It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Christians Rejoice? Sodom & Gomorrah Ruins, including 'homosexual' males in coitus, Discovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:23 AM
a reply to: mOjOm

So there isn't much of a point going in circles with all that.

sure there is...

its fun to watch people squirm

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:38 AM

originally posted by: Akragon

I never new you were in to that kind of thing. A bit of a sadist are we???

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM

Not at all actually...

It gives evidence to what I say

Love a good twitch

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:54 AM
a reply to: Akragon

I find that people of strong faith to be very irritating to argue with though. The more faith they have the less likely they are to accept any other viewpoint no matter how plainly obvious it may be. It's really almost a waste of time talking to them because the more devout they are the more they will rationalize even the most far fetched ideas to make ends meet. The same thing happens every time too. What starts as a discussion become them simply preaching. Even when you have something to say back, you assume they are listening but they aren't. They're just ignoring what you say and politely waiting for you to stop so they can preach at you some more.

Even when they squirm to make their ideas somehow seem logical, in the end they actually think they've done it. Even if the rationalization is worse than the original version they just keep thinking to themselves, "Yep, nailed it." That's when I start to squirm out of frustration.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:02 AM
Threads like these really put me off looking more seriously at becoming a Christian. Why would I won't to belong to a group with such a hateful members, with such awful beliefs worshipping a vengeful God. It's certainly not the Christianity I was taught at Sunday school and Church of England primary school.

(post by namelesss removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Milah

But can't help think that 'new' people (ie, 'fresh meat') being 'Sodomized' in the twin cities was also an issue, ie with the angels visiting Lot

The cities were already doomed way before the angels went for a visit. Be as it may, the action (allegedly) towards the angels is rape. Lot even offered his daughters to appease them. So wouldn't the sin be rape?

Well considering the term "sodomy" actually comes from this Bible story and the name of that lil ol town we may presume that sodomy was very much on the Lord's mind when He destroyed the Sodomites. It does not apparently go down too wll with the Lord when you try and bugger his messengers. Kinda gets Him angry.

Wow, how insane humanity is and has always been that we even have to be debating this stuff (nervous twitch returns).

edit on 5-10-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:06 AM
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It's certainly not the Christianity I was taught at Sunday school and Church of England primary school.

You can say that again.

These degenerate American consumer cults are only Christian in name and external trappings.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:12 AM

It has been said that people will hold tight to their truths until a greater truth has been presented to them...

Many seem to believe in a book more then the actual content of it

all anyone can do is offer ideas... thoughts on the subject matter...

And hopefully the "truth" will surface

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:17 AM
really into the way this whole thought process seems to have unfolded....
"look we found two skeletons of a certain physical build"
"clearly they are both men"
"they are touching and men only touch during intercourse"
"obviously they must be gay"
"did gay people exist before the disco era?"
"hot damn we've discovered Sodom!"

....i can't even BEGIN to take apart the leaps made at every single point of that process quite honestly the whole thing makes me feel a little hysterical. Four pages of arguing about the bible did not do much to help.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:46 AM
If this should make christians have Christians very misunderstood.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:38 AM
Every time that something ancient is unearthed in the middle east, is always been paraded as a part of some biblical event, this plays well with the Christian tourism that feeds on such type of discovered.

Is nothing but propaganda to generate revenues and it works as a charm.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM

there is good explanation for everything. sufficient that you yourself would have functioned fine and made the same choices as your ancestors. you wouldve sold your daughter, allowed her to marry her rapist etc, and whats more, youd be fine with it. just like ud be fine eating humans if u were brought up in a cannibal tribe. the reason is simple. the people didnt know any better. their behaviour and psychology was different. analysing old documents really requires one to think. but asking the right questions usually helps.

if a man tries to have sex with an animal most will call it beastiality, or rape. because they say, the animal cannot consent to . which would mean that female animals who are mated are raped since they cant consent, and all male animals are rapists? might put things a little in context when primitive man wasnt very far from wild animals. and then you have to teach these wild animals systems of consent, control of desire, emotions and passion. its all in there man. if ud only read it.

what would you say to the children of the future who look back at us and say..

