It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Rejoice? Sodom & Gomorrah Ruins, including 'homosexual' males in coitus, Discovered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

How could you say that the beauty of an angel might not be provocative to mortals? It is likely given their history that they are attractive to humans and vice versa. The Nephilim come to mind for example.

Do you believe equally that the Greek gods and goddesses were beautiful? Their statues certainly are!

What about the nymphs? The deva? The houri?

Why limit it to Judeo-Christian mythology?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Marduk

Even Jesus had to go through the Dark Night of the Spirit

Because it seems that God has rejected it, the soul suffers such pain and grief that when God tried Job in this way it proved one of the worst of Job's trials, as he says: Why have You set me against You, and I am heavy and burdensome to myself? [Jb. 7:20].

www.catholictreasury.info...

St. John Dark Night of The Soul

Can you link me to the Gospel of Jesus, I'd like to read what he said...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lot was a deeply immoral and depraved man, yet God saved him.
I find this story one of the most disturbing in the entire Bible. This man, who was highly favoured by God, would rather throw his young daughters to the rapists, that let them touch his angelic visitors, who would have been powerful entities, unable to be physically harmed. This absolutely disgusts me. Then, after his wife is turned into a pillar of salt and he no longer has a sexual partner, he does what can be only described as victim shaming - he has incest with his daughters and blames them for getting him drunk. If you transplanted this sordid tale into the modern age, would Lot have a leg to stand on? Sorry Officer, it's their fault, they got me drunk and I couldn't help it! The fact that the conservatives have coopted this story to make a point about homosexuality shows me how deeply depraved they are. Consensual union between two men = evil. Raping your own daughters and blaming them for it = Favoured by God.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: mOjOm

why is it not possible for me to give this post an entire constellation of stars
this godless world is a cruel place indeed

Not godless; TOO many demi-Gods (look at Sanskrit) fighting amongst themselves over Earths dominion (their creations, or the great library of specie this planet is to be holder of). They are just as us, inexplicably unable to solve conflicts between themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Antidisestablishment

It depends on which account you read. In some, the daughters tricked him and got him drunk and did the deed with him of their own plotting.

Also, God spared Lot not because he was righteous but because Abraham was and because Lot tried to spare the angels sent to find out if any in Sodom and Gomorrah were worthy of being spared by shunting them aside to him own home and trying to hide their presence from the rest of the people of the city.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

no no my friend

this validates that natural anomalies were crafted into moral tales & folklore that got woven into the 'books' by religious zealots back in the foggy era of early civilization

the artifacts were found and stories developed

www.jw.org...

Yes, for although the Bible is not a science textbook, it is accurate when it mentions matters of science. Consider some examples showing that science and the Bible agree and that the Bible contains scientific facts that differed greatly from the beliefs of many people living at the time it was written.

The universe had a beginning. (Genesis 1:1) In contrast, many ancient myths describe the universe, not as being created, but as being organized from existing chaos. The Babylonians believed that the gods that gave birth to the universe came from two oceans. Other legends say that the universe came from a giant egg.
The universe is governed day-to-day by rational natural laws, not by the whims of deities. (Job 38:33; Jeremiah 33:25) Myths from around the world teach that humans are helpless before the unpredictable and sometimes merciless acts of the gods.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Oct 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added, trimmed long quote

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Akragon

it is finished?

Or my God, my God... why have you forsaken me?

I don't get it?

The gospels don't agree on his final words, there are three completely different sets of last words
If the bible can't get that right....

www.jw.org...

NO, THE ENTIRE BIBLE IS HARMONIOUS. While some passages might SEEM to show the Bible contradicting itself, they can usually be understood correctly by applying one or more of the following principles:

Consider the context. Any author can appear to contradict himself if his words are taken out of context.
Consider the writer’s viewpoint. Eyewitnesses might describe an event accurately but not use the exact same wording or include the same details.
Take into account historical facts and customs.
Distinguish between the figurative and the literal uses of a word.
Recognize that an action may be attributed to someone—even if he did not personally carry it out. *
Use an accurate Bible translation.
Avoid trying to reconcile what the Bible says with mistaken religious ideas or dogma.
The following examples show how these principles can explain some seeming inconsistencies in the Bible.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Oct 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added, trimmed long quote

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Because it seems that God has rejected it, the soul suffers such pain and grief that when God tried Job in this way it proved one of the worst of Job's trials, as he says: Why have You set me against You, and I am heavy and burdensome to myself? [Jb. 7:20].

