It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the moon landing and space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Im not going to ask if we have been to the moon or not. I just want to know how did they use those gloves that they wear to work with ? Stupid question but at my job sometimes we have to wear thick gloves and its very hard to do detailed work without removing your gloves. I imagine in space they have many jobs to do and cant remove the gloves. Those gloves look thick.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
I imagine in space they have many jobs to do and cant remove the gloves. Those gloves look thick.

They were thick and very difficult to work with. They were always dropping stuff and having to retrieve it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Thats a cool looking video thank you. Wearing thick gloves I can always use a screwdriver but the screw itself is another story

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
I imagine in space they have many jobs to do and cant remove the gloves. Those gloves look thick.

They were thick and very difficult to work with. They were always dropping stuff and having to retrieve it.

They had physical difficulty other ways too, with abrasions to their fingers, and coldness there, and likely the sharp Moon dust got in too. They also said the Moon had a smell.

BTW, you are talking about the gloves I take it!
edit on 5-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863

Actually, you must consider that everything that they had to do with equipment was designed to be done with not only those gloves on but the whole suit. Such acts were frequently made even harder by doing the chores in an underwater pool in Houston.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I always laugh about our winter gloves being like "astronaut gloves" and trying to use small screws and pop rivets. I guess that is why you don't see the astronauts putting in any pop rivets

top topics

join