It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Consequences of Putin's "Holy War."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: DJW001

Wow!

Second line!

Third line? How has the US done anything different than you are accusing Putin?

People who live in glass houses?

Attacking the radicals in Syria had general support in the Muslim world and ticks of less than 1% of them. Attacking the regular everyday rebels and doing so with dumb bombs causing civilian causalities is going to tick of moderate Muslims as well. Their is a huge difference. If Russia had made ISIS its target the Muslim world would look the other way. However since Russia needs to delay Assad's fall they have to hit everybody. It also does not help Assad has a ceasefire with AlQuida and AlNursa. It also does not help that the world sees Russia as vulnerable. The stalemate in Ukraine and the lack precision weaponry in Syria has people smelling blood in the water. Some anti aircraft weapons to shut down Russian small air corridors would leave Russia in a very bad place.
edit on 5-10-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What was he thinking?

He was thinking about a nice sea port and direct pipeline for oil......with Irans cooperation........thats what he was thinking

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Daesh?

It is the organization's Arabic abbreviation. It is used in the Arabic press and by US government officials.

actually no its not, thats the Aribic word for them in the region, its a negative connotation, its not the "Organizations" abbreviation, they woudlnt call themselves Daesh lol
edit on 10/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Let me clarify. Your scenario wont happen. Why? Because Putin has the support of his people. Putin does not need to allow a false flag or even real terrorist attack happen to his country.

All of these factions declared war on Russia so that means 9/11 Over there?? Lmao. Give me a break.

The entire muslim world has been against the US for over a decade now. How many attacks have we seen? Oh thats right.

Yea. Not counting the bull# events or prevention of events. Sorry.

Basically. Russia gov wont have to terrorize its own people to do anything. They will simply do.

Russia is simply about to make every single American action in the ME moot.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What was he thinking?

He was thinking about a nice sea port and direct pipeline for oil......with Irans cooperation........thats what he was thinking

That's exactly what everyone is thinking....OIL! Nothing specific to Russia. The West is no different.

link   

What was he thinking?

He might be thinking pipeline.. but i guarantee you this pipeline
will be a target for destruction every 5 minutes..

Russia will lose in Syria... they’ll get bogged down and ultimately defeated.
All that will be left is a broken Russian economy and a poisonous chalice for vlad the bad.
edit on Mon, 05 Oct 2015 17:39:24 -0500395America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yep, he's thinking his horse in the ME is Shi'a and all those other Muslims are Sunni.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You keep on hoping for that ISIS revival baby. Hell yeah!

I like how you prefer to kill doctors with smart bombs. Much more satisfying am I right?
edit on 5-10-2015 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

As it stands I think that Russia along with Syria,Iran and Iraq are targeting what ever group the CIA is backing .Call it moderate rebels Dash IS , ISIL, ISIS it's the group that has taken up arms to overthrow the legitimate Syrian Govt . Those that want to take up the ballot box will probably be given a pencil to do so . It's called democracy and I think the Syrian people will choose their own leader not a group of western puppets claiming that Assad must go .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Considering Assad just stated in an interview he would step down if it would help, he immediately contradicted himself by stating there is no need for him to step down.

Syria is not a democracy. If it were it would not be controlled by the Assad's for as long as it has.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think the plan is that Vlad the Bad drops his bombs and Iran the grand comes in with 100,000 ground troops to mop it up . Oh and one cant forget Hezbollah in Lebanon to make the pinch . Vlad in the air and Hezbollah with the Syrian army on the ground . Who is going to stop them ? surely it's not going to be Turkey or Saudis . Maybe Israel wants to give it a go or I know it's probably NATO to the rescue . The US seems to be very much sidelined in this .They are busy in Iraq trying to defeat their proxy army and not having much luck with that war . Oh and we haven't even brought China into the mix and I am sure they are waiting in the wings .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

What was he thinking?

He might be thinking pipeline.. but i guarantee you this pipeline
will be a target for destruction every 5 minutes..

Russia will lose in Syria... they’ll get bogged down and ultimately defeated.
All that will be left is a broken Russian economy and a poisonous chalice for vlad the bad.

Well you might not be wrong on that, however if they can secure the region with Irans help, then Iran will help keep that pipeline secure........

Plus Iran gets help with their programs from Russia, and Russias oil issues are solved.......win win

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What was he thinking?

And getting back at Saudi Arabia for SA opening up the oil production to full and reducing the oil price, a.k.a. Putin Budget.
edit on 5-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There are reports that Iran has a large force of rebel fighters in Yemen. If they secure Yemen and help secure Syria, only Saudi Arabia and Jordan lie between the two.

And we are sending them a ton of aid as part of the nuclear deal, so we'll be financing this.

Any guesses if Saudi Arabia falls to the Iranians?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't see Iran holding on to Yemen to be honest. Even more so since the country is blockaded by Arab coalition forces.

Iran has been in Syria for some time now so the latest information about lots of Iranian troops inbound to Syria is an extension of what they already have.

As for Saudi Arabia I don't see major powers throwing them to the wolves.

It is interesting to see Syria and iran become more emboldened with Russia there now.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The whole Yemen thing is a big question in my mind .I am having a hard time ,other then the strategic thing . It never made sense that axis of evil would need it because it really didn't pose much of a threat to many . But I suppose if it was under the control of the bad guys it could cause a lot of problems . That could be a type of Vietnam if Iran or Russia / China gets a good foot hold on the place . Right now it only seems to be a problem for the UN in trying not to talk about . ETA . Iran does not need SA but SA can not continue with Iran as a equal . SA has no creditability while Iran can march to their own tune .
edit on 5-10-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If you're looking at it as a strategic thing in preparation to attack the Saudis, you can come at them from the north and south. With both Russia and China in your corner and possible nukes, how likely are the other world powers to stop you?

Why else would the Saudis go to the trouble of making nice with the Israelis and the Jordanians? Making nice with the Israelis would not be popular, but losing to the Shi'as would be less so. The Israelis at least aren't trying to invade. They can't the entire ME would turn on them and everyone knows it, but a single power in charge of the whole ME is an eminent threat to Israel. It would be in their best interests to keep Shi'as and Sunnis staring uneasily at each other as much as worrying about how to wipe Israel off the map.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is interesting to see Syria and iran become more emboldened with Russia there now.
That may have a lot to do with BRICS option . It's not like the west has been kind to them and with Russia/China being a viable alternative to the IMF it is not surprising to me .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why else would the Saudis go to the trouble of making nice with the Israelis and the Jordanians?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Iran hates Saudi Arabia as much as they hate Israel. A nuclear armed or emboldened Iran is a threat to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

I think it has more to do with the perception Russia wont allow an attack on Syria or Iran and less to do with BRICS.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Let me clarify. Your scenario wont happen. Why? Because Putin has the support of his people. Putin does not need to allow a false flag or even real terrorist attack happen to his country.

Kazakhstan is not "his country." An attack on Russians, Russian assets, or a Russian Church in Kazakhstan would give him an excuse to send in troops to "protect ethnic Russians." This is what happened in Ukraine after some pro-Russian protesters were conveniently killed in a fire, and in Chechniya after a series of bombings targeting Russian citizens in Moscow. Vladimir Vladimorvich has an easy to read playbook.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join