It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid: King's Chamber Reveals Unusually Accurate Values for π and Φ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I wonder if all these dimensions have anything to do with function of the GP. )

Yes, I expect it had a lot to do with the size of the stone sarcophagus that was found in the centre of it

There was?
I thought all I heard was nothing of any burial stuff was ever found in that big one.. Ah well, I'll wait for the next parade

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I wonder if all these dimensions have anything to do with function of the GP. )

Yes, I expect it had a lot to do with the size of the stone sarcophagus that was found in the centre of it

There was?
I thought all I heard was nothing of any burial stuff was ever found in that big one.. Ah well, I'll wait for the next parade

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

You should have a read of this book
archive.org...

It dates from 1864, written by Charles Piazzi Smyth and includes all the measurements you'll ever need

Charles Piazzi Smyth (1819-1900), Astronomer Royal for Scotland, was keenly interested in 'pyramidology': he was convinced that the Great Pyramid of Giza was built under divine guidance and contained scientific information. This 1864 work sets out his argument, based on the measurements he had made of the Pyramid.

Though I think its safe to ignore his Christian viewpoint

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Just imagine, every person who has ever qualified with any kind of history degree must have been sworn to secrecy too. So, no, its a load of old bollox

What a load of bollox.

All that our custodial rulers have to do is train the initiate in the narrative that our masters so choose.

Train them to not think outside of the box/for themselves.

Train them to trounce on any alternate ideas.

Sounds like theyve trained you well.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Just imagine, every person who has ever qualified with any kind of history degree must have been sworn to secrecy too. So, no, its a load of old bollox

What a load of bollox.

All that our custodial rulers have to do is train the initiate in the narrative that our masters so choose.

Train them to not think outside of the box/for themselves.

Train them to trounce on any alternate ideas.

Sounds like theyve trained you well.

Laughable really, that you'd believe that without any evidence. Academics don't ignore things because they are outside the box, they ignore things because they have no supporting evidence. Your definition for evidence therefore is pretty poor as right here you are demonstrating that you are capable of continuing to spread the lie about orthodoxy started 40 years ago by Zechariah Sitchin, namely that no one in Academia supports his claims for Alien visitation because they are actively covering it up.
This is a logical fallacy known as a "gap of the gods" argument.
en.wikipedia.org...

What you believe is that the people who are the most qualified, who spend the most amount of time studying, are those who are apparently the most stupid. But in reality, you also require those among them that discover things outside the normal narrative, to cover it up, rather than to become internationally famous. Its never happened, science progresses from accumulated knowledge so works in exactly the opposite way that you are claiming. The evidence is all around you.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Actually, the ancients didn't have to use unknown (to them) equations and ratios to find pi. All they had to do was divide the whole number 355 by 113. The quotient has been described to me by more than one mathematics professor as possibly more accurate than pi.

Yeah, sure. "More accurate than pi" in what way? You mean more pi than pi itself?

Ignorant statement.

Will you pause to consider what the Rhind Papyrus actually tells us concerning Egyptians lack of knowledge of pi?

That is, if they knew pi at all, why did they estimate the area of a circle by using an octagon created from a circumscribing square?

Neither phi nor pi was known to the Ancient Egyptians, though the golden rectangle was known, and the ability to create one with a straight edge (rope) and compass (rope with stake) was almost certainly known to them.

What, exactly, do you believe phi to be anyway?

Harte

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
laughable

A reply full of jargon and assumptions. I couldnt get through it.

These people lie in every facet of society. Time again... But history/achaeology is exempt?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Marduk
laughable

A reply full of jargon and assumptions. I couldnt get through it.

Plain English too difficult for you eh
I guess that's why you never do any research that isn't a youtube video

You are asking people to believe that a country mostly funded by tourism, isn't interested in displaying what's been found...
dry that out and you can fertilise your lawn with it. I mean, the country in question has had three changes of government in the last five years, but apparently, the system you believe is in place to hide things from the public remains intact

YOU KNOW LESS ABOUT POLITICS THAN YOU DO HISTORY

edit on 4-10-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Pi and Phi are numbers intrinsic to contructional geometry, you don't even need to know their values or definitions to "encode" them into a building project.

