It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Charred Remains of FBI agents daughter found in drum, Charges Filed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The charred remains of a retired FBI agents daughter has been found in a drum following her disappearance over a month ago. The 15 year old girl disappeared near nail salon in the city of Yeadon, Pennsylvania. Police were tipped off by a man they have since questioned. Detectives working on the case have listed it as a homicide and state they do not feel this is related to her fathers previous line of work. Two men have been charged in the girl's death.

www.cnn.com
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Police have found the charred remains of a retired FBI agent's daughter who disappeared nearly a month ago, authorities said Saturday.

The remains were identified as those of Deanna Wright McIntosh, 15, who was last seen with a friend at a nail salon near her home in suburban Yeadon on December 3, prosecutors said. The girl's death has been ruled a homicide.

Police said they have questioned a man who tipped off investigators about the remains, which were found Thursday in a rusted steel drum in West Philadelphia. Prosecutors declined to say Saturday whether the man is a suspect.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

YEADON, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man was charged Wednesday with raping and killing an aspiring teenage model, then cutting up her body, putting it in a steel drum and burning it with help from an acquaintance.

Delaware County District Attorney G. Michael Green said he will consider seeking the death penalty for Lamar Haymes, 29.

Haymes was charged with kidnapping, rape, first-degree murder, abuse of a corpse and other counts in the death of 15-year-old Deanna Wright McIntosh, who left home early last month after an argument with her mother.

Authorities allege Haymes raped and killed Wright McIntosh at a house in Lansdowne just blocks from her family's Yeadon home.

Anwaar Malik Gettys, 23, who also lived at the house, is accused of helping to dispose of the body and charged with abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence, conspiracy and other counts
Charges

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have a two year old and its scary to think that one day he could just up and disappear. I cannot believe that someone would just randomly kill her, burn her and then seal her in a drum to be found. There has to be more to this story. If it was a random crime, why all of that? They may not be releasing the entire story while they hunt for the killers.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Banshee]

SMR

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is sick

Im getting so sick of hearing about this crap all the time.Our children are not safe to go out anymore.
Has there been any word as to why?Was she a target because he was FBI or does this just seem random and it happened to be the daughter of an FBI agent?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This is where im confused. If it was a random crime as I pointed out, why go to the trouble of burning the body and sealing it in a drum. If truly randon, then just dump the body somewhere and bail out. This smacks of premeditation and dad's with the FBI??? Somebody may have sent a message. No doubt they are going to get alot of help from the Feds on this one.

SMR

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Good point.Willing to bet he and his family have been threatened before.Though if that is the case,why would he have let her out?I know you cant keep your kids locked up,but in this case,if I had a bunker,they would be in it!

Perhaps the barrel was to be shipped off with other trash or something,thinking the best way to dispose and never bee seen again

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Perhaps the barrel was to be shipped off with other trash or something,thinking the best way to dispose and never bee seen again

I can buy that but why the burning? If you did not want her identified I guess (but it did not seem to work), but burning a body is not exactly an easy to conceal event.

SMR

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Right,very confusing.But you must think like the killer.Perhaps the steps were out of confusion,rage,and adrenelin.
Kidnap,murder - burn,barrel,dispose of entire contents.
Motive is the one thing that in most cases never gets answered

SMR

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Found some more info......

The girl's father, Jim McIntosh, retired from the Philadelphia bureau of the FBI about two years ago. Detectives said they do not believe the slaying was related to her father's work.

The remains were found Thursday in a 55-gallon drum at 63d and Arch Streets near Cobbs Creek. Police say Wright-McIntosh, an aspiring dancer and model and the daughter of a retired FBI agent, was abducted from Yeadon and killed elsewhere before her burned remains were left in West Philadelphia.

Part of the crime may have occurred in Lansdowne, Police Chief Daniel J. Kortan Jr. said last week. Investigators searched a Lansdowne home Thursday night.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've been trying to find out what McIntosh was working on, just got started actually. He just retired two years ago, and the FBI has been internally divided for some time, he may have been purged, or just sick of the climate. Maybe he did his time and punched his ticket and got out, who knows, it's all speculation until somebody gets on the phone and asks him.

