It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Nato warns Russia to cease strikes immediatly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: seaswine

I'm just saying, i personally do not think he is as bad as we are led to believe.

I understand that, but when you see the track record for him a whole different view comes out about him.

Question though is as bad as he is, is he any better than NATO?

Both to me seem up to there neck in #.

So why would I cheer NATO in syria anymore than I should cheer Russia in Ukraine?
Frankly to me both are as bad as each other and I dont want to support either.

Only thing I want is ISIS dead. Who kills them matters little to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The debate is too one sided. Keep in mind Assad's regime is still responsible for more dead people than IS. Some sources say it's 8:1 or more. Don't be so enthusiastic when Putin supports dictator's status quo and
keep in mind it's also about the future's pipe lines and western economic safety and independence VS on-Russia dependence and dollar crash. The winter is coming and they will play this card again. Always to defend their national interrests. Not yours.
edit on 5/10/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 5/10/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (must be filled out):

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup me also and I think that should be the first thing every country should be concentrating on, sort that out together and then deal with the rest of the stuff.

BTW when I first read the OP at work I thought it was like or else thats why I thought oh no better get my bug out bag and get my Mad Max outfit on.
edit on 5-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's a joke but at the same time I can entertain that idea as being plausible.

There is an old saying, that "the enemy of our enemy, is our friend". In this case, the opposition in Syria needs the Islamic State, and the US and her allies, need to free Syrian army ... thus, in this particular case Free Syrian army is in bed with Islamic state, or vice versa.

The US position on this, is "retarded". As always, they make more mess than anything else ... the news that comes from the middle east, stating "call for arms" against Russia, says it loud and clear. "Russia is hitting ISIS hard". Only a couple of days, and they're yielling out loud. I wonder what the US has been doing all this time ...

The fact of the matter is, as bad as Assad is ... and as bad as Saddam Hussein was ... and as bad as Muamar Ghaddafi was ... they are still "the lesser of two evils".

At this particular point, the Russians are "correct". The battle might of these terrorists must be ended ... once it has ended, both Russia and the US have a presence in the middle east and can deal with the rest.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Although I don't trust anybody,why would NATO not want them to stop this?

“Are we seeing the end of Christianity?” he continued. “We are committed come what may, we will keep going to the end, but it looks as though the end could be very near.”

Christians have spoken out about the treatment they endured from ISIS. They said ISIS destroyed churches and statues of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary, and raised the black flag in Mary’s place. Terrorists robbed the Christians at checkpoints, taking the earrings women were wearing.

“There is not a single Christian family left in Mosul,” said Bashar Nasih Behnam, who left with his two children. “The last one was a disabled Christian woman. She stayed because she could not get out. They came to her and said you have to get out and if you don’t we will cut off your head with a sword. That was the last family.”

The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) executed 12 Christians, including a 12-year-old boy, after they refused to abandon their faith and convert to Islam. The murders occurred on August 28 outside of Aleppo.

“In front of the team leader and relatives in the crowd, the Islamic extremists cut off the fingertips of the boy and severely beat him, telling his father they would stop the torture only if he, the father, returned to Islam,” revealed Christian Aid Mission. “When the team leader refused, relatives said, the ISIS militants also tortured and beat him and the two other ministry workers. The three men and the boy then met their deaths in crucifixion.”

The boy’s father was a “ministry team leader who planted nine churches.” One woman allegedly yelled “Jesus!” right before the terrorists beheaded her. Militants took eight aid workers, two of them females, to another village. They proceeded to rape the two females before they executed them.

“Villagers said some were praying in the name of Jesus, others said some were praying the Lord’s Prayer, and others said some of them lifted their heads to commend their spirits to Jesus,” described one source. “One of the women looked up and seemed to be almost smiling as she said, ‘Je

That's the plan, end Christianity. and Obama is accountable.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Complete and utter nonsense.

Can't find something better to bash Obama for so you come up with that?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Translation...

Stop bombing ISIS, we need them.

#ing joke.

BANG

Pwned it in one comment.

I'm sure I read somewhere prior to Vlad air strikes that the west was not going to like his methods and that it was going to be ugly. Lucky he doesn't give a ship what western propaganda mouthpieces say. War is ugly.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
The debate is too one sided. Keep in mind Assad's regime is still responsible for more dead people than IS. Some sources say it's 8:1 or more. Don't be so enthusiastic when Putin supports dictator's status quo and
keep in mind it's also about the future's pipe lines and western economic safety and independence VS on-Russia dependence and dollar crash. The winter is coming and they will play this card again. Always to defend their national interrests. Not yours.

Those rebels are terrorists in my opinion I think most people want them to be gone, and are hoping that they lose this war.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How can any sane person believe it is Gods will to behave as ISIS have been behaving? killing 'Christians' because they wont leave their houses?

not just 'Christians' either..

This isn't 500AD anymore, we are 1500 years advanced from that... ISIS must still believe we are in 500AD and havn't managed to grow up out of it.

Maybe they will soon be dead.

Must seem like some kind of Time Travel situation if you are on the ground. This high Tech equipment from 2015 being used on people who believe its 500AD

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Keep in mind Assad's regime is still responsible for more dead people than IS. Some sources say it's 8:1 or more.

