It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is Coming October 8th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The Beta will let you experience three modes spread across three iconic planets including:

Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.

Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers and more.

starwars.ea.com...

Oh man I just saw this definitely going to be doing the open beta! It's going to be on PC, Xbone and ps4, no dice for the last gen peasants.

EA has confirmed the Star Wars Battlefront beta will be around 7GB on PS4 and Xbox One, while the PC version will clock in at around 11GB.

www.ign.com...

ker-sploosh

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Awesome! I'm not a huge Star Wars fan by any means but I know a kick ass game when I see one this looks like it could be that. PLayed the Clack Ops 3 beta and loved it so I can't wait for that to drop in November.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Between this game and Ingress I am disappearing from real life and society.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well I have heard rumblings on the net that the game is no where near completed and is very broken at the moment.

gamingbolt.com...

They have to release it in time for the movie I suppose broken or not.
edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Battlefield 4 all over again.

I'll take at look at the Beta, but I'll be wary of the actual release.

If EA push out another unfinished game to simply make a deadline it won't surprise me, and likely won't be the last time either as they seem to continually get away with it. Gamers need to demand better products from publishers, or boycott and bankrupt the studios.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Well we in the UK have just been given better refund laws and rights (30 days if a product is faulty even digital products) so I will buy it and If broken on day one of release I will get a refund.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There are glitches and bugs as to be expected.
Some freeze screen and stutter.
The idea of the "Open" Beta is to test the servers to see how they hold up and if more need put online.
The full release will not come until Dec. some time....

That is why it is an OPEN BETA, let the consumer be the test bed as they will be the ones buying it.
I got the pre-order deluxe from wally world and you get a cool Han Solo mico fridge that does both cold and warm and is AC/DC.,, for $150.00 USD.

Game is not un-playable, it has some areas that bug-out and the Devs know all to well what it is.

Test it for your self as it is a Free Beta to any and all.

Dog Out ...........

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Well I have heard rumblings on the net that the game is no where near completed and is very broken at the moment.

gamingbolt.com...

They have to release it in time for the movie I suppose broken or not.

It is not as bad as this guy states...
Yes it has some bugs but what game does not?
Movie comes out late Dec. so they have time and if they push release to close to that time frame so be it.

There is a few patches coming and one is Monday to the Alpha Testers to work out.
It will be in all hopes just fine... I can only speak from the PC side as I do not play console ....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

I hope so but it is EA.
Thats why I like steam now If a game is released and is broken you can get a refund no sweat now and Steam still gets paid no matter what so this will force game companies to release a working game otherwise they lose money.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
Between this game and Ingress I am disappearing from real life and society.

Doesn't Ingress force you out
into society to play...?

BattleFront Looks like
BattleField 4 re-skin

DICE is where its @
just not my Genre of game

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let us know what you think of it. I tend to agree with those who say it looks like a re-skinned BF4.

You can bet the game will be chopped into pieces and milked for DLC dollars - just like BF4.

Myself, I am much more excited for Fallout 4.

edit on 4-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It can't be any worse than the new Tony Hawk game

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is 4.6GB, but has a 7.7GB day one patch

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Must admit I agree.
I will buy fallout 4 and maybe get this one on sale in 6 months and it is all patched.
Not long for fallout 4.
I have booked a week off for it but it has not been sanctioned yet due to staff levels at work.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

36 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Tempted to spalsh out on this.

store.bethsoft.com...

I have gotten the fallout 3 special edition with the lunchbox but my very own pip boy? I may never take it off lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

!!!!!!!!!!
I thought those were already sold out!

edit: you catch this? ONLY AVAILABLE TO SHIP TO THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yup just been attempting to order one.....lol.
I know a game store locally which always gets limited editions so I will ring them up tmr.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

EA is not afraid to release a broken and half finished game. Look at the abortion that is called battlefield 4.
I bought an xbox one just for BF4, was told the reason why it played like garbage on 360 was because it was a next gen game....boy did they lie threw their teeth over and over and over....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Dood !
i know ...so pissed @ self

for missing the opportunity
to order the limited Edition FO4[PipBoy]

FO3 lunch box was kewl,
But your very own Pipboy
to dork out on ....

hate to say I think it requires
Your cell phone to work

Pipboy Guts

people already have their pre-orders
up on E-bay

Lysergic
my apologies for the D-rail

Battlefront again not really feeling it....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join