It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys with Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: anticitizen

what's more likely to stop a psycho on a killing spree?

1. nice words and hugs

2. a toothbrush

3. another guy with a gun

Your forgot number 4 .

4. No access to a gun .

So me not having access to a gun is going to stop someone else from killing? How?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

"The 2011 Hectorville siege was a mass shooting that took place between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Friday, 29 April 2011, at the small suburb of Hectorville, east of Adelaide in the state of South Australia, Australia."

Hectorville Mass Shooting

Not that it happens a lot but it happens. They also have people who burn churches and nursing homes with people in them, mass stabbings, and family homicides. Don't act like removing guns cured crazy..........I see others have pointed it out as well....admins remove if you like.
edit on -05:00amMon, 05 Oct 2015 01:49:47 -0500am1020154905AM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

You dont have to tell me about the Hectorville shootings , i got my info from the ABC and channel 7 vans parked in front of my house .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So me not having access to a gun is going to stop someone else from killing? How?

It will stop YOU from killing someone with a gun . Thats a start .
edit on 5-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

1. nice words and hugs

2. a toothbrush

Your forgot number 4 .

4. No access to a gun .

Good luck with that. There is no such thing.

The ratio of good guys with guns to bad guy with guns needs to change. But we are taught to fear them. If we had more good guys with guns, we could have a situation where the bad guys know that, when they approach a crowd of people, at least one in 10 is armed. The criminals and glory seekers Love a soft target!

Its TOO late. Guns are out there. They can be MADE at home. The Only thing that will work is to Not leave the citizenry Defenseless. We can greatly minimize the number of deaths in these types of incidents and discourage others from trying. People just need to be educated and responsible when it comes to guns. They need to learn to be responsible for their own safety and those around them, instead of relying on the police Every time, so they can show up after 20+ people are dead...

. A police officer is just a person. Just another person like me or you who has been educated and trained to be responsible when it comes to guns. There is no reason why 10, 20 percent or more of us civilians cannot receive similar education and training and take our safety and that of our family, friends, loved ones and neighbors inyo our own hands.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

In America, perhaps.

In other countries, it is normal.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Lots of guns per 100 people but nothing changes .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It will stop YOU from killing someone with a gun . Thats a start .

It just means people who follow the law and have no intention of hurting anyone will not have access to protection from the criminals who don't give a damn about the law. You outlaw guns, and all it means is only outlaws will have guns. Leaving the honest man with a family totally defenseless.
edit on 10/5/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Most people in the US still dont have guns. The stats are that way because the people who do have guns, have 5 or more usually. Some with 50 to 100 or more. Do those stats include civilians who own a gun shop? If 88 people (adults) out of 100 owned a gun, would criminals be so confident? I think not.

The healthcare system here is disgusting. Too many people have no access to it, and too many factors lead to people snapping. This was not done by accident. Someone is stoking the flames to create a situation where it appears that gun laws are a good idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Ooops to quick to post .

In 2012, Australia saw 40 murders by firearm, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. This was a five-year high. Australia's gun homicide rate for the year was .20 per 100,000 residents, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, or UNODC.

Australias population is 23 million . Same as Texas . 40 MURDERS . Do the math .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Liberals scream no good guy with a gun ever stopped a bad guy with a gun...

Get proven wrong...

Wait wait look over there... They didn't stop those...

smh..

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

In America, perhaps.

In other countries, it is normal.

What's normal? Not having access to the time, knowledge, tools and materials to make a gun?

I dunno...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

According to the National Crime and Victimization Survey (a left leaning institution at that) there are over 200k defensive gun use every year in the US. So how many times a person with a gun saved themselves or someone? In the US ... Everyday apparently.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

1. nice words and hugs

2. a toothbrush

Your forgot number 4 .

4. No access to a gun .

oh please...
do you really think someone who feels this need to kill people will be like "damn, i wanted to kill someone but since i don't have acvess to guns i choose to be a nice guy instead!" ?

let's look at china. unarmed people. here they still kill each other. just not with guns but with cars and knives.

now you will say "ban cars and knives"
fine...

then people kill each other with stones.

good luck with banning stones!
i suggest you start collecting and locking them away soon because it may take a while.

long story short: guns are not the problem. it's people who use them against others.
if you ban guns the result is: noone has guns except the bad guys as they most definately won't give back theirs.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Try going into any place and killing a dozen people with stones .

let's look at china. unarmed people. here they still kill each other. just not with guns but with cars and knives.

Your murder rate is 4.7 times that of China . No link as i am sick of repeating the bleeding obvious .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Shooting In Gun-Free Australia Leaves ‘At Least Two Dead’

I'm unsure why someone has not pointed out this shooting yet. Maybe I mess them linking it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Yep 2 dead , one victim and one terrorist . Your point .

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Try going into any place and killing a dozen people with stones .

Your murder rate is 4.7 times that of China . No link as i am sick of repeating the bleeding obvious .

who are you to judge which murder rate is ok?
i'm all for a non violent population without a single murder.
but banning guns is the wrong way when it's the mind that needs to be changed.

meanwhile allow me to defend me and my family from killer gangs with a gun instead of a pepper spray. thank you!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It isn't a Liberal vs Conservative thing.

It's a 'people who want to live in a society with fewer mass shootings' vs 'People who don't want anything to change' thing.

I live in the UK. We have strict gun control. Gun crime and shootings are incredibly rare. Nobody is afraid. Kids go to school and don't have to have mad-gunman practices. We're all pretty happy not living amongst that much fear and anxiety.

It's a pretty nice way to live. Seems way better than living in the constant fear that you guys have over there.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: darkbake

I think they twist facts to suit their purpose. Because the attack was stopped, it's no longer considered a mass shooting by them.

This makes too much sense. The liberal logic is twisted here.
edit on 05amMon, 05 Oct 2015 06:57:04 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join