It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's prime minister said marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco. Absolutely not.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

About as rare as marijuana "alleviating" AIDS & Alzheimer's I'd guess.

(post by Akragon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Akragon

Subjective enough to know that I smoke 20 a day with no detriment to my health and if I even touch a spliff my psychosis becomes an unliveable hell...

By the way, I smoked for 12 years, averaging a quarter ounce a day...

I speak from experience not Fox News.

There was a thread on here discussing weaponized weed.

The thought is that different strains are related to people and others unseen that may want to jack with people. By doing certain kinds you could open up to others in a personal way. Others just call it paranoia.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Absolutely, Akragon...

I wouldn't advocate legislation...

But having been on both sides of the argument in the past, I do feel both sides push an agenda.

I love my cigs, I'd hate if they were banned...
I feel the same about MJ.

Should be a personal choice.

(post by CharlieSpeirs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well let me put it this way... legislation would destroy the street market.

Yes it can affect people badly... but even the bad effects are only felt on a personal level... its not something that destroys families, and the lives of people around the user...

On the other hand smokes do, alcohol is even worse...

I've known people that just go nuts when they drink whiskey... just want to fight and cause trouble for no reason other then the fact that they've been drinking.

Compared to the legal drugs we have at the moment... pot is tame

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I used to think so but there is only so much you can write off as idiocy. I envy the Aussies and how they got rid of Tony Abbot.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sounds like the U.S. is not the only country that have morons in political office.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: amicktd
List of symptoms marijuana alleviates:

Insomnia
Nausea
Hangovers
Headaches
Loss of Appetite
Anger
Alzheimer's Disease
Anorexia
AIDS
Arthritis
Cachexia
Cancer
Crohn's Disease
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV
Migraine
Multiple Sclerosis
Nausea
Pain
Spasticity
Wasting Syndrome

I think the pharmaceutical companies have some competition.

List of symptoms marijuana exacerbates...

Psychosis;
Auditory hallucinations
Visual hallucinations
Paranoia
Anxiety
& many more

Drastic weight loss

Lethargy

All smoking related illnesses; (don't act like you just want to eat it)
Cancer(s)
Emphysema
& many more

Oxygen deprivation; (don't act like you want to eat it)
Brain cell damage
& more

Pro propaganda is as bad as the anti propaganda.

On topic;
Infinitely worse???
That's subjective to the person using it.

Hi Charlie

I feel I ought to add a few facts concerning pot in the uk.
In the early days (60's to 80's) the supply to the uk was mostly Afghan Moroccan and Lebanese. The quality was good.
About mid 80's those sources started to dry up in the uk, and as it got scarcer some rather dubious substances started hitting the streets. For many years the uk market was flooded with solids and weeds that were soaked in horse tranquilizer!
When this happened is when we started to hear terms such as "Brain dead pot smoker". It was true, those smoking the horse tranqs certainly were brain dead. That stuff was on the markets for many years, and that is when most studies were done!

These days the supply has shifted again, now its mostly commercialized skunks, and no, they are not 100's of times stronger! There are skunks that are 100's of times stronger but they never get past the dealers, why would dealers sell a substance that lasts 100 times longer? They wouldn't because their profits would be 100 times less! And yet, again, much of the modern research was carried out using the real strong stuff that never reaches the streets!

And going back to the 2008 research that was mentioned above, I seem to remember the government sacked those doing the research because their findings did not match what the government wanted to feed the public.

Of course all this is just hearsay, personally I wouldn't have a clue.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Canada's prime minister said marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco. Absolutely not.

Interesting.

Two new University of Colorado studies paint an ominous picture of the direction of the state since marijuana commercialization, but neither provides conclusive evidence that legal pot is causing harm.

More Colorado drivers in fatal crashes positive for pot, study says

Pot Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths

59 people die of marijuana overdose in Colorado and Washington after legalization

Marijuana is not harmless people need to stop trying to sell it like it is.

Those people's families would AGREE with Canada's prime minister.

So because some irresponsible people took to driving it should be banned for all?

Kinda being a hypocrite there neo seeing as you dont want guns banned because a few irresponsible people misuse them.....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

But smoke one joint and your whole life is destroyed!

