It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Rejoice? Sodom & Gomorrah Ruins, including 'homosexual' males in coitus, Discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: John333

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: Akragon

The sodomites went hell then in S&G and will go if they don't repent...

ok lets settle this once and for all
If the bible is such a good source, what were the last words Jesus said on the cross before he died ?

it is done. into your hands i release my spirit, Father.

no, that's just Luke

trust me, a guy who can descend into hell and pull souls out while the devil can do nothing but watch and count his losses, who has known and lived with the Holy Spirit with him, isnt going to cry about losing a skin suit.

if you pay attention to the gospels. you may or may not have realised one thing. John is the only one who was actually there. and the gospels are of John's words. copies with probable translations. so you want to hear what matthew mark and luke said john said? or do you want to hear what john said himself?

Really, pics or it didn't happen, you actually want to supply some real evidence for your claims. King James ain't gonna cut it.

what 'evidence' did you have in mind? the gospel of john was found on 2000 yr old scrolls. what do u think king james and the nicaean council just made it all up? and since the gospel is about john and what john saw himself dont you think john would tell it best?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

what 'evidence' did you have in mind? the gospel of john was found on 2000 yr old scrolls. what do u think king james and the nicaean council just made it all up? and since the gospel is about john and what john saw himself dont you think john would tell it best?

Or it's just a neat story or legend written a long time ago. Perhaps tales of wisdom passed down through the generations.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Umm... So was it destroyed by hellfire from the sky?

Years ago they already discovered Sodom, at the base shore of the dead sea I think.
www.christians.center...

And they found a pure form of Sulphur still unburned that also contained a percentage of pure magnesium mixed in, and unburned samples were all over but underneath a thick layer of ash.
They say this material would burn hot enough to melt metals and anything else.
This stuff was everywhere underneath the ash.

There was a big documentary on it
This was probably called heaven fire.
Hell fire would come up from the ground, right?

edit on 4-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: Deaf Alien

They were angels after all so perhaps they were supernaturally beautiful and there for so attractive that the locals lost their heads. That is what the story seems to point out to me? Would that not constitute "mitigating circumstances" if they were judged for it fairly?

I would say no. The Angels didn't let their junk hang out in provocative poses to entice the locals would they? Not the good sided ones anyways.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Marduk

it is finished?

Or my God, my God... why have you forsaken me?

I don't get it?

The answers are there, very easily found. It isn't that you don't get it that is the problem.

I think the problem is that you aren't aware that you don't get it,
Because religion has blinded you to the facts

Or, your hatred and fear of the idea of consequences, and accountability for sin has blinded you to the truth, and the facts.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

a reply to: Milah

This find validates The Bible...huge!

no no my friend

this validates that natural anomalies were crafted into moral tales & folklore that got woven into the 'books' by religious zealots back in the foggy era of early civilization

the artifacts were found and stories developed

I DARE an expedition to excavate those supposed structures to uncover the brick or tiles normally used in construction during the times of Sodom, et al...
Found years ago..so how can you guarantee anything about this when you don't know?
I guarantee there is not just a thick layer of ash/brimstone/mixed with sulfur that is covering man made buildings underneath...
the whole pile of ash with hot pellets of sulfur burnt into the strata is a geological formation of unique nature to that particular site on the globe - but that does not make the pile of ash-debris a supernatural remnant of cities

even 6000 degree heat cannot change mud/clay bricks (aka; adobe here in the west hemisphere) into flaky strata of gypsum....the process is physically impossible and chemistry & physics does not allow for such a transmutation of material/minerals from building bricks into gypsum

(this is all the ultimate type of 'ghost story' around the campfire at summer camp... a story to scare the 12 tribes of Israel)

The documentary I watched on this scientifically refutes what you say. The sulphur and magnesium pellets they already found were of unknown origin. The isotopic ratio of the sulphur, and especially the magnesium were not known anywhere, including where it was found. The magnesium mixed within the sulphur pellets was more pure than anything found on the planet, and the isotope doesn't match any known earth magnesium.

