It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP pacific trade agreement reached

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Breaking news that the TPP pacific trade deal has been reached.

TPP pacific trade agreement reached

Breaking news that the TPP pacific trade deal has been reached. This is only breaking so I will update when it becomes available.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
another nail in the coffin of freedom.

Umbrella Corporation(s) here we come.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

Useful distractions with Syria. While the world is looking the other way our freedoms are now gone....and will not be won back without force.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Can someone please explain why this spells the end of our freedom(s)?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

You said it!
Also, hello foreign guest workers at all new levels displacing those already employed. Hello lower wages for all.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

TPP is just corporations agreeing how to cut up more pie for themselves here and abroad. They ever make agreements amongst themselves that limit jobs, wages and benefits for Americans by moving over seas and exploiting other countries resources and cheap labor force.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
More information on ttip.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Now we have 2 other agreements to worry about:

TransAtlantic Trade in Partnership AgreementTTIP
en.wikipedia.org...

Trade in Services Agreement
en.wikipedia.org... TISA

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The beginning of the end....

Here is to hoping enough are preparing.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welp... I suppose it's too much to hope for that Congress won't sign off on it. Let's hope all the fear has been for naught.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yup, one can only hope.

Just the same, I certainly don't expect it.

The GOP heavily favors this trade pact and I'm sure there are enough Democrats, who are indebted to their corporate donors, to push it over the top.

Unfortunately, this kind of crap won't stop until we get corporate influence/money out of politics. There is no one they won't sellout for a profit.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale
Can someone please explain why this spells the end of our freedom(s)?

Where to start?

First and foremost, it is a hidden agreement from the voting public. Who the member Corporations are, what the agreement entails, with no over-site and no recourse by the people.

If you don't have a problem with that, then don't bother reading the rest of the points. It will be a waste of your time....

The agreement smacks of cutting the pie amongst both gov'ts and Corporations-proof gov't is, in fact, a corporation in and of itself- without benefit to the people. Otherwise, if there was a benefit to us then the politicians would be promoting that fact to us with specifics rather than the "take the medicine, it's good for you" hubris we suffer now.

For me, it also smacks of a redefined form of feudalism which really never fully went away. Rather than the Monarchy and Church, in the day, it has evolved to Corporations and Gov'ts.

I could go on, but the real hope lies in the fact that this new accord is fragile. It is so due to the fact that this infrastructure is weak. It depends on we, the people, and the slightest tweak to it sends shock waves around the world.

In other words, we can mess it up in a hurry. Hence, the stealth mode it is being passed.....

P.S. 'End of our freedoms' is incremental, not an absolute. The increments just got larger...
edit on 5-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: PS

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I think that battle just got very noticeably more uphill.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's not a Republican or a Democrat thing... Corruption is rife in Congress in both parties.

Both parties have pushed for this... Both parties are responsible...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think that battle just got very noticeably more uphill.

I hope you're right, but I'm not betting on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

It's not a Republican or a Democrat thing... Corruption is rife in Congress in both parties.

Both parties have pushed for this... Both parties are responsible...

Yes it is and yes they have, but that doesn't change the fact that the only opposition to it and the only hope of defeating it is coming from Democratic side of the isle.

While neither side has a monopoly on corporate puppets, one party definitely has the advantage and it's not the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah, cause NAFTA didn't screw us all or anything.

This is not good news. Especially not for Canada.

Oh well. Stephen Harper's last nail in our coffin before he gets removed from power I guess.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

All countries involved in the TTP prepare to say goodbye to your freedoms and rights.

This could very well be the beginning of the end, sad corrupt times we live in.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
HEllo Blade runner and Neo tokyo!! And we all know how those places turned out....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Bend over and better get something to bite on.
This one is going to hurt.
This is treason and selling out to a 1 World Government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join