It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flock backs priest accused of pointing gun at Cowboys fan in Giants country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Was it loaded?
No gun should ever carelessly or jokingly be pointed at someone, but there is a difference in the mindset between loaded and unloaded

Except for the poor kid who's staring down the wrong end of barrel!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I must say, that's an impressively American headline for a thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Do you get that my opinion has no weight on whether he is convicted or not?

I shouldn't have to wait until after his court date to say something.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
It sounds like (I may have misread the article) there is a question as to whether or not the gun was ACTUALLY pointed at the boy. If the priest was indeed just showing it to someone else and made a stupid joke without pointing the musket, I think it was a poor choice but blown out of proportion.

Fritzy claims he did not see Carter raise the rifle or threaten anyone.

Of course I don't believe this person completely, but I also don't automatically think the story is true. Some people have some crazy reactions if they see a gun, and blow it way out of proportion.

Nobody could see the event because he was brought into a separate room by the preacher with the gun.
At least that is how I read it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Little Ferry is within sight of MetLife Stadium where the Giants play.

Any Cowboy fan should be drawn, quartered and shown the final resting place of a one James Hoffa.

'America's Team'. Bah.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It's also not as if he even tried to deny he did it. He even commented on how he didn't even scare the boy and how it was just a misunderstanding. His comments aren't indicative of just showing the boy the weapon out of curiosity. He just about came out and admitted to doing it without actually saying it.

So I don't believe it's out of line to comment on the topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is just crazy,you never point a gun at any one.
The only time I would point one would be to use it.
If you see mine your dead.That's the way I was brought up.
edit on 6-10-2015 by grayghost because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
what really bothers me is, given the reputation of these figures and the crimes they have historically committed against little boys....

Was he really joking? Or was he attempting to intimidate the boy into keeping his mouth shut about other criminal activity that was done to him or other boys??? Perhaps he whispered something along the lines of "if you dont drop your pants the next time we are alone..." and then he pulls out the firearm and says "this" .

I am not even trying to make a joke about this. I am legit concerned that this may have been a plausible scenario.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Or maybe he was imitating Druidic human sactrifice of children?

Maybe not...

He's a Giants fan its to be expected from them. Coming from a cowboys homer.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Little Ferry is within sight of MetLife Stadium where the Giants play.

Any Cowboy fan should be drawn, quartered and shown the final resting place of a one James Hoffa.

'America's Team'. Bah.

If the cowboys had a decent quarterback then I would kick your ass for that comment but as it stands it is kinda true and you suck.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If the cowboys had a decent quarterback then I would kick your ass for that comment but as it stands it is kinda true and you suck.

Who is in first place this fine Monday morning?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you miss the part where I said you suck?

nesn.com... ts-leaves-them-out-in-tweet-about-undefeated-teams-photos/

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

You sure he actually pointed it at the kid? I thought people were innocent before being proven guilty. Witness accounts contradict.

right....and no one has ever lied about what a priest did.....(rolls eyes). the irony of something long, hard and loaded being pointed at a boy in the presence of a priest, cannot be over looked.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I doubt it. It was a Civil War era musket, though they did apparently find gun powder and ammunition.

Even if it wasn't, it's no excuse. You don't point a gun at someone loaded or unloaded because you can never be 100% certain. I get what you're saying though, but there have been a lot of people killed by "unloaded" guns.

True story:

I went to a friends house one time and he was showing me his gun, some sort of rifle. He handed it to me, and since it was unloaded I thought of pointing it at him and pulling the trigger as a joke. Uncommon sense kicked in and I didn't do that.

Afterwards he took it back, and double checked that it was empty and a cartridge popped out of a chamber.

It doesn't matter what type of gun it is, always assume it's loaded and act accordingly. I'm not a gun person (that was the first I had held in 20 years) and even I know that much.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join