It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four California students arrested for plotting mass shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Social Media has brought all the crazies together to feed off of each other it appears.

Now we have groups of little sons (insert PC appropriate words here) plotting group murders. Mass insanity due to lack of morals and discipline continues.

news.yahoo.com...

Four northern California students have been arrested for plotting to carry out a shooting at a high school, authorities said.

Authorities took four unidentified students into custody after they uncovered their plan to shoot and kill faculty members and students at Summerville High School, the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Office said on Saturday.

"The suspects plan was very detailed in nature and included names of would be victims, locations and the methods in which the plan was to be carried out," the sheriff's department said in a Facebook post.

High school officials reported to authorities on Wednesday that three students were planning to carry out an attack. During their investigation, detectives learned that a fourth student was involved in the plot, the sheriff's office said.

The announcement of the arrests came two days after a heavily-armed gunman killed nine people at a community college in Oregon, ranking it among the deadliest of dozens of U.S. mass shootings in the past two years.

Summerville High School is located in Tuolumne, California, about 140 miles (225 km) east of San Francisco.

edit on 4-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Kids always talk smack. They rarely actually go through with it. Theres probably one guy instigating and pushing the conversation ever deeper, and the others go along because they don't want to be called chicken. A game of Dungeons and dragons is a terror act by this criteria.

"Plans" are just talk. Talk is cheap. The ones you gotta worry about are the silent types that just sit and stew.

(Check-check
they didn't actually stockpile weapons in a locker, did they?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes and no... Social media is desecration society. Especially our youth.... sadly

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It's blatantly obvious that teachers should have conceal and carry.
edit on 4-10-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Are they more of these 'betas' I am hearing about.
Apparently they are nerds that lay around playing video games on their parents dime, all pissed off because they aren't getting laid by hot chicks.
So, they believe them solution is to kill 'normies', which I believe refers to normal humans.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Kids always talk smack. They rarely actually go through with it. Theres probably one guy instigating and pushing the conversation ever deeper, and the others go along because they don't want to be called chicken. A game of Dungeons and dragons is a terror act by this criteria.

"Plans" are just talk. Talk is cheap. The ones you gotta worry about are the silent types that just sit and stew.

(Check-check

Talk used to be cheap, nowadays it may be the only warning you get.

It's the fact that we usually ignore that kind of "cheap talk" that we never see the actual attack coming.

Whether they were bluffing or not, I for one am glad the authorities are on top of it and checking them out.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Or open carry.. If civil liability was non-existent. .... I'm sure things would be different... I remember the days when youth was terrified of being set an example. .. terrified of what their parents would think of thier behavior. ... and terrified of the consequences of thier actions.....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

It's the fact that we usually ignore that kind of "cheap talk" that we never see the actual attack coming.

The scary ones are those not talking… most kids entertain what if scenarios. Acting out fears and make believe together isn't a crime. Proof being that all these bizarre cases are lone nut jobs. Except Columbine, maybe… you're right about never seeing that stuff coming, only looking back.

Its impossible to prevent these things.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

(Check-check

oh well god bless their cute little hearts then, it was just smack talk.

i wonder how many mass killings that probably didnt start as smack talk...
there is always an impetus, whether silent or arrogant online rants. the American society really cant take chances these days... ? we're leading in a weird statistic world wide. its really disheartening.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a lot of highschool students today appear to have a "monkey see monkey do" attitude especially with social media, it's scary they can go to school and repeat what they watched happen on television

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Are they more of these 'betas' I am hearing about.
Apparently they are nerds that lay around playing video games on their parents dime, all pissed off because they aren't getting laid by hot chicks.
So, they believe them solution is to kill 'normies', which I believe refers to normal humans.

I saw that on one of the 4 chan threads during the Oregon incident. I have no idea as I am not a 4chan user. Something to check into though.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well , as my crazy old neighbor would say " kids will be kids", he lets his grandkids go to the local cemetery and rob the graves of flowers, stuffed animals, anything that is left on a grave is free game to his grandkids.
as I always say, there are a lot of crazy people in the world and most of them don`t even know that they are crazy.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Amazing, but not surprising. . As a mentor of mine once said, "what one generation fathoms, the next generation shall carry out". Where/when will the madness end? Adds the word "respect" to the bygone file. .

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hundreds of plots similar to this are created ever day... they are never followed through.

Lets stick the kids in a crazy hospital and call it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
LoL ok so, lets not deal with the people making the plans , lets just brush all that off

Instead lets just ban guns

Christ the cognitive dissonance is absolutely ridiculous

Its funny so many of the people complaining about the mental healh issues are now saying "its just smack talk"

was just smack talk on the internet too before psycho boy started executing people
edit on 10/4/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This story is from my hometown of Sonora (about 5 miles from Summerville).... It's not the first time this has happened there.

I also know the kids involved.. Just idiot kids being idiots nothing more.

This is exactly why kids from Sonora High don't like kids from Summerville high, the kids from that district are a little off their rocker.

But it doesn't surprise me, the stuff that's been happening in that town is becoming a little shady. We have total police state where you drive at 10pm you're getting pulled over even if you abide all laws to a science, most of the kids are on probation for crimes they didn't commit.

The local entertainment of the area is who got put in jail. Complete with a website that plasters your name on it so everyone can look you up and learn all the bad you've done (essentially a black list).

So it was only a matter of time until someone snapped....

This is an area where 90% of people have guns, yet there has been only 2 murders involving firearms in the past 15 years.

Cops on the other hand shoot and kill someone at least once a year. It was only 3-4 months ago when a shootout happened in the middle of Main Street. The cops actually shot an innocent person in the barrage of fire.

Guns don't shoot people, stupid people with stupid ideas do.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm in northern California. These guys are only a few hours from me. Scary when it's so close to home.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Plans" are just talk. Talk is cheap.

True, but they sometimes do go through with it.

Better safe than sorry as they say.

I'd rather it be investigated than not.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is all part of the backlash of having such a shallow and fake society that bases all worth on material gain and status. It goes against something deep within us as humans and causes some people to lose it in the worst way possible. The further we move away from values that are simple, tangible and real, the more these things are going to happen. We have got to get kids into things that have depth and inspire creativity and imagination.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I can't help but to wonder if kids today are missing out on the basic nurturing and guiding that used to happen, before the days when both parents HAD to work to afford life.

Kids know (in their psyche) that something is missing in their lives, but cannot articulate what, simply because they have never had it, at least in this generation.

There is much to be said for creating (that is, re-creating) a society where it isn't necessary for both parents to work...it used to be a choice and should have remained that way. At any rate, it certainly cannot be healthy for kids to submerge themselves solely in media and video games, in lieu of family life.

Surely family ought to be THE most valued thing in society; and that is probably one of the only things that all people, everywhere, can agree on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join