It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disinformation Superhighway: CNN Didn't Alter Oregon Shooter's Image

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ya, well prove CNN didn't edit it! Can't, can ya?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkMoreBetterer
a reply to: theantediluvian

Looks like, perhaps unsurprisingly, it originated on 8chan......

Well done! It's definitely the same lightened image and it has by far the earliest posting date. For my money, that's very likely the origin of the image tweeted by bastille1790 and then used by andieiamwhoiam in the side-by-side that eventually got picked up by the conservative treehouse. How'd you locate it? I tried reverse image searches on Google and TinEye of just the lightened image and I didn't come across it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
How'd you locate it? I tried reverse image searches on Google and TinEye of just the lightened image and I didn't come across it.

Ah, saw a link to it in a Twitter search a while ago (in response to the CNN claim) - not sure how that person located it, or even who it was now... Probably someone who actually hangs out on 8chan though I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Where are people getting that he is a muslim?

And he is mixed, and you can hate your self and those like you.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I always find the media circus and the political circus after these events to be just as criminal as the original event. How many more poeple will beleive what they are told, only because it is shown on the news?

Thank you for posting what is known. Critical thought is not common these days.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Did it go to the hoax bin? Lots of people were noticing there was nothing on cnn about it. First thing I did before I posted was go on CNN. Didn't find anything. The more interesting question is will the OP of the original thread learn to verify sources? Doubt it.
edit on 10/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Where are people getting that he is a muslim?

And he is mixed, and you can hate your self and those like you.

Supposedly one of his friends on myspace had mujahideen/terrorist/etc images on his profile. But again are the sources verified? I remember this all started with some other guy, everybody thinking he was the gunmen. Turns out it was someone else. So honestly I don't know which sources are true and which aren't. Not been following this story.
edit on 10/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You are right about the disinfo, but you do realize "liberal" news sources slant their info just as bad as conservative news sources, right? I know you hate conservatives, but damn dude.. neither side is exactly a beacon of enlightenment and truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Not only has his face been whitened, his nose has been shortened and his lips have been thinned out

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
On one of the profiles associated with him (who knows if it's genuine), he listed himself as spiritual but not religious, and under interests he wrote Magick and Occult, as well as The Left Hand Path (both references to Crowley's New Age cult) and that he hated organised religion...

I suppose that ties in to claims that he asked victims their religion.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

He's only "mixed" when the media feels like it. If he had gotten shot by a cop he would be a young black boy, now that he killed a bunch of white Christians, he's a " mixed white supremacist." I assume he's Muslim considering that ISIS claimed responsibility for the murders

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
They are doing a better job covering up terrorism than covering up Hillary's trail of deceipt. When Obama says there are no words to describe the terrible happenings, it is because he forbade anyone who speaks for our government to use the proper words.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Good job.

When I first saw the photo over the weekend it seemed too over the top (even for the media) so I had all but dismissed it.

When it comes to images in the main stream media though, I would say that while I don't find that photos are typically altered, they do have a tendency to show old photos of alleged victims if it meets their narrative. Showing a several years old photo of a seemingly innocent youth rather than showing more recent, less flattering current photos that are often readily available on social media. Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Oh right. Only leftists stick to the truth and don't use disinformation whenever it suits them . Lol try again

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

OP never said anything close to that so maybe you are the one that needs to try again. Simply pointed out that some websites, that happen to be very right leaning, decided to perpetuate a lie.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ISIS can take claim for what ever they want, doesn't mean it is true. He is mixed and said he hated organized religion.

Talk about spinning it the way you want, the people that don't want him to be white are the ones shifting his race away from it imo. Which would be the same tactic they discredit the media with. Ironic...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I haven't believed the mainstream media since Obama was elected...even cancelled my subscription to WSJ. The so-called news story (they're all lies) I read online claimed CNN identified the shooter as a "white male" when in fact he was mixed race, like Obama.

The liberal/right wing media is obsessed with race. Disgusting on all sides.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hahahaha they want you scared of that crazy white boy, conservative, home grown terrorist. Yeah, tell me they're not trying to push an agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well there was George Zimmerman ... the white Hispanic. How many of those do you know? Was the media shifting his ethnicity away from his to create their story?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A white Hispanic? Latin America was dominated for centuries by Europe, I know it isn't all white, and then the states.

Also the point was more that the same people complaining about that tactic seems to be the same people trying to do it here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join