It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: A white-male-planned parenthood doctor and a gun....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If a white-male- planned parenthood doctor walks into an inner city planned parenthood waiting room and told every women to get on the floor and told each women to stand up and say why she was there. If they said abortion, he took out his gun and shot them in the stomach, ended the pregnancy, but after shooting them, he stitched up the moms, and every mom lived. If he did that 5 different times, to 5 different black ladies. How do you think this would be counted(by the government) and reported in the media?

1) would it be a mass killing?
2) would it be a hate crime. Since it was a white doctor and the inner city planned parenthood had all black women waiting for the abortion or because the doctor was male and all the victims were female
3) Would it be counted as 5 counts of malpractice? Since the women had the same end results that they wanted. Sure it was a little more painful for them, but it was less painful for the fetus.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

It would be counted as attempted murder. Also, throw in a charge of assault with a deadly weapon as well.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, we now have a thread that incorporates race, abortion, sexism and firearms in to one nice little package.

I don't see the purpose in playing hypothetical games when the initial premise is ridiculous.

All due respect.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Troll thread levels around here have been sublime lately.

Must be a slow month.

Here, have 9000 Jew Golds.

All 3 questions would be answered with an emphatic Yes.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

It's up to you, which one you want to be. A hypothetical is a great way to discuss ideas.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You hypothetical is an ideological event involving people...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Would you like something easier. Like what flavor ice cream goes with a stuffed porch chops and a bake potato?

If you are going to have a good hypothetical, it should be fun....

I don't know every states law, so that's why I didn't say a state. I know this just happened in Colorado. So the is for the killing spree.

It's kind of like what happens if a baby survives a late term abortion, do they just throw it in a box and let it die? Some argue if that was the mother's wish, then yes. If the abortion procedure happens but not in the best way, does that count as an abortion or not? Kind of like doing surgery in the field....

www.denverpost.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

It's up to you, which one you want to be. A hypothetical is a great way to discuss ideas.

There is being hypothetical and then there is race baiting. This looks like the latter and not the former.

For instance, what dilemma will this "thought exercise" actually solve or shed light on? That some people would agree with shooting a woman in the stomach to perform an abortion?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The irony I see is the same people that recoil in horror when they see a pregnant woman smoke or drink are the same ones that argue that the baby isn't human and use that to justify abortion.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You lost me thinline, so I'll have to say I don't know.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was trying for the ice cream joke in City Slickers....

Honestly, have you not noticed a pattern of

If someone in the suburbs kills white people, its the fault of the gun
if a white person kills anyone not black, its racist
if a black person kills a black person....it's crickets

throw in

If someone is going for an abortion and they get the abortion but not in the way they thought it would be, does it still count as an abortion?

What fun is it asking those questions like that. It's more fun to do a hypothetical that combines everything...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"For instance, what dilemma will this "thought exercise" actually solve or shed light on? "

If I tell you that, doesn't that ruin the fun?

race baiting? seriously, that's how you read that post??

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Here is why the thread is race baiting. You are suggesting that the results of this action are open to interpretation of the person reading your situation. Though it is clear as day what an incident like this would be labeled as. I answered it in the first post of the thread. You are taking a cut and dry attempted murder case and trying to sprinkle in some superfluous details in order to confuse people into thinking there is more going on here than there really is. All because you mentioned race.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

Very well, I will play your game.

First, by it's very definition it would be considered a mass shooting. It would not be a hate crime, as ridiculous as that term is, unless it could be found that race was a motivating factor. It would not be a sexist act unless it could be found that sex was a motivating factor.

The government would slap him with all applicable charges deemed appropriate, including 5 counts of murder, and the politicians will spin it whichever way benefits them.

The media will play the race/sex and abortion issues to their benefit as well.

Even though these women wanted to abort the babies, one simply cannot violate their autonomy by deciding to abort the fetus in a way they choose.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
OP...

At the risk of sounding confrontational...

This is the dumbest thing I've read on the internet today.

You should feel bad.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No no, it would be attempted murder. The OP DOES say that the doctor is somehow able to stitch up these gun shot wounds and save the lives of all the expectant mothers (though I wonder how many abortion doctors in the country also double as ER surgeons).

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Absurdist arguments have their place, this isn't one of them.

Everything you mentioned is a crime and would be treated as such.

A doctor would use the medical equipment, not a gun.
I imagine the doctor would be able to use the insanity defense.
It would be treated as deadly assault because that's what it is. How would it be less painful for the fetus since most abortions are performed before the fetus has a nervous system, abortions after that time are usually because of health reasons for the fetus or the mother.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wouldn't he be charged for murder of the unborn babies? I'm sure he would and I hesitate to mention that because I feel that is what the OP was hoping for someone to say. I believe the OP is looking to be setup to make a more specific point on abortion.

I could be wrong, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not that my 2 cents matter, but this post is in extremely poor taste and should be removed

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hmmm... I forgot about that angle. Yeah, because the assault was done with a firearm and isn't an abortion procedure, he would likely also be charged with some sort of murder charge too.

Hell, looking at the entire situation, you'd have to have a degree in law to figure out all the laws he broke and charges to give him... I'm sure using a handgun in place of approved medical tools is likely a charge in itself as well.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join