It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Housemate from hell, help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

first of all, this sounds like someone with OCD. I fail to see why many of you think that this person is a drug addict--like, does this woman look like a drug addict? have you ever smelled anything weird or are her friends drug addict-looking types?

At most, I could see this person being on Adderall--I've heard that people often want to smoke a lot and clean while on it. If you're in school--that would also make sense. Maybe she doesn't have a script and she's getting it illegally.

I think you should just straight-up ask her if she's on Adderall or anything else--haven't you already asked her? What did she say?

Regardless, it is none of your business--and I think it's more likely that she is OCD unless you have evidence that proves otherwise.

It doesn't sounds like she's endangering you through her actions, though.

The only thing I have a problem with that she's doing is touching things that don't belong to her. You should never lay your hands on another person--or on something that does not belong to you. You break it--you bought it. I suggest locking doors your rooms, then, if you don't want her touching your things.

Maybe you should take a picture of the place you live in, though. Is it messy? It just might be. She's doing you a favor by cleaning, though--regardless of if you like it or not. Maybe you should start looking at it that way and do her a favor and try to be as neat as possible to make her job easier. OCD isn't the same thing as being a nutcase. It doesn't sound like she's doing this to be a bother. Unfortunately, I don't think you can ask her to leave if she's making her payments on time. You can, however, ask her to keep it down at night--but consider: what if your mess makes her feel the same way her loudness makes you feel?

I think you should be kind and try to have some empathy. Because this woman probably just has severe OCD and some anxiety.

Oh, and remember that it could be worse. If she is paying, she has the same right as you have to be there. Being mean to her isn't going to do anything besides hurt her. Maybe be a leader, yourself, and decide to change the way you do things in order to make everyone happy. Otherwise, you're just complaining because she's bossy and cleans a lot.
edit on 5-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can't help wondering if she's any relation to the person in this thread;
Crazy housemate

P.S. Sorry, somebody else got there first.
We on ATS have long memories.

edit on 5-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

sounds like you live with a meth addict.

Joking/not joking.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like someone with obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

Not to be confused with obsessive compulsive disorder, because they don't see that their behaviour is a problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Granted, I do have insomnia, and I have been known to vaccuum at 2am, but not when there are other people around who would be disturbed by it. I am as anti-drug as you can get BTW. Living in an apartment like I do now, I would never vaccuum at that time. In a house when I lived alone, sure.

Can someone please explain the mindset of someone who thinks you need to vacuum every single day to me? I understand that you should vacuum ever few days to preserve the life of the carpet, but unless it visibly looks like it needs to be vacuumed, or something was spilled, I don't see the point in vacuuming more often than that.

Meth is a possibility here. OCD is very likely. There is clean, and then there is too clean that it is unhealthy. You roomate would hate my house. I don't do the domestic goddess crap. Sure, I'll get the urge every once in a while to do a deep clean, but the rest of the time, if it looks presentable, I am happy.

Any roommate that expected me to do more than that, would be left unsatisfied. Here is my dirty little secret, I shove things in drawers and things like towels and socks might get left sitting in the laundry basket for more than a couple days.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

im a dude...i don't vacuum. I wear houseshoes, and high step if need be.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Sounds like you need to keep your stuff from cluttering the common areas of your house. Getting mad at a roommate for cleaning? Consider yourself lucky. You could have bunked up with a slob or worse. If you don't want your stuff moved or touched then put it in your room.
If it was meth, then things would be coming up missing. If it's addy she's on then that would explain the mood swings.
Landlord ok with smoking in the house? If not then that might be a way to expel her. If a person cannot respect other people to not smoke indoors then can her.
She constantly has strangers staying over, who i have no clue who they are, and stays up till late being loud making it hard for me to sleep. She in her mind has taken over the house as if it is hers. That is her right to have guests over unless they are taking over your room. When it happens again, scold her in front of her guests.
It's not the landlords place to play referee to your dysfunctional household.
I shouldnt feel stressed out and uncomfortable in the place i live in though. No but peace and quiet is only guaranteed if you have your own place.
What should i do? Move to your own place. Whatever it takes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join