It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whats to stop someone building a bomb now, then also going out and shooting people up with a legal gun. Could it be because bombs are illegal, so there for it rarely happens? Unlike mass shootings.

btw, I'd rather take on some crazy person with a knife, than a semi-automatic gun any day... At least with the knife you have some kind of fighting chance.

Hour so know criminals don't care about the law right?

Mass murderers are basically never people you would consider as traditional criminals... There usually always just anti-social losers who decide they want to die, then take out as much people as possible on there way out... simply because they have easy access to a firearm.

Lol, but killing others being illegal doesn't stop it from happening.

Oh yeah, that old logic of murder is already illegal, so restricting firearms wouldn't stop anyone from committing murder.

So... how's that warped logic turning out for the good old United States?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

I said clearly....IF you are a American citizen gun owner today YOU are the NEW terrorists and should be labelled that way.

I own a gun. I have never shot anyone. I have never had to even show my firearm for protection. My firearm has only been fired at a shooting range designed for the purpose of using my firearm. No one has ever been injured due to my firearm. Explain in detail please how I am a terrorist?

Let's do something radical, let's remove emotion from this issue and let us talk actual facts.

1. According to the stats from 2014 there were 12,563 deaths due to guns.

2. Of those deaths, 284 people died as a result of "mass shootings".

3. 3,212 were "Officer related" shootings.

4. 1,584 were "defensive use" shootings.

Those are the facts.

Know what else is a fact?

1. In 2013 there were 43,982 drug overdose deaths.

2. Of those deaths, 22,767 were due to prescription drugs.

If you really want to go by the numbers then tell me, who is the real terrorist?
edit on 4-10-2015 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Listen, law abiding gun owners are not the problem...Guns are tools, and in the wrong hands they can result in carnage.

As much as I would like some form of Gun control to take effect...The right to bear arms is in the constitution and in my opinion, it's a very thin line to walk.

I believe that a combination of mental health reform and different types of background checks are necessary and if both sides come and work together...I do believe that we can come up with a solution that does not infringe upon the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms.

I don't believe law abiding gun owners want mentally ill people to have access to guns...and I don't believe liberals want to infringe upon the constitutional rights of their fellow Americans, because I sure don't.

If both sides dropped the rhetoric and came together to find a solution to this problem then we could resolve it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whats to stop someone building a bomb now, then also going out and shooting people up with a legal gun. Could it be because bombs are illegal, so there for it rarely happens? Unlike mass shootings.

btw, I'd rather take on some crazy person with a knife, than a semi-automatic gun any day... At least with the knife you have some kind of fighting chance.

Hour so know criminals don't care about the law right?

Mass murderers are basically never people you would consider as traditional criminals... There usually always just anti-social losers who decide they want to die, then take out as much people as possible on there way out... simply because they have easy access to a firearm.

Lol, but killing others being illegal doesn't stop it from happening.

Oh yeah, that old logic of murder is already illegal, so restricting firearms wouldn't stop anyone from committing murder.

So... how's that warped logic turning out for the good old United States?

Just fine actually!!!

The US has a pretty low violent crime rate, and unlike the spin you are believing, you are quite safe from violence in most of the country.

I live in the Midwest, in central Indiana, Indiana has had some of the most relaxed gun laws for ever, we were gun heaven USA when Texas had some pretty tough gun restrictions by Indiana standards.

We have very low violent crime, unless you go to the bigger cities.

Out here in the country, it can take more than 30 minutes to over an hour to get a police officer there.

We are our only means of defense.

No brainer really

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

You sound like a butthurt little nobody. Labeling people because they do not follow what you think and wishing harm on them and their families, just so you can be vindicated in your little opinion. You are probably the type who would file false reports on concealed carry permit holders, just to get them harassed by police.
I'll tell you the same thing I tell all the anti gun loonies.
My guns are going no where.
Get used to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Yeah your right, Indiana does have a fairly low gun murder rate, in comparison to the rest of the US.

But still, Indiana has a fairly low population density and yet has an average of around 150 gun murders a year, even though they only have a population of around 6.5 million.

Where as the UK has a very high population density and total population of about 60 million. Yet the entire UK only averages about 150 gun murders a year as well.

When a population of 6.5 million has the same gun murder rate as a population as 60 million... You can't honestly try and claim there isn't a serious problem, right?

