It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Doom is NOT measured in 'Death' !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by a lot of things and I view myself as someone that is pretty awake in regards to society and how people are and think. Thanks to personal experiences and the internet.

But there is one thing that surprises me a lot. Some people (mostly outside of ATS) are obviously having a hard time staying in context when discussing scale of natural disasters. When there is a report about 16 deaths in some unexpected flash flood They honestly write things like : There are thousands of people dying everyday from 'typical causes'. How is that even an argument in THAT context? I have more understanding when this is used when a shooting gets big in the media and is being talked about for weeks because there are other people dying from violence worldwide.

Also claiming that A disaster is not as bad as something that happened in lets say 1940 because it killed way more people is Bull**** as well.

Natural doom is measured in direct physical Devastation and nothing else. Just felt the urge to write that down somewhere because it is driving me crazy sometimes. Seriously, where is the logic?

edit on 5-10-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

I believe the problem lies within the false idea that we are told the world is a safe place, and that those of us in the first world nations have nothing to fear.

"Government keeps us safe.." "Firearms keep us safe.." "Police / military keep us safe..." "Our homes keep us safe.."

These are relative things, they do not provide absolute safety, only relative safety.

Absolute safety is a lie, but it is peddled like a god, and people believe it.

This is why people are so shocked when things happen. Be it natural disaster, or a barbaric attack in places that we are told are safe places.

The sooner people realize, and accept that safety is an illusion, a lie, a false god; the sooner we will be able to actually make head-way on solving a lot of other issues.

new topics

join