow it's people to have guns.

Or better yet, JUST MOVE THERE!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OK, so suicides and accidental deaths aren't important, only being a selfish, immature ass is. Sounds like a culture of life to me!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
OK, so suicides and accidental deaths aren't important, only being a selfish, immature ass is. Sounds like a culture of life to me!

...isn't suicide the epitome of selfishness?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Just curious, as the article says "murdered or spree killed" have they not maybe accounted for the suicides and whatnot?

Even they haven't, twenty thousand people, (give or take a few thousand) is an AWFUL lot of needless deaths, wouldn't you agree?

850 murders by legally owned guns, but it’s a far cry from more than 32,000 per year.

hotair.com...

Straight from the CDC where most of the media is drawing their numbers (while not as good of a source as the FBI or the Justice Department) we can find out that of those 32,352 gun deaths, 21,175 of them were suicides. That leaves us with 11,177 deaths to account for. But as it turns out, the FBI records that 8,583 deaths were murders of various sorts involving guns of all types. The remaining roughly 2,500 were accounted for by accidents and unintentional injuries. These include hunting accidents, toddlers getting hold of unsecured weapons and shooting somebody or just plain idiots who proved Darwin right.

Before we move on, those FBI numbers deserve a closer look for a moment since we’re on the subject. What sorts of guns are used in actual crimes? I bring this up because each mass shooting elicits renewed calls for an “assault weapons” ban on guns like the AR-15 style rifle. Are those popular in crimes? Check out the figures from the FBI report.

Take a good look at those numbers. Of the actual 8,583 gun murders committed in 2011, 323 were committed with “rifles.” And that’s all rifles, including bolt action, deer hunting rifles and all the rest. The number committed with so called “assault rifles” were a fraction of that. When you ask how dangerous those rifles are, compare that to nearly 1,700 who were stabbed as well as nearly 500 murdered with blunt objects and and more than 700 beaten to death by somebody with their bare hands. Enough said on that topic.

So we’re down to 8,583 intentional killings using guns. That’s still one heck of a lot of bodies, and surely enough to justify new background checks and other restrictions on legal gun purchases, right? Again… not even close. The Justice Department has been studying the question of legal vs. illegal sources of guns used in crimes for decades, going back to this study issued in the early nineties. They admit that the numbers are simply too hard to track for us to pin down exact figures, but the trends are steady over the years. The vast majority of guns used in crimes were gotten through illegal means outside the legal purchase regimen followed by law abiding gun owners. Roughly one quarter of inmates convicted of gun crimes admitted to having stolen a gun in that study. For the ones that weren’t stolen directly, another 2004 study showed that 40% of convicts bought their guns on the black market and another 37% got them through the “gray market” in various illegal methods.

In fact, one study after another has shown that legally purchased weapons which followed all the normal firearms transfer rules accounted for somewhere between six and eight percent of all murders. And the majority of those were domestic violence incidents, violence between family members, crimes of passion and, yes… murders committed by the insane. But let’s give the gun grabbers the benefit of the doubt, round it up and say that ten percent were committed with legally purchases guns. That works out to around 850.

850 is too many people, but it’s a far cry from more than 32,000 per year.

Check mate, game over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join