Perhaps exists in the future; may have been published, just not available to this time frame of avid readers (sacred secret knowledge) hidden on purpose?
edit on 6-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Exists in the future; not available to this time frame.

Yeah I heard that, I have a feeling that next time he shows up, no one is going to care about reading anything

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because the OP is about a bible story so I chose to discuss the subject being discussed.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Exists in the future; not available to this time frame.

Yeah I heard that, I have a feeling that next time he shows up, no one is going to care about reading anything

Won't be able to reference the 'material' (everyone still arguing as to the myth being a potential reality). Jesus becomes a backward overlay of an Elvis King idea or Zeus/Osiris. We are sunk.
edit on 6-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Geez , talk about a Hell Hole........

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VicenteGarciaTortelli

ARE THERE CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE?

The Bible’s answer....LOOK & SEE

Probably better to take your own advice on this instead of simply copying a website word for word...

Yes there are MANY contradictions in the bible... I agree with a few things from whatever website you posted that from...

but the fact remains, there are contradictions and errors through out the bible...

Try to LOOK AND SEE... Rather then taking the word from a Christian website

edit on 6-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hell yeah I'm going to copy and paste a whole article from a website I would be an idiot if I didn't after checking the research that they put hard work into and it also makes common sense hell yeah I'm going to copy and paste if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

(post by VicenteGarciaTortelli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: John333

originally posted by: John333

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: Akragon

The sodomites went hell then in S&G and will go if they don't repent...

ok lets settle this once and for all
If the bible is such a good source, what were the last words Jesus said on the cross before he died ?

it is done. into your hands i release my spirit, Father.

no, that's just Luke

trust me, a guy who can descend into hell and pull souls out while the devil can do nothing but watch and count his losses, who has known and lived with the Holy Spirit with him, isnt going to cry about losing a skin suit.

if you pay attention to the gospels. you may or may not have realised one thing. John is the only one who was actually there. and the gospels are of John's words. copies with probable translations. so you want to hear what matthew mark and luke said john said? or do you want to hear what john said himself?

Really, pics or it didn't happen, you actually want to supply some real evidence for your claims. King James ain't gonna cut it.

The testimony given and sworn true in the NT is good enough for me. King James version is fine by me. I believed it a long time ago, and after that belief by faith, was shown later by the Lord to really be true. Better than pics

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The entire NT is filled with words Jesus said.
The day will be coming soon when all will bow down and claim that Christ is Lord of all. Will you be ready?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The entire NT is filled with words Jesus said.
The day will be coming soon when all will bow down and claim that Christ is Lord of all. Will you be ready?

The entire NT is filled with words other people claim Jesus said
you realise of course, that you are the follower of a middle eastern cult religion derived from Judaism which the Romans adapted as a form of mass control
no probably not, the brainwashed don't realise they have been indoctrinated do they

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because the OP is about a bible story so I chose to discuss the subject being discussed.

You miss the point. The OP is supposedly addressing actual archaeological findings.

It does not. It addresses mythology. Your argument, therefore, attempts to make a rational conclusion from irrational suppositions.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Highly unlikely, this sounds like an apologist's reading to me.
I don't belive that it would ever happen that young daughters would purposely get their father drunk in order to have intercourse with him. This simply does not happen. Besides, he as the "adult" should have had some responsibility. We do not know the ages of the girls, but this is largely immaterial. Only a seasoned abuser would have sexual intercourse with his children and say that they wanted to do it. Some fathers make this assertion, but it is always a lie. Incest motivated by the child simply does not happen. It's victim blaming.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join