I just did a quick search on him and came up with little on the first go round. There's not a lot out there yet about this, other reporters haven't really started digging. Who knows if they'll ever start. This should prove to be an excellent test of our mainstream media. I think the FBI has been the whipping post for several administrations in a row, mainly because they routinely thumb their noses at their bosses, and sometimes even go so far as to arrest them and inquire as to what little schemes are going on. Many FBI agents are former military, they remain 'government assets' no matter where there life after the military takes them. This story could have a hundred angles, I wonder who'll pursue them?

1988 Aug, An FBI sting operation ended in the state capital. Agents posed as Southern businessmen seeking a bill for bond financing of a phony shrimp processing plant. Over the next 6 years 3 former legislative aides were convicted on charges stemming from the sting. State Senators Paul Carpenter, Joseph Montoya, Alan Robbins and Frank Hill went to prison as did GOP Assemblyman Pat Nolan. Two lobbyists were also convicted.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Chances are this has nothing to do with her fathers FBI past.

She was 15, an aspiring model and dancer. I'd reckon the motive was sexual. Her body was probably burnt in an attempt to destroy the killers DNA evidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Just because the motive was sexual as you put it doesn't mean there is no conspiracy. The two are not mutually exclusive, especially considering the 'tastes' some of our elected officials have picked up. Power is drug to which politicians, soldiers, law enforcement, lawyers, and doctors often become addicted. They're junkies, and need treatment. It's been proven that adrenaline and dopamine are more addictive than Heroin or Nicotine or any other ingested drugs. The more power you have, the more you need to maintain your high. It could very well have been random, or it could have been payback. Probably we'll never know.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
not certain what you're getting at Wyrdone.

If she was put into the drum to hide her, then the burning could have been to eradicate the smell of decomposition, by which the body could be found.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Until we put fear into these lowlife criminals they will continue to commit crimes. We need to take our criminal prosecution system back to the old days and do what is needed to start making examples of murderers. Hang em, stone em, burn em, etc. But instead we give them a free gym membership, a great education, more food than most free people have, etc. Time to be mid-evil (sp) and take our societies back.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think the person who did this is lower than a low life. I also think there was another motive, than just a random killing.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I imagine burning the body was to remove HIS DNA, not to try to disguise the body. It was probably stuffed and sealed in the drum for any of a hundred different reasons. A horrible crime all the more horrible because its really not that unusual, if it hadn't been an FBI agents daughter it probably wouldn't have been much said about it at all

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I tell you what, our country is not safe for our young anytime of the day or night, if some people think that US is a safe place, you are wrong, all you have to do is to take a look at the missing, exploited and abuse, childrens reports on our own soil and you will discover that we have more terror done to our young in our own land that a terror to our citizens coming from outside forces.

Sad very sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lister
Chances are this has nothing to do with her fathers FBI past.

She was 15, an aspiring model and dancer. I'd reckon the motive was sexual. Her body was probably burnt in an attempt to destroy the killers DNA evidence.

This was and is a message. It is classic Mob.

LL1

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lister
Chances are this has nothing to do with her fathers FBI past. She was 15, an aspiring model and dancer. I'd reckon the motive was sexual. Her body was probably burnt in an attempt to destroy the killers DNA evidence.

Have to agree with you on this one, apparently the killer may have
known the victim and her father's past relationship to the FBI, and attempted to remove/hide/destroy evidence knowing the investigation would disclose DNA.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
DNA destruction seems very plausible, but on the other hand it looks like not much effort was made to conceal or burry the drum, allmost as if she was meant to be found, that would suggest a connection with the work of her father...

Cape Fear?

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, and word around town, it has nothing to do with Her Fathers past. Maybe Caz can shed more light on this. I don't know if there have been any other 'Like' kidnappings and murders in the area. To me it seems like it was some type of revenge, I doubt it's random, but hey thats my opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what if the sick depraved b#$% found out the daughter's father was ex FBI after the abduction? He'd want to get rid of the evicende badly then, wouldnt he?

Another misery, Another day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join