It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UltimateVeritatis

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: ChesterJohnThe Greatest unanswered Question of all time, What is Truth?

It has been answered a multitude of times, actually.

Everything exists!
Existence is ALL inclusive!
Thus everything is Real!
Reality is ALL inclusive!
Thus everything/all Reality, is Truth!
Truth is ALL inclusive!

"Every kind of partial and transitory disequilibrium must perforce contribute towards the great equilibrium of the whole.." - Rene' Guenon

Very simple!
The only 'argument' exists as 'appearances' in the (vain, judgmental) dualistic limitations and schizophrenia of 'thoughts/imagination/ego'!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
One!
'One Omni- Self!'!'
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Wrong, not by 'Faith' but by ignorant 'beliefs'.
There is a 180 degree difference between the two; one is conditional, of vanity, the ego, the other is unconditional, of Love!

Quoting phrases and bumperstickers from your favorite fiction book means very little in this discussion, especially as you indicate no 'experience/Knowledge of anything here but what your book has to say.
Thank you for the time. *__-

edit on 4-5-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

The Hebrew term ʼemethʹ, often rendered “truth,” may designate that which is firm, trustworthy, stable, faithful, true, or established as fact. (Ex 18:21; 34:6; De 13:14; 17:4; 22:20; Jos 2:12; 2Ch 18:15; 31:20; Ne 7:2; 9:33; Es 9:30; Ps 15:2; Ec 12:10; Jer 9:5) The Greek word a·leʹthei·a stands in contrast with falsehood or unrighteousness and denotes that which conforms to fact or to what is right and proper. (Mr 5:33; 12:32; Lu 4:25; Joh 3:21; Ro 2:8; 1Co 13:6; Php 1:18; 2Th 2:10, 12; 1Jo 1:6, 8; 2:4, 21) A number of other original-language expressions can, depending upon the context, also be translated “truth.”

Still no change...

Knowledge: Insight, Volume 2

Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts acquired by personal experience, observation, or study.

Still no change there either. And the word "facts" is also still a synonym for "truths/certainties/realities", i.e. speaking about that which is true/factual/certain/absolute/correct, without error/conclusive/unambiguous/definitive. Synonyms are taken from thesaurus.com. A synonym for "knowledge" is "science" (Latin: scientia). For training one's ability to distinguish both right and wrong, true and false, correct and incorrect (Heb.5:14), one can use this playlist and its description:

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to philosophies and stories

It's safe to say that if one doesn't even know what the word "truth" is referring to or how it should be used properly that one doesn't really know the truth regarding important biblical subjects such as this one:

The statement that prompted Pilate’s question is worth noting. Jesus had said: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Truth to Jesus was no vague, incomprehensible concept. He promised his disciples: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”—John 8:32.

Where can such truth be found? On one occasion, Jesus said in prayer to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) The Bible, written under divine inspiration, reveals truth that provides both reliable guidance and a sure hope for the future—everlasting life.—2 Timothy 3:15-17.

And the meaning of life.
Source: “What Is Truth?”
edit on 1-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
A world leader once asked this very question of one of the simplest men that every lived all because that man said, "To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

What Sayest ye of ATS?

What is Truth?

The truth is set when a man speaks of it acted on it accordingly. The priest and their "Words of God" has none of it.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join