It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Group Pushes Obama to Take Executive Action on Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Every single school in my town have houses, usually a lot of 'em, well within the 1000' radius of this proposed idiocy. I wonder, do the owner of these homes have to undergo some form of psychological exam in order to live there, after all, they might be dangerous.

If they have guns they are all most likely to be perceived as Danny Vermin-esque and own .88 magnums.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I have ADD. Though I'm not sure why you are asking me these questions. I never said I was in support of these EO's. To me, Executive Action from Obama when it comes to guns is just feel good policy to convince the idiots that he is doing something.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: neo96

I know.

My facetious seems to be broken this morning...afternoon...whatever the heck it is.

Good luck enforcing this rule.

Here's an interesting thing to think about.

Every single school in my town have houses, usually a lot of 'em, well within the 1000' radius of this proposed idiocy. I wonder, do the owner of these homes have to undergo some form of psychological exam in order to live there, after all, they might be dangerous. ...*gasp*...they might even own a gun or two.

I know a farmer that owns fields bordering a school. He would not be able to walk his property line with his shotgun to hunt pheasants without breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be honest, anyone who seriously entertains the idea of a gun confiscation in this country is deluding themselves. It's just fearmongering to assume that such a thing would occur. Even the democrats, when pushing gun control, never push to outright ban all guns. It's always restrictions on how to buy them.

That is just what Americans in the 1940s thought about their gold and silver until the STATE confiscated it.

That is just what the Japanese Americans thought then the STATE took all their belongs at the outbreak of world war 2. Then were thrown in fema camps of their day.

And that's what the Native Americans thought until Uncle Same took their weapons, and put them on trails of tears to the reservations.

Unlikely ?

Yeah right.

Fine. Believe what you want. I know better than to try to convince YOU of anything that disagrees with you.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I know a farmer that owns fields bordering a school. He would not be able to walk his property line with his shotgun to hunt pheasants without breaking the law.

Screw him. He is probably some old fuddy duddy who wants his due process as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have ADD. Though I'm not sure why you are asking me these questions. I never said I was in support of these EO's. To me, Executive Action from Obama when it comes to guns is just feel good policy to convince the idiots that he is doing something.

I gave you the reason and now you're acting like you don't understand my last post! The whole mental health issue isn't about the mental health system OR Big Pharm, but to take guns away from ANYONE in the eyes of the government who is taking medications or deemed mentally ill.

It doesn't address the BILLION DOLLAR industry of lobbyists from BP who has an army of pill pimps pushing their poison!
edit on 5-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
pill pimps pushing their poison!

I love alliteration. Star just for that.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah well historical events, and current events back up Seekers concerns.

The STATE is currently trying to confiscate all them evil rich's property.

I am amazed how anyone can think it can't happen.

Because it is coming.

Once the public has the 'fear' of God put in them they will support anything.

Like how the Patriot Act was passed.

Like how the 'Affordable' Care Act was passed.
edit on 5-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If they would take them it won't be on your terms

Prepare to be very un prepared

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
If they would take them it won't be on your terms

Prepare to be very un prepared

My current conundrum. I see it coming........

Act like a criminal and cover my hypothetical crime or stand up for my Constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
IF I had children I would be worried. Imagine sleeping then hearing swat burst into your home and hear screams things being broken and such in a massive raid all because... You posted your beliefs on a public channel, causing you to become a sore thumb a giant red dot

Always stand up for your rights, but do it legaly. Please

edit on 5-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
IF I had children I would be worried. Imagine sleeping then hearing swat burst into your home and hear screams things being broken and such in a massive raid all because... You posted your beliefs on a public channel, causing you to become a sore thumb a giant red dot

Always stand up for your rights, but do it legaly. Please

I live alone!

That's a gift many don't have.

Met a few women who wanted to live with me, and that fact alone made me STAY AWAY!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seagull

So, if I were to walk to the store, which I've been known to do...I have to past by a school, I'll be frisked. Cool, something to look forward to.

I was guessing.

I have no clue how they think that 1000 foot no gun 'rule' can be enforced.

The only way it can be is by going all gestapo on people.

They can't even enforce the gun free zone in schools now. No one is currently frisked before going into schools.
Where I live, they do not have metal detectors in any schools at all.

The only place they now have metal detectors where I live is in the county courthouse.
And they only installed those after they made it easier to get traffic infraction convictions. As if they expected to make folks angry for removing some rights to due process, which they did do.

I usually carry a small gun everywhere I go when my child is with me, just in case someone plans on shooting up a crowd inside some place. If I were to save a lot of people and kids, then perhaps being punished for it would be worthwhile.

We already know that Obama likes when children die if they die because of a connection to his gun control agenda.
And no one should ever forget Fast and Furious, or when Obama bragged openly about killing enemies which somehow included hundreds and now maybe thousands of children and women overseas when he was getting to order drone strikes himself and then taking credit for them to boost his politics, but I have no idea how murdering little children would be something he could brag about, but he certainly did do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hell Neo! I don't think Obama is waiting for Bloombergs approval!

The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

“It’s a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see more progress on this issue in this town,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters today at the press briefing.

Earnest said he would “quibble” with anyone who criticized the president for not voicing any specific gun control proposals during his press conference, asserting that the White House was working behind the scenes for more executive actions on guns.

White House: Obama Preparing More Executive Actions on Gun Control

The hell with gun control, I think it is time for "Pen Control"! Bet more people have died from Obama's pen than guns?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Obama the magnificent doesn't need any stinky persuasion when his uses is mighty pen.

You know that.

Bloombug and his minions wants to ban guns in the US. that is their agenda and has been for years. The gangsters wants to be the only ones with gun.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Even if they could and did ban the sale of guns & closed all the gun stores and required me to "register" my guns. I would not just docilely walk to the gas chamber,, er, ah, I mean, confiscation point and hand them over. Think Bundy, except bigger.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

And after the 23 he's already done.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Listen to what this guy says about the 'magic pen'.

...Theres been a tendency of this administration to hide behind executive privilidge everytime theres something shaky taking place.

I wonder what happened to this bloke.

edit on 5-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To own a gun it should need a gun license that takes age, criminal record, financial background, mental health records. Registration to your council/local authority. Liability insurance on every gun owned. 14 day waiting period after purchase. Universal comprehensive background checks. No private transfer of firearms. Every sale or gift goes through a licensed firearms dealer along with registration change and liability insurance will be checked before transfer.

Police are more dangerous than the American public. Police should have their weapons taken off them and only given to a special force in the Police which deal with gun crimes.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Obama cant.

I dont see how he can. Such a executive order would be illegal and the states could just ignore it am I correct?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Obama cant.

I dont see how he can. Such a executive order would be illegal and the states could just ignore it am I correct?

He's done it 23 times already so he can.

According to the 14th amendment EVERY state can ignore EO's that abridge our civil liberties if they wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join