It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesus, How About You?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yes, but that isn't what the OP is talking about.

The OP is full blown New Age and denies the personal divinity of Christ.

There is no idea that you and I are born again in the sense that we connect through our belief and salvation to the Holy Spirit and become part of the body of Christ and the spiritual church.

The OP is talking about actually ascending to a type of deity and thus being gods ourselves. This is New Age spirituality attempting to use the Bible to lead you and others astray. It is occultism and mystery teaching, not sound doctrine through the Resurrection.

There is still plenty of mysticism one can realize in the sound doctrine without trying to add personal ascension and all the New Age stuff.
edit on 5-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The light is more than just what can be seen, the light is life itself. Blind people are still alive, so even they have the light of life even though they can't see light.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You do realize that Paul teaches about a profound mystery don't you? There's no mystery in my beliefs, it's there for everyone to be seen plainly. Those who believe in Paulianity believe in a mystery, that's why they require faith, because they believe in a mystery they cannot fully grasp.

Why was Jesus' death on the cross necessary for salvation? Don't know, God works in mysterious ways and all that jazz. That's a mystery school if I've ever heard of one.
edit on 10/5/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yes, at this point, I expect nothing more than New Age from the OP. I just thought I would elaborate on our position in Christ as believers.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am pretty sure Jesus didnt go around calling people ignorant, and close minded.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying.

Holy smokes!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You're right, he just went around calling them thieves, liars, blind fools, and broods of vipers. But then again, those aren't that much different from calling people ignorant and close minded.
edit on 10/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Don't forget his threats of violence!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Jesus (Yeshua) is not us, we are reborn through him and through his sacrifice as he took our failing onto himself but only if we are willing to come unto him.

He is not every one you meat but did say "What you do unto the least of these" refering to small children, "You do also unto me".

But he also said this.
biblehub.com...
biblehub.com...
biblehub.com...

If we were jesus ourselves we would not be living in misery, if we were jesus ourselves we would not need saving by Jesus or by his blood as it would be our own blood, if we were jesus we would already have the fountain of living water within us but we do not and all age and die.

Jesus said that in the Resurrection he will give to those whom are saved a new celestial body like the angels, un-aging, never getting sick and tireless for we (or they whom he chooses that have come unto him and he accept's) shall then be angel's.

You see your perspective puts him as a metaphysical character and an alagory based in philosophy but all philosophy is foolishness before the true lord almighty god and he and his son are very real not metaphisical or philosophical in nature.

Philosophy is a quest of thought, a journey to nowhere and metaphysics is merely a rehashed pseudo mystical branch of philosophy of which we are all equally guilty but thought's are not action's unless they are carried out and applied in the real world rather than that inner pale reflection of reality which is the world we each percieve within our own tiny minds as they endeavour to reflect the whole universe.

We simply can not do it, try picturing a leaf, with all it's detail and even down to the stoma and vein's and then down to the plant cell's themselves with all there internal structure, there cytoblasts then down to the nucleus and all it's dna complexity and each atom by atom forming eath molecule in that complex chain, try to hold onto just that leaf with all it's detail at the same time in your mind, this is the limit of consciousness for anyone whom is not somehow superhuman and for normal people this is impossible as you try to see the whole detail of the whole leaf in all of it's glory but then remember it is but one leaf on a tree, but a single tree in a forest, in a valley that is but one valley in a mountain range on a continent on a planet in the universe and there may be many other universes beyond that.

The Problem is we create circular logic in our mind's, just as our eye sees limiter area of detail with a large area of peripheral vision so too does our mind have that same tunnel vision and can struggle to focus on too much detail at once, the mind seem's to be hard wired to do this as it is how we percieve the universe but remember what we can not see or detect we do not know and even our theory's only model conjecture and potential at what is really there, what is reality.

Now if you say there is only I and God then yes you have a point as that is the You in your own mind but I am not you, You are not me and we both exist as does god, if you are alone with god then since I am not god I therefore can not exist but I do so WE are not god and can not be, he is the one whom can see it all and even made it all.

Jesus came to retrieve us and we can be with him but we will never be him unless we become perfect, he suffered for us despite our failing's, he the god of the universe manifested himself as a man and suffered our state of being which shows he is even greater than if he had not.

We are not him, he is not us but he is our life, our way and our salvation, our resurrection and the only way we can come unto our father - him and that is the only way to God through Jesus not philosophy or buddhism or new age rhetoric or pseudo mysticism as they are all dead end's that end within the mind that uses them to try to achieve this goal, only through Jesus, not by our merit but by his.

edit on 6-10-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I would agree with a lot but I have a few issues with your suggestions.
1. The books in the Bible were written by different people, with different perspectives so cross referencing excerpts from different books to suggest one perspective doesn't work.
2. Just because we were made in the image of God, doesn't make us Gods.
Before you exclaim that I simply do not "understand", know that I do but disagree on a few points. Still though. I appreciate the effort.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A lot of ignorant replies so far. Just goes to show most people are close minded.

Just love the way bible bashers on ATS always call those who do not believe "Ignorant and Close Minded" as they do not have the same belief system. I think we've the whole bible copied and pasted onto ATS threads and then some.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
zero zero 8 - Frog, Super Frog here....

I actually like how religious don't really need science and atheist/antitheists to figure out that their little book of wisdom is full of illogical things...

+1 for human ingenuity, -1 for religion

Keep it up!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

My comment wasn't referring to their disbelief in the bible, it was in reference to them not addressing anything in the OP and instead making one line responses that ignored the topic of the thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
...No, I am Spartacus!

Å99

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
...No, I am Spartacus!

Å99

I am America and so can you!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes, you can become Jesus. But, there's a test to determine if you're really Jesus.

Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him." The Gospel of Thomas #108

So, since you claim to be Jesus, may we ask, "What hidden things were revealed to you?"

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Yes, you can become Jesus. But, there's a test to determine if you're really Jesus.

Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him." The Gospel of Thomas #108

So, since you claim to be Jesus, may we ask, "What hidden things were revealed to you?"

Interesting but Gnostic religion is not the pure form and Gnostic christianity was a polluted form of the religion, Gnosis as you know mean's Knowledge in ancient Greek and Sofia mean's wisdom but Gnostic Texts which often deviate substantially from there contemporary non Gnostic version's have been used as the basis for such claims as the one which claimed Jesus Christs had a wife, it does not matter to a christian if he did or not though a lot of nun's may be upset but it does matter to the truth.

In Gnostic understanding the wife of Jesus was Wisdom (He was the wisest) but to those whom mis understood it they thought he had a wife called Sofia.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am Jesus, How About You?

I'm Batman....

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reasonable thinking is the only hope for an ubiquitous enlightenment. Once, through understanding, the external world is conquered, the perfect kingdom for all of humankind may be brought, established, so that none shall starve. Man is far less likely to suffer once we establish what is truth. Jesus Himself susceptible to physical pain. Jesus Himself bleeding on the cross, penetrated by the nails

Once a reasonable kingdom is established, man is more free to look inward. We all suffer, we're all susceptible to pain. We're all striving for enlightenment.

Jesus taught that we should give to the poor, science, Psychology, has identified that the act of giving makes all human beings happy.

That's true.

So why do men not follow the truth through their greed? We're all seeking happiness.

But again, only through reason may all of man work together. The truth is. Things happen for a reason.

Once irrefutable evidence is brought unto man, what's good for society and man, then we'll work together.

Irrefutable it must be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join