www.christians.center...
edit on 5-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Or it's just a neat story or legend written a long time ago. Perhaps tales of wisdom passed down through the generations.

it would be a rather long story consisting of full family tree lines corroborated by sumerian kings tablets, wonders of the world which no present day 'advanced' technology can build, containing the history of israel, and surrounding areas, turkey greece, egypt, northern europe and asia, incorporating the life and culture of the 3 major races, white, black and asian, as well as how the co-mingled and produced mixed offspring between themselves, producing arabic, and meso-asians etc, and whose documentation can be seen in their way of life today in a world completely functioning with each country giving glory to a higher being which secures your constitutional rights as they come from the universe.

yes 'perhaps' its all just a silly story with a moral purpose. or perhaps it is a real story that also has a moral with a purpose of its own. we all think for ourselves and make choices for ourselves. but to discard stronger logic which defeats the idea one has for weaker logic that supports it is called by one simple word. denial.
edit on 5-10-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: John333

And what if it is you who are in denial, eh? It cannot even be proven with any certainty that Jesus existed. So much for your "stronger logic".

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

The sodomites went hell then in S&G and will go if they don't repent...

ok lets settle this once and for all
If the bible is such a good source, what were the last words Jesus said on the cross before he died ?

Yes; lets do this (the bible is not the end all be all information gathering system); what he actually said (as a human form living )the last utterance was: "ELI ELI LAMA ZABACTHANI" (My wounds will be kept open by those who defame me).
edit on 5-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

And what if it is you who are in denial, eh? It cannot even be proven with any certainty that Jesus existed. So much for your "stronger logic".

yes but his topic isnt about whether or not jesus existed. youd have to make another topic to discuss that. but there is alot that is true and verified. the rest is just a bunch of perhaps'and maybes because theyre unverified. if someone dies but noone knew. would that mean that they never died? or never lived?

all in all, there is too much corroborated truth for us to be able to discard unverified information. had the opposite been true then we could dismiss the documents. but if every time we find some ne evidence it corroborates something we had previously unverified, then 'perhaps' we are still being led and taught by our 5000 yr old ancestors. and we have alot still to learn.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I came here hoping to find some information about an ancient Middle Eastern civilization.

Silly me.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I came here hoping to find some information about an ancient Middle Eastern civilization.

Silly me.

Yes, but the word "Bible" was mentioned.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Where? Not in the title.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

it would be a rather long story consisting of full family tree lines corroborated by sumerian kings tablets, wonders of the world which no present day 'advanced' technology can build, containing the history of israel, and surrounding areas, turkey greece, egypt, northern europe and asia, incorporating the life and culture of the 3 major races, white, black and asian, as well as how the co-mingled and produced mixed offspring between themselves, producing arabic, and meso-asians etc, and whose documentation can be seen in their way of life today in a world completely functioning with each country giving glory to a higher being which secures your constitutional rights as they come from the universe.

All of that is contained in John?? Or do you mean the entire bible???

Because it also has a whole lot of mythical tales about magic and living in a whale belly and floods that cover the earth and talking bushes and all kinds of horrible moral lessons by today's standards and weird ideas about what to eat and wear and how not to shave and parts that contradict themselves and also just stuff that doesn't make any sense at all.

I think you might be exaggerating about some of that stuff you wrote above too.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

All of that is contained in John?? Or do you mean the entire bible???

Because it also has a whole lot of mythical tales about magic and living in a whale belly and floods that cover the earth and talking bushes and all kinds of horrible moral lessons by today's standards and weird ideas about what to eat and wear and how not to shave and parts that contradict themselves and also just stuff that doesn't make any sense at all.

