It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saudis 58 Marriages Angers Some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A 64 year old Saudi businessman claims to have married 58 women in the last 50 years. So many wives that he at a loss to name them all. He is aware that he has had 10 sons, but is unsure of the number of daughters he has sired. All told the weddings and divorce settlements alone have cost him in excess of 1.6 million dollars.

www.foxnews.com
USFAN, Saudi Arabia � In 50 years, he says, he has married 58 women and has forgotten the names of most of them. He knows he has had 10 sons, but ask about daughters and he counts on his fingers: 22. No, no, 28. No, that's too many. He settles on 25.

Saleh al-Sayeri, a 64-year-old shepherd-turned-businessman, says his marital adventures have cost him more than $1.6 million in wedding expenses and settlements for divorced wives. But the man who remembers being forced into his first marriage at age 14 says he'd do it a million times over.

"Marriage doesn't bore me," he said, relaxing on cushions at a carpeted, open-air reception area in his 22-horse stable in Usfan, in the desert 500 miles west of Riyadh. "I'm the happiest man in the world."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I thought that Larry King or Elizabeth Taylor were bad. The question is why do people keep marrying him? Clearly a lot of it has to do with the parents of the women that marry him but this guy has some real issues. I mean he has to keep, according to the article, wives in different towns all over Saudi to keep the peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Somebody should tell that man to move to Utah, you'd never know the difference by the climate. It might even mitigate his appettite some, when he gets a load of american female attitude.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This would never happen in the US. He would lose half his fortune each time he married.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This would never happen in the US. He would lose half his fortune each time he married.

So true..lol laywers, tax system and women will dry hiimout.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That and some protesters of some sort would get on him, then maybe the ACLU would be on his case. Plus being from the Middle East he would be labeled as a terrorist.

Oh well if he wants to keep getting married fine by me, it's not my culture.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What is wrong with you people?

Hasnt a man with 58 wives suffered enough?

top topics

join