'man, in early 2000s our ancestors were pretty heartless and immoral. theyd pass homeless ppl on the street asking for help and they.. wouldnt help even if they have alot of money'

you see, some of us might find grave problems with what some of us consider to be acceptable. sometimes, we do not know or understand the sins we commit or why they are even classed as sin or wickedness. but from the experience of error and correction, we can gain a firm permanent footing. one we can always look back on and always remember while we say.. 'man im glad things arent like that anymore, and we must never let them get b

ack to that point again'

but i think a simple focussed cover to cover reading would answer all your questions. everything is always explained. every action and inaction is provided a reason. a reason that you, in their very same shoes would make the very same choice, if you were wise, because there was no wiser choice, however it may appear to you looking back now.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM

originally posted by: Cinrad
Rejoice? Why?

New Living Translation
Ezekiel 18:23 "Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

32 I don't want you to die, says the Sovereign LORD. Turn back and live!

actions are louder than words. someone who regrets a mistake but continues to allow for it is a fool.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
How is any of this a Christian thing,
the story of Sodom and Gomorrah is a Hebrew tale that predates Christianity by 3000 years. It's so old its not even a Jewish story, it predates the covenant
of Moses by 1400 years.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:22 PM
I thought that it was a meteor or volcanic ash that destroyed them. I mean imagine having never seen something like this, being superstitious, it's easy to say God did it when you have no knowledge of an actual natural phenomenon. We still see it today when a weird cloud appears, people think it's a miracle, or a "sign" from God. Heck, people see Jesus on toast and think it's a miracle.

Besides, an image like the one posted could have easily been a father and a son, there is no way to tell if they were homosexual.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Marduk

it is finished?

Or my God, my God... why have you forsaken me?

I don't get it?

The answers are there, very easily found. It isn't that you don't get it that is the problem.

I think the problem is that you aren't aware that you don't get it,
Because religion has blinded you to the facts

I think when you substitute the word "god" with "advanced beings" or "our creators" it all makes perfect sense. It's up to the individual whether or not they can believe it. If you can argue for a creator you have to include the possibility of real tangible entities too. It's where certain "human" characteristics come out in the Biblical "God's" behavior like being jealous or angry. We're not dealing with the flaming ghostly head in the Wizard of Oz we're dealing with flesh and blood people with hands and feet. the evidence is overwhelming no matter how you look at it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: Akragon

The sodomites went hell then in S&G and will go if they don't repent...

ok lets settle this once and for all
If the bible is such a good source, what were the last words Jesus said on the cross before he died ?

I hope these nails are galvanised...Iron oxide is SO hard to get out of robes.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:19 PM

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: John333

Well some of the things that happened back then may have been fine morally for the time, but it still didn't mean it is something that should happen. It may have been moral to sell off your daughters or to have them purchased for marriage or even as a payment from their rapist but that hardly makes it right. It's just at the time women were in no position to argue. Morality changes with the times and all but I think treating women like property is not moral at any time. They just didn't care back then and more than likely just wrote it down that it was because they could get away with it.

Some of the stories in there I don't care you go about interpreting it they're still messed up. If they are to be taken as some lesson I suppose I can see how that might slide. But some of them taken literally or as if they were being told honestly for how they're written are just sick.

The parts that contradict I won't bother too much about with you because as most apologists I'm sure you're got any number of justifiable reasons for them or ways of "interpreting" them that turns actions that are immoral to be moral simply because it's God's Word. So there isn't much of a point going in circles with all that.

to understand morality you need to understand law. God's law. the laws of the universe which we observe and confirm in the universe' behaviour. the source of law. law has always and first come from God. and is so attributed by every culture. thus atheist didnt create law, they would be like wild animals in the jungle. survival of the fittest types with no time for God. just enjoying life.

u also needto understand necessity. if everyone on earth dies and you and your sister alone are left. you have no choice but to mate with her to try and save the race. the fate of the race will be in your hands at that point. and logically, if she doesnt want to give ull have to rape her. and then if she seems suicidal ull have to tie her up until the baby comes safely etc until she comes to her senses.

now it is a grotesque scenario, which is why i think it makes a good example. but i hope you can see how morality, yes, sort of changes with the scenario based on necessity, importance, urgency. etc. its not completely static. but the static rules are great place to start and make ur home base.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Cinrad

Where? Not in the title.

I believe it was the words Sodom and Gomorrah that did it. If it has anything at all to do with ME and might intersect with Biblical accounts, then no rationality is possible. As many people as would like to see the Bible verified, there are as many would are equally invested in in keeping it purely fiction.

Therefore, having a dry scholarly discussion on the material would end up being rather quickly impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>