It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions don't kill people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Perfectly said! Now I don't have to type it out.

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Let's make the division deeper and wider with our snarky little comments and say it's the other guy who is engaging in
hate speech.

Oh, wow... Honey, you have NO ROOM to berate people for "snarky little comments" and blaming the "other guy" as your posts are CHOCK FULL of both of those.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
religion is the problem because its divisive, gives both good and bad people an excuse, a crutch, an unjust cause and because its an exploitative means of control!! So YES it does kill and history shows that!!
religion and its use is a threat to the survival of this FU planet
edit on 5-10-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say… Ah, come here. When I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I’m telling the truth. It’s the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know… You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!"

the joker makes some fair points.

especially the part about chaos being fair. chaos doesnt play favorites. chaos doesnt pretend to be trustworthy, doesnt pretend to be your friend. its predictable. and predictable is a good thing to be, especially when theres teeth involved.
edit on 5-10-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Busted in one word

CRUSADES

Booyeah.... Ah thankayou ah thankayou

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Religions don't kill, only people, animals etc.
ministrywrite

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Let's make the division deeper and wider with
our snarky little comments and say it's
the other guy who is engaging in
hate speech.

Exactly what you're doing right now...

And now for your entertainment:
the snarks begin
Religious people are the cause of
all the ills in the world, I get it.

What a snarky little strawman.

Let the fun begin while you widen
and deepen the chasm between
people and foster distrust
foster hated.

Surely this isn't text being used in defense of religion...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Religions Don't Kill People

Well, they do, but technically they can't do it on their own since they are not physical.

When you have a perpetual ideology that causes people to be literally killed for no good reason (worshiping the wrong god, being gay, being a specific race, dressing a certain way), then that religion has much of the guilt of the killing; it is not wholly the person's fault as they likely would not be able to fully convince themselves that it is appropriate without the extra motivation of that action being widely accepted by a set group of peers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join