Sources,

Gun violence, by US state
gunpolicy.org/UK

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Listen, law abiding gun owners are not the problem...Guns are tools, and in the wrong hands they can result in carnage. 

As much as I would like some form of Gun control to take effect...The right to bear arms is in the constitution and in my opinion, it's a very thin line to walk. 

I agree with that!
A star on your post.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I find it hard to take this thread seriously having read the OP surely this has to be satire?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So surely you must have some ideas about executing all Muslims as well eh? Because if mass murders in America have become a normality, mass murders by Muslims are as common as the sunrise.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

That's a loopy logic right there. Everyone owns a knife too. Do you own one? You must be a terrorist, because knives kill all the time.

You clearly have a zealous and hateful nature. That's what's really scary, not guns.

You have a political agenda and are willing to resort to extreme and radical lengths to support it.

Who's the terrorist again?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yep. He can have mine. Lead part first. a reply to: infolurker

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It there country.

The fact is the US people want to keep there guns.

There constitution which is at the core of there country backs that up and will do until 75% agree otherwise.

No one can therefore do any legal banning.

Any way the knee jerk reposonces and retarded arguments on BOTH sides of this thread are pathetic.
edit on 4-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
There constitution which is at the core of there country backs that up and will do until 75% agree otherwise.

But there not even allowed to hold a peaceful protest, unless they get written consent from there government (or rulers). Even though its meant to be a constitutional right to hold a peaceful protest, at will.

But, I do get your point... Sometimes, I feel like a moth to the flame, lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hi from NC

New terrorist here, just wanted to say hello while I was cleaning my XDS .45 pistol. She's a beaut. Im accurate from 60 yards with this thing. She's great. Well I got to go. Take care

Love Jay
3%

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

How about inner city gang members who mostly own their guns illegally?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

Yeah your right, Indiana does have a fairly low gun murder rate, in comparison to the rest of the US.

But still, Indiana has a fairly low population density and yet has an average of around 150 gun murders a year, even though they only have a population of around 6.5 million.

Where as the UK has a very high population density and total population of about 60 million. Yet the entire UK only averages about 150 gun murders a year as well.

When a population of 6.5 million has the same gun murder rate as a population as 60 million... You can't honestly try and claim there isn't a serious problem, right?

Sources,

Gun violence, by US state
gunpolicy.org/UK

But the UK has much more violent crimethan Indiana, and many more murders.

You seem to only mind gun murders, like the rest don't matter or something.

Murder is murder, why is it more murderous to you if a gun was involved?

You used the stats in a very leading way on purpose it seems to me.

By comparison of fun deaths.

Not true stats murders for murders or violent crime for violent crime.

Of course there will be more gun murders in a place like Indiana where you litteraly see an open carry or conceiled carry everywhere you go.

Vs the UK where very few have guns, because we have more guns in private hands in Indiana than every private owned gun in Britain.

It is simple lottery.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Lol good luck. The American Population is the heaviest armed people on the planet, and the main reason we've not been invaded by foreign powers. I just went out and bought another shotgun yesterday.
What a stupid way of thinking. Let's just ban all the guns so Criminals can have easy access. We banned alcohol and it created empires, we banned drugs and it created empires, and a Profit Prison Industry.
The instant guns are banned I'll create my own empire.

People will give up anything when a barrel's inches away from their face.

Thanks for all the fish.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
I find it hard to take this thread seriously having read the OP surely this has to be satire?

If it is, its pure comedy gold. I don't think it is. I think we're witnessing an epic ATS meltdown thread in progress. I'm surprised the mods have let it go this long.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
We all have labels. I imagine there are several for the OP. Calling my children terrorists is just one more example of the left being intolerant of everything to the right. Call me what you will, oh well, but DO NOT attack my family... I only have so much pity, don't test it.
edit on 4-10-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: lamplighters

If it is, its pure comedy gold. I don't think it is. I think we're witnessing an epic ATS meltdown thread in progress. I'm surprised the mods have let it go this long.

I am glad this is staying up and, frankly, I would be disturbed if it was censored.

This is a great example of the unadulterated irrationality of totalitarian zealotry.

I could be convinced that it is contrived but, even if it was, it would still be representative of a significant proportion of the deranged anti-constitutional psychopaths who will forever ensure the necessity to defend our liberty.

Bravo!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join