It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 - Will there be another 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In the wake of a new year, the ongoing war with Iraq and Afghanistan, the so called "rebirth" of OBL in the recent months, budget lacks in getting the US up to par on Counter Terrorism issues & equipment, the unrest of terrorist organizations and the edginess instilled upon those terrorist organizations wanting to take a shot at the US, I ask this:

Could there be another heavy hit upon US soil this year?

Or elsewhere in the world, like the USS Cole?

Or upon another nation, unforeseen, like 9/11?

I ask this because of the heavy eyes laid upon Iraq, Iran, Syria, N. Korea, Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think there will be a heavy hit this year. I feel we're existing right now in a "phony war" situation. For those unfamiliar with that phrase, I feel we're at war with terrorism but nobody has really fired any shots yet. the war in iraq has done nothing but create terrorists and give the United States a stable staging post in the region.

After another heavy hit we'll see the true war come out, where small tit for tat daily attacks will gradually sneak their way into western society. Pipe bombs anc car bombs frequently used will install terror into the western psyche. This will lead to forces chasing down the terrorists wherever they are with little regard for anyone who stands in the way,

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
that is a scary thought come to think about it, as much VBIED's and IED's that these simplitants have created in Iraq and other various places, the spread of information on bomb making material, mainly thru the web, the last thing we need is stuff like this happening around here in the US.

I have looked into alot of info for protection info, i.e. survival handbooks, websites and other stuff, what sickens me is, the people in the US charge money for this info, that should be free, and to gain access, so that its more secure, implement security checks on member login id's for verification purposes, not to mention i believe with the world changing today, we should start teaching the populace on how to prevent such occurences, especially those who travel outside the US, for school, business, vacations and other reasons.

I know, ever since I was in the military and the training I received for counter terrorism, I still practice those methods and try to keep up, when I do travel abroad and sometime even here.

And it isnt so much as for terrorism, but this can be accessible to criminals to.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think it is odd that we have not seen any terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 9/11/01. You would think that we should have seen several suicide bombings in restaraunts, shopping malls, movie theatres and other crowded public places over the last 3 years. I seriously question who was really responsible for 9/11.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I don't think there will be a terrorist attack inside the U.S. in 2005. I went to Disney World over christmas break. So many targets and the security is so horrible that you could walk in with a suicide bomb belt with a pull over sweater and you wouldn't be turned back at the gates. All they do is search women's purses and little kid's backpacks full of juice bottles, lunches etc...

If it hasn't happen now, which would be soooo easy to do, I don't think it will happen in 2005.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Attacks could happen this year or 20 years from now, but one things for sure revenge can wait a lifetime. By disrupting the Middle East and invading Iraq all the U.S has succeeded in doing is ensuring that 9/11 attacks may be perpetrated for many years to come.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If it comes down to only a matter of time, the terrorist cause is doomed. Young people who will inherit this earth after the generation of leaders today and the terrorists who terrorize them will be more open minded.

It will be only a matter of time before democracy sweeps over Saudi Arabia and hardline countries become more open minded and less war orientated.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No, I don't think so. There hasn't been anything thus far and I don't think there wil be this year either....I think that id they could of, they would of by now...they have made threats....which have not been carried out.....I think they're having problems......

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think that it very possible especially when you consider just how open our borders are to the world. Our American / Mexican border is a joke with the Meixcan Officials laying ground fire to assist illegals get across the border. The security of our shipping yards is very laughable having in most cases only one or two people to "inspect" the numerous shipping containers that come into the ports on a daily basis.
Our food and water supplies are also vulnerableUS Water supply
Of late, ther have been 6 instances of Green (Military grade) lasers being pointed directed at the cockpits in Coldorado and 2 more in New Jersey.

Also, if you are a beliver in the 2012 / Bible code, then there must be more devastating events occuring this year (along with the rebuilding of the Temple of Solom) I myself do not hold much in this regard.
Unfortunately, we Americans are under a false sense of security here in thinking that we cannot be hit again on our land. This is in a large part due to our goverment misleading us and not letting us know of all the "soft and weak" border security. The goverment keeps harping on how secure we are by just showing how "secure" our airlines are now.
One of the things that the Goverment does not tell us is just how easy it is to actually get into the security areas at any of our airports or even how much of a security background check is done on the people who service the aircraft, who load them who fuel them. Two weeks ago, INF did a round up of illegal immigrants who were working at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport.
Enough of my ranting

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If there is a malevolent conspiracy behind the current war on terror then now would be the time for a second terror attack. If the forces behind the current terrorst threat want to establish a police state then now is the time to strike. The neo-con's haven't allowed a terror attack since 9/11 so that the legal groundwork can be laid for a police state in the occurance of another terror attack. And now that groundwork is in place.

For example, now that the Intelligence Reform act has passed creating groundwork for national ID cards, all that is needed for national ID cards to become reality is popular support.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
The neo-con's haven't allowed a terror attack since 9/11 so that the legal groundwork can be laid for a police state in the occurance of another terror attack. And now that groundwork is in place.

This implies that there have been terrorist attempts, which have been squelched. As long as that happens, the populace will remain grateful to the administration and point to their success. They will be willing to be led.

Why jeopardize all that with a staged terrorist attack? Makes no sense at all.

For example, now that the Intelligence Reform act has passed creating groundwork for national ID cards, all that is needed for national ID cards to become reality is popular support.

Are you referring to the standardized driver's licenses?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There will be a terrorist attack for the 2005. Either that or something like it like a political assasination.

The world right now, the "warring world," is in a stalemate. They need to speed up world events and another "terrorist attack" is the the surest way to accomplish it.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Are you referring to the standardized driver's licenses?

No, he isn't.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
NO. Bush & company have the 4 years they wanted now.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Most likely a U.S. based distraction event will take place this year. With the issues concerning the economy, social security, the Iraq occupation, and other problems for the Bush administration something to keep the public otherwise occupied on a different issue could take place in short order. Nothing you can do about it other than don't swallow the BS the media will give you when/if somethng like this does happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As for terror attacks being squelched by the U.S. govt. in the homeland, that hasn't happened yet either. Post 9/11 we have seen several terrorist events in the United States. The anthrax mailings, the Maryland Sniper, the Smileyface Bomber, and the WV/Ohio Sniper(s). None of the events were stopped before they were allowed to happen and the anthrax mailer and possibly the WV/Ohio Sniper(s) are still at large.

The only terror attack that was prevented before it was pulled off was with Richard Reid the Shoe Bomber. In that incident the government had no idea the attack was about to take place (again), and it was stopped by the other passengers of the flight, not by police or other federal agents. So far our government has been 0 for 6 post 9/11.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I dont think there will be an attack solely on US soil. The more I read upon this, I believe there will be an attack on the US, but it will be away from US soil. With so much troop movement within the Middle East, not talking about Iraq, that possibility may happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
you feed into it just like they want you 2, they meaning both sides. bin laden has a ton of money, if he did do it it cost a lot. this isnt a lot of money compared to what it cost us, but the point is it cost way more than most people ever have.

yes, by invading iraq we managed to feed the fire against us.

now all the 3rd worlders in the middle east hate us even more and do suicide bombs in iraq. in iraq becasue they dont have the money to attack us over here with anything significant. kinda works out perfect for gee dub, huh? there are terroist attacks all the time so we get to keep the war on terror rolling, but they cant afford to do anything hella dramitic on our soil.

new topics

top topics

join