Absolutely not!! most of the causalities are resulting from lack of basic needs like medical care, water and even food to those who get hurt or catch bad health. FSA, AQ, IS all are responsible for this along with Assad regime which in the initial stages would not relent to a "less oppressive" society and more basic rights for the population.

In one video on youtube, an old civilian was shouting at the FSA fighters that "where ever you all arrive so does the HELL for all the people, why don't you leave us alone".

Country after country what we are seeing (Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Syria) that dictatorship is the best alternative till the time these ME societies learn to handle freedom and not become a prey to the fanatic Islamist and suffer much more and go reverse in terms of progress in the society.

Why does not US leave these countries alone??????????????????????????????????????

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Translation...

Stop bombing ISIS, we need them.

#ing joke.

BANG

Pwned it in one comment.

I'm sure I read somewhere prior to Vlad air strikes that the west was not going to like his methods and that it was going to be ugly. Lucky he doesn't give a ship what western propaganda mouthpieces say. War is ugly.

You know, as well as that...
For NATO to start worrying about collateral damage to insurgents of any type is a real shining light on the whole facade this BS has been.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So if Russia deals ISIS a severe blow and they are no longer a threat, will NATO and the U.S. congratulate and thank Russia?

Maybe the U.S. should stop bombing Afghanistan civilians and hospitals? How can NATO and the U.S. condemn Russia for killing civilians when the U.S. has been doing it for the past 15 years in its middle east conflicts and drone attacks? Nothing like turning a blind eye when it suits their agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

He motives are obvious.

As outdated as it may seem putin seems to be practiceing realpolitik.

I find it tastless and crude but I will give him the fact its a lot more effective and honest than NATO.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I reckon the Russians consider anyone inside the border of Syria who doesn`t support the government to be a rebel or terrorist, the same way that abe Lincoln considered anyone who no longer wanted to be a part of the united states to be a rebel deserving of death.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Russia also violated Turkey airspace so the meeting was called up. ISIS is a terrosrist organization and remember all terrorist tend to operate in area where there are civilians. Remember Palestine bombings, same thing when terrorists go where civilians are so they not only get publicity but also know that in there they have human shield sort of.

I find it hilarious the Turks are complaining the Russians violated their airspace.
Turkey is a country which does not recognize the airspace and international laws and regulations regarding FIR of several neighboring countries and routinely violates their airspace and FIR operating protocols. Many times it's actions have almost resulted in collisions with civilian airliners.
So Turkey should suck it up and accept it, or start obeying international laws it self and then complain what others are doing.

It's no wonder the Americans keep them as a useful ally/puppet...their government is just as corrupt twisted and hypocritical as that in Washington.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Complete and utter nonsense.

Can't find something better to bash Obama for so you come up with that?

Obama crap aside Christians have been persecuted since the start of this war since before IS were the go to bad guys.

Yeh that's right, the lovely FSA and other "rebels" were killing Christians, butchering priests, attacking Christian sites, burning down Churches.

But hey, the corporate media didn't tell you so you don't know about those things.

IS is just the manufactured evolution of all those other groups that were failing miserably, with a lot of friendly help from the US Turkey Saudis etc.

FSA failed to topple Assad. Their staged chemical attacks failed when the real culprits(rebels) were found out.
Next step was/is IS which justified for the Americans and their allies an intervention.

This has left the Russians no other choice but to send their own forces to intervene. Supplying Assad with weapons is no longer enough, as the Americans will eventually aim their missiles at his forces.
The Russias must have had some intelligence suggesting the Americans were getting set to turn things up a notch or two in Syria, for them to intervene so dramatically and send a strong message like they have.

This is the closest the two forces of the two super powers have come during a conflict where both sides are hot in a long long time.
Think about that for a moment. You have US forces and Russian forces in an active war in the same region. The potential for something to happen there is high as tensions between them are already at highs not seen since the cold war.

This isn't the Russians backing Assad. This is Russia saying we have interests as well and we will use military force to protect our interests and there's nothing you will do to stop us.

This is different from Georgia where they were provoked by a US puppet. Different from Ukraine.
Because in this scenario there are US forces actively engaged in battle as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Funny on the GOP channel tonight Fox News…Megan Kelly’s show, the conservative commentators admitted Obama all along wanted ISIS to mess up Assad.

Now it’s an open secret about America supporting ISIS and no body cares

America is finished…down for the count

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's rich.
The largest threat to world peace dictating terms of engagement from what they spout as the moral high ground.
Don't these idiots at NATO realise nobody, including their own civilian population is buying into the clown show anymore?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

Islamic State is just about ready to collapse.

Why..?

Because the Russians are doing what it takes, which is something the west just pussyfoots around with so as not look bad for killing poor civilians.

IS are using human shields in places and Russia is targeting IS and showing them that 10, 50, 100, 1000 0r even 100,000 human shields won't stop them from dropping bombs.

This is how it should be done and to hell with the political correctness brigade.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Klassified

Or they'll enact more sanctions and completely push Russia's economy over the edge. I think Putin will have a problem staying in power if his citizens are unable to buy food.
On what grounds can they be sanctioned further? They're doing everything by the book.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join