It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they targeting the police?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm speaking about the handful of radicalised maniacs in Australia who have been targeting police with their attacks, we had the guy last year who attacked two cops with a knife, the foiled plot on Anzac Day, and the latest shooting.

Australia is a largely unarmed population, yet they target armed people?

Is it simply these guys looking for martyrdom?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hard to achieve martyrdom when one attacks people who don't have the means to fight back.

Side note: the Sydney siege was done by a fella with both a problem with the legal system and some extremism tossed in. Don't think any law enforcement was targeted there until they made entry into the cafe.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah I didn't include that one, because I think it's not entirely related.

It's just the three young men who have obviously been influenced by other people or person.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Is it simply these guys looking for martyrdom?

I think that's exactly what it's about. If you look at the video of the Parra shooting he walks up and down outside the station with the gun held high in the air trying to get as much attention as possible before the shooting begins. He wanted to be seen, wanted to be on TV and wanted his name plastered all over the world.

It's all about impressing ISIS and gaining a name for themselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Here's the 3 I was talking about, should have added to my OP..

Anzac Day plot:
www.businessinsider.com.au... 2015-10

2015 Parramatta shooting:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

2014 stabbing:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Yep it could be that simple, just thought I'd put it out to the brains trust..

We need to find who's pulling the strings, fast.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

We need to find who's pulling the strings, fast.

I think that these kids are being influenced in their circle of friends to "check out ISIS", who then get online and read about or watch ISIS propaganda videos, feel inspired and form a plan to get attention for themselves with the hope of Martyrdom at the end. I don't think any of them actually do much planning or think much beyond the basic plan of "shoot someone important and have my name plastered everywhere".

Finding and destroying the ISIS members who create the propaganda seems to be the only way to stop this in my view.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I sincerely hope they find the scumbags that are taking advantage of the weak-minded and impressionable to further their "cause".

The muslim community really do need to step up their game and start working more openly with police to find/identify these nutjobs. I find it hard to believe these extremists can operate within the community without saying things that cause their family/friends/immams/mullahs to raise an eyebrow. Someone knows something, and their silence is causing innocent lives to be lost, both as victims of extremist behaviour, and as brainwashed "martyrs" that kill themselves for a stupid cause.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I think it's more than that, this latest one, his sister left the country just before the shooting, took all her belongings with her as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Come on, use your inteligence. When you have an attacker that actually believes (that's truely believes) that there will be loads of virgins (I can't remember how many) will be waiting for him in heaven AFTER the event then by deduction he is not working with a full deck of cards.
Why is it with these religions that you only get the rewards after you die?

top topics

join