It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini Flyby of Saturn's Mysterious "Hexagon" Pics.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
How the hexagonal shape on Saturns north pole is formed

news.discovery.com...

The Oxford researchers made a model of Saturn's North Pole. A slowly-spinning cylinder of water represented Saturn's atmosphere, and a small, rapidly-spinning ring represented a jet stream. They added some fluorescent green dye, and got a pretty well-defined hexagon.

By playing with the speed of the ring, the researchers could make nearly any shape that they wanted. The greater the difference in speed between the water and the ring, the fewer sides the polygon had. The shape seems to be bound by eddies that slowly orbit and confine the inner ring into the polygon.

This is why i adore science. Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Kapusta

How do we know any of this is real?

Could be all lies.

I am dubious at best

Good for you. Any reason why NASA would go to all the trouble to lie about this? Since geometric shapes have been recreated hr on earth in fluids...why is this so hard to believe?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: silverking

I agree, these are amazing. I only hope I live long enough to see a picture of a planet outside of this solar system in this detail!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What if the reason the clouds are hexagon shaped, is because there's something solid and hexagonal below the surface?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I knew about the hexagon, but I'd forgotten that it was at the pole for some reason. It is quite an amazing feature.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
If you were to flatten Saturn into a 2d picture and starting with the pole going out all the way to the tip of the last ring, and if you were to square the circle would you have a Fibonacci and Pi correlation?

If the storm bands within the hexagon represents each layer of Fi.

Not going by current knowledge. Currently there is no known way to map a sphere to a flat projection and each map has some distortions. If you're interested here's a website that talks about the distortions (singularities) in each www.progonos.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes. Didn't get a chance to post that earlier, but the hexagon-shaped clouds are no longer a mystery. Scientists have successfully recreated the phenomena in a lab.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's probably from a slight wobble. Wobbling in a certain position can produce this effect.
edit on 6-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
I didn't realize people at ATS didn't know about this. This has been known in the esoteric scene for quite some time now.

Saturn, the number 6, and the color black are associated. Along with college graduates, the churches, and the courts.

I don't feel like going into it really, but you ever notice how college graduates and judges wear black gowns? Ever notices how churches and courts are set up so similar?

Go talk to Alan Watts for a little more..

You don't feel like going into it? How convenient. We're on a discussion forum, and you don't feel like discussing. Huh?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hexagons are common in nature (bees' honeycomb, the Giant's Causeway, etc.) as they present the most efficient way to fill an area with something. When you have a circle expanding into an area that offers resistance, or have the surrounding area pushing in on the circle, you get a hexagon.

In Saturn's case, I think it's the rapid winds over much of its area pushing in on the slower polar regions.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Gorgeous pics of Saturns "Hexagon". Notice it is a cube, slightly turned, if looked at in 3D.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
I didn't realize people at ATS didn't know about this. This has been known in the esoteric scene for quite some time now.

Saturn, the number 6, and the color black are associated. Along with college graduates, the churches, and the courts.

I don't feel like going into it really, but you ever notice how college graduates and judges wear black gowns? Ever notices how churches and courts are set up so similar?

Go talk to Alan Watts for a little more..

I had never heard of him until i read your post,and i think i would have liked the guy.....

“Since opposed principles, or ideologies, are irreconcilable, wars fought over principle will be wars of mutual annihilation. But wars fought for simple greed will be far less destructive, because the aggressor will be careful not to destroy what he is fighting to capture. Reasonable - that is, human - men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to abstractions makes them the enemies of life.”
― Alan W. Watts, The Way of Zen

Thx for sharing

www.goodreads.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join