It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, ATF WARN OF THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST 'UNIVERSITY NEAR PHILADELPHIA' Temple University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- The FBI and ATF are warning about a non-specific threat of violence against "a university near Philadelphia" on Monday.

The FBI released the following statement over the weekend:

Out of an abundance of caution, the FBI Philadelphia Field Office notified local colleges and universities of a social media posting which threatened violence at a Philadelphia-area college or university for Monday, October 5. No specific college or university was identified in the posting. We encourage students, faculty, and employees at area colleges and universities to follow the guidance of their campus security officials. The FBI will continue to work with our federal, state, and local law enforcement partners to investigate threats of

FBI, ATF WARN OF THREAT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST 'UNIVERSITY NEAR PHILADELPHIA'

So I was just searching #Shooter on Twitter when I came across a guy stating he was at Temple University using the #shooter in his posts and I decided to search Temple Shooter and this story came up.

Anywho...hopefully this guy is not going to do something, but if it happens, it appears it has not happened yet but is a credible threat.

I wonder if I just happened upon the guy from 4CHAN that is stating he is going to do it?

Any thoughts on this?

Link to Tweet: Twitter

Called TheKingOfTut and Sitting Bull.

If anyone can search or find anything on this it may be useful to do so methinks. Story says threat was called in and was supposed to go down around 1PM today.
edit on 10/5/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
2PM Eastern is the time the story says something may happen...that is 40 min out.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Colleges and universities in and around Philadelphia are bolstering police patrols today after federal agencies notified them of a threat made on an Internet post.

The threat was posted Friday on 4chan, the same website that carried postings threatening a school in the "northwest" the day before nine people were slain at an Oregon college, a law-enforcement source with knowledge of the Philly threat confirmed to the Daily News.

"This is only the beginning, . . . " the Philly-area threat says. "On October 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM CT, a fellow robot will take up arms against a university near Philadelphia. His cries will be heard, his victims will cower in fear, and the strength of the Union will decay a little more."

Read more at www.philly.com...

Trolling perhaps... I hope.
edit on 10/5/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Colleges and universities in and around Philadelphia are bolstering police patrols today after federal agencies notified them of a threat made on an Internet post.

The threat was posted Friday on 4chan, the same website that carried postings threatening a school in the "northwest" the day before nine people were slain at an Oregon college, a law-enforcement source with knowledge of the Philly threat confirmed to the Daily News.

"This is only the beginning, . . . " the Philly-area threat says. "On October 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM CT, a fellow robot will take up arms against a university near Philadelphia. His cries will be heard, his victims will cower in fear, and the strength of the Union will decay a little more."

Read more at www.philly.com...

Trolling perhaps... I hope.

I thought the same, but figured if it is preventable then why not blast it out there. Even if trolling it should be shown and condemned I think. It is terrorizing to people. I tweeted it to FBI and ATF as well. Just figuring if something like this can be prevented versus egged on it would be better.

This whole BetaUprising thing is strange to me.....it is like an underground nerd movement with violence.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue there. Closing duplicate.

new topics

top topics

join