I think you might be exaggerating about some of that stuff you wrote above too.

in short, what ur saying is it has a lot of information ur not sure how to interpret. still doesnt form the basis for you coming to any conclusion. so for now ill be happy if you just admit,

a. you dont know so ur hinged on alot of perhaps and maybes
b. you're guessing based on those maybes
c. and uve come to a conclusion based on one or more of your maybes

i could explain all those things to you if you took them one by one in your own topics. its up to you if you choose to even bother. i will say with formidable finality that, there are no contradictions in the bible. everything in the bible makes perfect sense, God has never performed an injustice to a single soul not even in the flood of noah's time, and that magic is real. just you may die having never experienced it or understanding how it works. there is alot you dont know. much too early to come to the conclusion u seem to have come to about religio-spirituality. there is nothing really exceptional about the claims. so matter can be made out of empty space and thought can control manifestations in physical reality. further to that thought can exist independent of the body. thats pretty much the only real claims that ppl find too fantastic to believe. but like i said, theyre not exceptionally phenomenal or fantastic at all. not to me anyway.

and im really glad you said 'by today's standards'. because if u place urself in that time there wont be anything weird or horrible about the moral lessons when you consider we're dealing with people like John... who fed on locusts. not exactly gourmet resturaunt type food. we're dealing with nomads, desert and bush people from a time when man was just learning to become more civilized.. just as we're still learning today. your descendents 2000 yrs from now, will look back at you and how primitive and immoral you lived when compared to them. if only they are conceited enough to ignore the fact that you and the generations before you, layed the ground work for them to grow to and achieve such level of civilization, without which, theyd still be living in the bush, eating locusts, and speaking to eachother with clicks.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Years ago they already discovered Sodom, at the base shore of the dead sea I think.
www.christians.center...

And they found a pure form of Sulphur still unburned that also contained a percentage of pure magnesium mixed in, and unburned samples were all over but underneath a thick layer of ash.

That would be Ron wyatt... exposed as a hoax long ago...

I think he even admitted he rigged all of his so called "documentaries" just before he died

Sadly, and quite pathetically... people of faith will literally do anything to show proof of their beliefs

edit on 5-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

www.christians.center...

That would be Ron wyatt... exposed as a hoax long ago...

I think he even admitted he rigged all of his so called "documentaries" just before he died

Sadly, and quite pathetically... people of faith will literally do anything to show proof of their beliefs

immoral people will do that. if they have faith they wont need to generate falseness to further their 'truth'. in my book, a fraud is a fraud. f u have to fake, then you have no faith. and if u use trickery then you are deceiver. pretty much black and white.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I might be going out on a limb here but the picture suggests to me one male trying to protect another [younger brother, son?] from whatever conflagration destroyed the city. The man love idea smacks of school playground s'n-word'ing not scientific study tbh.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

that is correct...

I can't seem to find the link, but Ron Wyatt never produced any evidence of his claims... the videos were very convincing even for me... honestly that Sodom video blew me away the first time I saw it...I think I even have a thread on it somewhere lol...

though I remember looking into it a short while afterword, and it turned out to be bunk... Its easy to fake a video. IF he found what he actually claimed to find, it would have been all over the news, and scientists would have tackled it immediately

Im not sure if Immoral is the correct word though... perhaps, insecure?

edit on 5-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Well some of the things that happened back then may have been fine morally for the time, but it still didn't mean it is something that should happen. It may have been moral to sell off your daughters or to have them purchased for marriage or even as a payment from their rapist but that hardly makes it right. It's just at the time women were in no position to argue. Morality changes with the times and all but I think treating women like property is not moral at any time. They just didn't care back then and more than likely just wrote it down that it was because they could get away with it.

Some of the stories in there I don't care you go about interpreting it they're still messed up. If they are to be taken as some lesson I suppose I can see how that might slide. But some of them taken literally or as if they were being told honestly for how they're written are just sick.

The parts that contradict I won't bother too much about with you because as most apologists I'm sure you're got any number of justifiable reasons for them or ways of "interpreting" them that turns actions that are immoral to be moral simply because it's God's Word. So there isn't much of a point going in circles with all that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join