It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant Firefox Updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Whats up with Firefox, almost every day for the past several weeks I get new update messages. Why are updates seemingly so frequent?

it is possbile that firefox has been got at.

My firefox ok 1 minute next minute its as slow as???

Any ideas, info would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10? Should imagine there's going to be lots of compatibility updates to go along with it.

I'm a long time Chrome user and I've had a fair few updates since moving up to 10

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm using Firefox, on v. 41.0.1 right now. That was was released at the end of September, 29th or 30th I think. 41.0 was back around the 21st. Updates for Firefox are weekly, not daily. I don't know what's wrong with your version, but it could be that you're running a badly outdated version & it's playing catch up. If not, uninstall it & install the current version.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
Best guess? You're infected. Try going into add-ons(extensions), and disabling whatever is there. If there's anything there, and you didn't put it there yourself, it's likely junkware/malware. Try running Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, and ADWCleaner on your system.
Malwarebytes
Ccleaner
ADWCleaner
Download the free versions, and uncheck the trial version box on install. That will get you started.

There is also the chance, you simply need to do as Nyiah said. Save your bookmarks, and reinstall with the latest version. Firefox does not update daily.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10?

No way in the xyz ing world will I have win 10.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Azureblue

Try running Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, and ADWCleaner on your system.

There is also the chance, you simply need to do as Nyiah said. Save your bookmarks, and reinstall with the latest version. Firefox does not update daily.

I run them and a few others anyway but they always find nothing.

Update mesages pop up the very next day after I update.

Not sure how to save my bookmarks

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm using Firefox, on v. 41.0.1 right now. That was was released at the end of September, 29th or 30th I think. 41.0 was back around the 21st. Updates for Firefox are weekly, not daily. I don't know what's wrong with your version, but it could be that you're running a badly outdated version & it's playing catch up. If not, uninstall it & install the current version.

No; I updated only a few days before the post and I get updates popping up daily. Never had the constant update mesages before when I only got update messages evey month or so. I would often delay updating by a few days but I didint get the popups.

new topics

top topics

join