Not that you'd have much of a life left to live after that single joint...because everyone knows it kills immediately and indiscriminately. Even a single puff on a joint will cause your eyeballs to melt and run out of their sockets, a second one will definitely kill you.

Kids..100 ciggies and a couple of bottles of whiskey per day is the way to go...MUCH safer than that killer weed. Just say yes to tobacco and alcohol, you know it makes sense.

Yes, but in between that eye popping first puff and the second one, you risk becoming a heroin addict, or sell your body to older men for crack.

The Gateway Theory says so.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Kinda being a hypocrite there neo seeing as you dont want guns banned because a few irresponsible people misuse them....

That logic is fine for everything but guns.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Interesting.

Two new University of Colorado studies paint an ominous picture of the direction of the state since marijuana commercialization, but neither provides conclusive evidence that legal pot is causing harm.

More Colorado drivers in fatal crashes positive for pot, study says

Pot Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths

59 people die of marijuana overdose in Colorado and Washington after legalization

Marijuana is not harmless people need to stop trying to sell it like it is.

Those people's families would AGREE with Canada's prime minister.

I think Harper and all other eminent world leaders in power keeping weed illegal should go all the way in their reasoning and ban all psychoactive substances. Alcohol, tobacco, and coffee is a psychotrope as well. We'll have police posted outside supermarkets and check the grocery bags for illegal Java. Then there's the pharmaceutical drugs, very dangerous. Homeland Security (they do have that in Canada, right?) should issue at least one broom stick to every pharmacy so they can sweep them all out. Then there's the sugar, pizza and video game addictions. What you need to understand is that these are drugs as well and people are addicted to them. Then there's the problem with terrorism, and everyone knows that you can make bombs out of baking soda and bleach. I just can't see how these products can be kept legal. Heart attack is the number one killer after natural cause of death, and fatty foods is the number one perp, so how can we really allow people to eat butter and cream? The 9/11 terrorists used knives as weapons, so how can kitchen knives be legal?

We'll need a lot of police to impose these bans, at last decent people can feel safe in their homes at night.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Heliocentric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sure make pot legal so more kids can get it easier, cheaper and then smoke more of it . Great idea guys. I sure know how smoking cigarettes affects grades, motivation, concentration etc

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Infinitely worse eh? Sounds like he has some delusions about mary jane.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I see Canada has its own idiot problem.

Yeah, and the Canadians are going to be hard to get rid of.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: neo96

Sounds like propaganda to me...

Check your sources before posting bro...

Papers sell better being even negative against marijuana because people will read it.

Pretty much these and similar boarder on that; for example...

But the data the researchers use does not reveal whether those drivers were impaired at the time of the crash or whether they were at fault.

D.Post

Often those people were on something else as well. Alcohol usually the major contribution to the death.

Huzlers? Yeah, that's fake news. If that many people as stated died from Od'ing wouldn't it be all over the MSM and especially news that wants to shoot it down anyway?
edit on 5-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

So because some irresponsible people took to driving it should be banned for all?

Kinda being a hypocrite there neo seeing as you dont want guns banned because a few irresponsible people misuse them.....

I doubt hell respond to this. Doesn't fit his narrative.

The irony is thick though good on you for calling it out.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While I think pot should be legal everywhere, I think its dangerous to go around thinking pot doesn't cause cancer. If you don't believe pot causes cancer then you don't believe cigarettes cause cancer either, because they are caused by the same mechanisms.

Very little studies have been done on pot because scientists and doctors usually do tobacco studies for quick guaranteed grant money. No ones paying for pot studies good or bad.

Frequent smoke on the glandular cells in the lungs causes irritation, if long enough, will change the cells to squamous cells to protect the lung. This change makes the squamous cells susceptible to mutation/atypia, which can lead to squamous cell carcinoma.

Meaning if there is frequent smoke in the lungs, you are at risk for cancer. I don't know if it is more dangerous than smoking, because I think there are so many factors involved that you not comparing apples to apples.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Well the limited studies say it doesn't have the same risk iirc, and mj smoke is very much different then cig smoke. There is other carginigns in cigs thar cause rhe cancer. So not as black and white as you lay out.

And you don't have to smoke to partake in mj.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join