It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Nato warns Russia to cease strikes immediatly

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Maybe they will divide Syria like they did Vietnam. Then each side can collaborate with their occupying armies, killing millions of their fellow countrymen for nothing.

Isn't endle$$ war grand?

You just described the US and Russian arm manufactures wet dream right there.

Bet they would loooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee to do just that.

If Dick Cheny is reading this he would be getting the kleenex out right now.
edit on 6-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe now is when we should all be contacting our government representatives and telling them to stop this before it really is too late. Especially with elections coming up in Canada, and eventually the US. This seems to be the beginning of the end...whatever that may be. Certainly not life on earth...I hope.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yah, cold war revisited. Low level superpower conflict in some hapless nation with the threat of the bomb hovering over everyone.

They don't want everyone dead, they just want everyone living in endless fear so they can make money.

War is business and business is goood.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This shut in said there is no free Syrian Army. Have you been to Syria. Hmm I didn't think so. Do you know anyone from Syria. Hmm didn't think so. Good luck with that star baiting. Fact is the bloodshed would have been ovee 2 years ago, but Russia voted no because Assad is his lapdog. All of a sudden Russia now wants to get in there after all these years. Use your fu**&*& head.

Oh by the way there is no brain in there.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
NATO never told the U.S.A. to "immediatey cease" attack on Afghanistan and Iraq? Or now in Syria.

Because while there at it, the Russians may will get further involvement in the region soon :

Russia ready to consider Iraqi request for airstrikes – Upper House speaker

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I side with Putin.... His mission is to defend the Syrian established government against the insurgent terrorists

and he calls the whole bunch of fighters that are trying to overthrow the Assad forces in Syria ---he calls the whole group ISIS (or else terrorists) there is no distinction between the armed rebels fighting under a flag of: the FSA, or al Nusra, or Salafist, or AQ or IS-ISIS or even Boko Harem if they ever get sent by the CIA to fight in Syria

Putin is absolutely correct in saying his objective is to destroy ISIS when bombing FSA arms depots or AQ strongholds.... every anti-Syrian fighter is a bought & paid mercenary for either USA/CIA/ NATO/Saudi or Gulf States antagonists and Putin intends to clean out the nest of snakes the USA in unison with Arabia have created over time and basically lost strict control over...

more and more the USA led side of things is looking like the west is the Magog/Gog party in this end time set up

related news: www.dailymail.co.uk... pe-rebels-fighting-Syrian-President.html

'' by whatever means necessary..." the SF from Russia will mop up the ISIS fighters in a house-to-house fumigation process (& probably detain the civilians who would aid & abet the murderers from IS/the Caliphate against Syria)
edit on th31144414178706292015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31144414213406352015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
Nato demands Russia "immediately cease" attacks on Syria's opposition & civilians

It is stil breaking news
this was a demand for immediate cease.
They sound pretty serious about this, yikes

www.bbc.co.uk...

Kind of ironic that in comparison, Israel gets almost completely ignored after they bomb the living hell out of the Palestinian people.

But bomb Western-funded mercenaries? You have Nato ready to go to war.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
NATO needs to walk from Syria NOW. They lost Putin has won.

As much as I despise Putin and think he is a detestable man, he is not a fool. He inflicted a political defeat on NATO.

As much as I hate Bush I have to admit Obama has royally cocked up a bigger blow to NATO credibility than Bush's Iraq. Its almost embarrassing to be part of the UK.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is so annoying! Why does it sound like OUR government is trying to PROTECT ISIS?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
NATO needs to walk from Syria NOW. They lost Putin has won.

As much as I despise Putin and think he is a detestable man, he is not a fool. He inflicted a political defeat on NATO.

As much as I hate Bush I have to admit Obama has royally cocked up a bigger blow to NATO credibility than Bush's Iraq. Its almost embarrassing to be part of the UK.

Think how us Americans feel when we see this crapola spoon fed to us on every TV channel in the US. What gets me is people have no ability to use critical thinking skills. Most Americans probably dont even know we are funding the merc army trying to topple Syria. I think this is just a drop in the merc bucket for what we may see on a global scale as the regime change mercs go to work across the globe to get everyone in line with a one world government.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
This is so annoying! Why does it sound like OUR government is trying to PROTECT ISIS?

Because Obama and his advisers are Incompetent

The UK PM is Incompetent and so is the French president.

They thought they could play proxy war in Syria to please Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

And being amateurs it came back to bite them on the asre badly.

Putin may be evil but hes smart and can play Realpolitik well. Against the buffoons leading our country's that's a recipe for disaster.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I don't even buy that Putin is evil, regardless of the media bias. I see this as an opportunity to clear out the evil that has ravaged the ME for years only for our government to step in and request (sorry, threaten) that Russia play to the rules. This, to me, makes it sound like WE have been the evil in the ME the entire time.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here are is some discussion on the current situation in Syria with Russia setting up more military equipment.

broken vid

Shaffer Slams Obama on Russia, Syria: U.S. Is Now the 'JV Team' in Middle East
Pete Hegseth and Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer (Ret) joined Megyn Kelly on "The Kelly File" tonight to discuss Russia's increasing aggression in Syria and the Obama administration's apparent lack of a strategy.

Carly Fiorina Explains How She Would Deal with 'Unholy Alliance' in Middle East
Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina appeared on "Hannity" tonight to react to Russia's bombing campaign inside the war-torn country of Syria and to explain how the U.S. should respond to this type of Russian aggression
edit on 6-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Corbett: "... Russia is bombing al-CIAda!" Good report though, as usual.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Obama is likely sitting in the oval office, head in his palms crying. He and the rest of NATO not only cocked up but got called out.

Putin has him check mated.

Obama has bee PutIn his place so to speak

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" to quote one of Obamas hinchmen.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Obama is likely sitting in the oval office, head in his palms crying. He and the rest of NATO not only cocked up but got called out.

Putin has him check mated.

So it would appear however lets not count our chickens before they have hatched, lets not underestimate the various alphabet agencies that specialize in ninja covert war, they may try an all out attack on Syria with a coalition of various global nations involved in an attempt to confuse the russian syrian iranian alliance.

If they play that hand they may attempt to claim victory in the fog of war.

It may be the most likely scenario because Russian forces in the region are limited, Syria is unable to project offencive weaponry into other countries with precision on a mass scale.

So before Syria builds up signifigant ability to project force around the globe a coalition of nations may blitz them.

The big elephant in the room is what will Syria be able to do to the nations attacking it around the globe, how will Russia and Iran respond to such a manuver?

We either stay the course and keep sending in mercs, have world war, give up our strategy and go back to the drawing board, or the Assad regime falls under the blitz as Russia and Iran are unable to compensate for the various nations attacking Syria.

Of course Iran and Russia may go all in and attack the countries that are attacking Assad, this may halt the entire conflict as all nations would most likely call for a cease fire rather than be obliterated by the Russians who have the ability to destroy the whole planet if they want to. . . . . So basically if Russia strikes any country the war will instantly end.

Classic paper tiger scenario .. . . . .

It would be too costly to even chance it so they may just try other means to topple the government of Syria.

edit on 6-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So far, there are no reports of MANPADS downing Russia aircraft. The insurgents were refused those because the US knew it would begin bombing inside Syria's borders. Now that the Russians are overhead, that may change. Just like it did in Afghanistan.

Might take a lithe while, we'll see.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am just waiting on WW3 to come jumping out of this we all kinda feel it brewing.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Assad is the leader of Syria
Syria and Assad are allies of Russia.
Im American. I dont see what the problem is.
Maybe we need to stop funding tebels to topple legitimate regimes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join