It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian su30's see off Israeli f-15's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: Badgered1

If I were an Eagle driver and saw some Su-30s coming, I'd do just that. Get the flock out of there! Wasn't the F-15 originally designed to intercept the MiG-25? That's a whole different type of fight. I know the F-15 is capable, but I think it's pushing it (especially racked for bombs) to go up against a Flanker.

That's just it, your not and they will not. American F-15 pilots regularly train with and against German pilots in Mig-29s. Eagle pilots know their strengths and weaknesses but also know every other planes weaknesses and strengths. Eagle pilots will make it their fight every time and win when the enemy shats its pants and screws up one little time. They are masters in combat tactics and can push those planes past 11 Gs so they are hardly pushovers.

In the war with Georgia it took the Russian pilots 3 days to hit one little pipeline junction building lol. Hardly aces.

I was following the points that "Four Israeli F-15 fighter/bombers in 'attack formation'" were bounced by SIX Su-30SM dedicated interceptor 4+ GEN fighters. In a situation like that one would assume that the F-15s were racked for bombs. If they were in 'attack formation' they probably were not attacking the Su-30SM aircraft, because they are tough to hit with bombs. The configuration required for bombing is not commensurate to a turning fight.
In that situation, a tactical withdrawal might be the most prudent move, unless the bombing formation had some air patrol support - of which no mention is made.
I will grant you - every time - that a USAF driver, or even an Israeli, in an F-15C loaded for Air-to-Air is more than a match, but that wasn't the situation described (if it happened at all).
This does not appear to be a merge situation between air-to-air configured F-15s against Su-30s in the same numbers.
Perhaps that would be a great fight to see, but if the Israelis were smart, they'd withdraw.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1
Loving the knowledge infusion

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join