If the length or width of the King's chamber would be slightly different, the maths (using our metric system) wouldn't add up. That's because the rectangular layout doesn't represent any obvious geometry based on Pi or Phi.

It's the subdivision that makes the case intriguing and that again is related to actual values and a certain accuracy in the decimal places. With a royal cubit of ~0,5236 as the base unit, the dimensions make sense (meaning that Pi and Phi^2 are single digit multiples of said base unit).

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In another reply full of jargon and assumptions..

I cant argue that. Probably less thaqn we both think.

I was taking issue with your statement that "their not suppressing knowledge" in general. Given the state of the world, its quite clear they lie about a great deal of things. Thats why I dont claim to know much, except those at the top lie and cheat to perpetuate their dominion. Hiding info about our history makes sense to me.

And, yeah.. secureteam10 is my favorite channel, lots of interesting facts on that channel.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I was taking issue with your statement that "their not suppressing knowledge" in general. Given the state of the world, its quite clear they lie about a great deal of things. Thats why I dont claim to know much, except those at the top lie and cheat to perpetuate their dominion. Hiding info about our history makes sense to me.

And, yeah.. secureteam10 is my favorite channel, lots of interesting facts on that channel.

Yup, your heroes require "ancient knowledge" to be covered up, otherwise everyone would know they were lying...

Whereas I don't have any heroes who's words can be taken as an act of faith with no supporting evidence. As a result, I look at the evidence, not the claims made for its non existence, when its right in front of you.

I guess that you didn't hear the recent news about secureteam10, he was caught creating hoax pictures of UFO's. Bet you don't believe that though, also bet you didn't bother to check for yourself

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yup, your heroes require "ancient knowledge" to be covered up, otherwise everyone would know they were lying...

My hero is you, the skeptic. I admire the conviction you exhibit; and your ability to understand plain english.

Maybe Ill research that on youtube.

Edit? Yes I had heard about st10. I heard about them and many other hoaxers shortly after joining ATS.

Imagine that..people who lie.

edit on 4-10-2015 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You forget to mention how the ancient Egyptians also managed to size things with respect to the "metre" which did not exist for 2 thousand years after their civilisation collapsed. Did they have a police box ?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
You forget to mention how the ancient Egyptians also managed to size things with respect to the "metre" which did not exist for 2 thousand years after their civilisation collapsed. Did they have a police box ?

I expect that's because they didn't

All about what they were actually using here
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Egyptians didnt built the pyramids, they just took them and made it theirs.
[You dont have to believe the following paragraph]:
The original pyramids were build to create a mechanical energy flow around the area aligned like a davidstar, initiated by leftovers of an old marsian world war. They had the technology, but they didn't have the exact knowledge of how to align the pyramids anylonger. The point they were activte, they detonated like a atombomb and destroyed whole africa, which made it as dry and dead as the planet mars they left.

There are constants hidden in the architecture of the pyramide, like the speed of light, PI, PHI etc. I recommend you to watch

If you still want to deny that information is hidden I call you ignorant. The official eygptian theory is as implausibly as the official story of 9/11. The history that is told tells us that the past of humanity wasn't capable of these things to know and is underestimated in anyway, yet they were capable of building such masterworks without making any mistake on their first try when today architects even fail to build simple, relative to pyramids, buildings with the help of computer simulations. If you think all the archeologists who know the truth go out and spread their message, then I call you shortsighted too. Most won't spread knowledge which would destroy our complete worldview because they are just employees with the fear of getting fired, ridiculed and getting no job in the future. So normal people will just stick to the original story but some of them go out and tell you the real message, which you call dumb within your dumb argumentation.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: newking34
The Egyptians didnt built the pyramids, they just took them and made it theirs.
[You dont have to believe the following paragraph]:
The original pyramids were build to create a mechanical energy flow around the area aligned like a davidstar, initiated by leftovers of an old marsian world war. They had the technology, but they didn't have the exact knowledge of how to align the pyramids anylonger. The point they were activte, they detonated like a atombomb and destroyed whole africa, which made it as dry and dead as the planet mars they left.

There are constants hidden in the architecture of the pyramide, like the speed of light, PI, PHI etc. I recommend you to watch

If you still want to deny that information is hidden I call you ignorant. The official eygptian theory is as implausibly as the official story of 9/11. The history that is told tells us that the past of humanity wasn't capable of these things to know and is underestimated in anyway, yet they were capable of building such masterworks without making any mistake on their first try when today architects even fail to build simple, relative to pyramids, buildings with the help of computer simulations. If you think all the archeologists who know the truth go out and spread their message, then I call you shortsighted too. Most won't spread knowledge which would destroy our complete worldview because they are just employees with the fear of getting fired, ridiculed and getting no job in the future. So normal people will just stick to the original story but some of them go out and tell you the real message, which you call dumb within your dumb argumentation.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

All about what they were actually using here
en.wikipedia.org...

The royal cubit, indeed ... isn't it strange that it measures pretty exactly one sixth of 3,14159 = π? And pretty exactly one fifth of 2,618 = Φ²?

The AE shouldn't have known the metric system, neither should the pyramid builders... but still: the numbers are there and seem to be derived from (or based on) π, a value they're not supposed to have known to that degree of accuracy.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

The royal cubit, indeed ... isn't it strange that it measures pretty exactly one sixth of 3,14159 = π?

No, it doesn't. But what's so special about 1/6th?

the numbers are there and seem to be derived from (or based on) π, a value they're not supposed to have known to that degree of accuracy.
There is no need to know the value of pi. Here's something to think about. Use a wheel of any diameter at all to measure out a distance (which is a good way to measure long distances). Count the rotations of the wheel. Guess what, any number of whole rotations will yield a multiple of pi. It just will, because the circumference of a circle is πD. It doesn't matter what size the roller is. Roll a one meter wheel one revolution and the distance traveled will be π * 1 meter. Roll a one foot wheel one revolution and the distance traveled will be π * 1 foot. Use a cubit (whatever length you choose it to be, it's not well established). Guess what?

Now measure two different distances using that wheel. Guess what, the ratio between them will be a relationship to pi.

Use a circle to measure something and you cannot avoid π. There is nothing mysterious about it.
edit on 10/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No, it doesn't. But what's so special about 1/6th?

Yes it does, Phage. No debunking here, sorry!

There is no need to know the value of pi. Here's something to think about. Use a wheel of any diameter at all to measure out a distance (which is a good way to measure long distances). Count the rotations of the wheel.

While what you're saying isn't wrong, it doesn't apply to the situation described in the OP. We have a rectangular room in the GP and when applying our metric system, the measured distances relate to Pi in an extraordinary way and very accurately.

When measuring the same distances in yards, feet or any other unit, we wouldn't get the same significant values. The ratios wouldn't change, true, but the OP is related to actual values. It's the values in the metric system that make this observation so interesting.

And you asked what's so special about 1/6: it's exactly the fraction of Pi that determines the royal cubit (0,5236 m). Is it surprising then that this basic unit, which had obviously been applied by the pyramid builders, also describes the volume of a sphere with a diameter of 1 meter?

So the volume in this case equals the royal cubit. To me, it's a rather strange coincidence that the pyramid dimensions are based on a metric value, the royal cubit, that is such an accurate fraction of Pi (in the decimal range).
edit on 6-10-2015 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
when applying our metric system, .

Total fail
you don't understand Egyptian measurements
you don't understand Egyptian culture
you don't understand Egyptian architecture
you don't understand why your comment above is complete crap
try to understand, we'd all like you to smell the coffee at some point

new topics