It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: seagull

I'd definitely rather be shot than stabbed. Instant death or slow bleeding out? I'll take the former.

Point is, none of these mass shootings would have had such a high number of dead victims, if the shooter had a knife, instead of a gun.

Just ask that army vet who coped 7 bullets, after charging the shooter in this most recent mass shooting, just ask him if he wishes the shooter had a knife instead of a semi-automatic firearm... I guarantee you he would have been able to put a stop to it right there, if it was a knife, rather than a gun.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It's impossible to say what would have happened had this monster not had access to guns. Would he have brought knives and axes? Or taken a bit more time and made a fertilizer bomb?

It's a moot argument.

We need to deal with what is.

What is, is there is an issue facing us. What causes these young men to do these things?

The premise of this thread is, quite obviously, not the answer. The answer lies somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Anything can be used as a weapon, although firearms are weapons with no other purpose. In addition to that, psychologically, it is much harder to attack anyone with knife or whatever other everyday object is used. With a firearm, one can just shoot from a distance, especially when in rage and this has higher chance of killing someone. Using any everyday object with practical use as a weapon, requires far more self-control, planning, proximity. It is bloodier due to immediate distance. Psychologically speaking, firearms are the easiest way of murdering someone as well hardest to defend oneself / escape from by victims.
edit on 4-10-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The Oklahoma City bombing had 6 times as many deaths as the shooting in Oregon. If guns are banned and someone can't get ahold of an illegal one, they'll find other ways to kill people. You can easily Google how to build a bomb.

How many lives have been saved by guns? I know it can't exactly be answered but guns can also be used to save lives, not just take them away.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

a reply to: projectbane

So since you don't believe his story, you believe he is a liar. Even semantics don't change that fact.

Self defense is a pretty good reason I think. The government will NEVER be able to confiscate every single gun.What happens when they take the guns from those who have them registered? The ones with illegal guns will have an easier time committing crimes because less guns equals less resistance.

Your idea doesn't make any sense. If ALL guns could be taken away for sure, then maybe you'd have a good argument, but that's impossible at this point.

Like I said, if the guns are taken away, they'll revert to bombs. You can't confiscate bombs before they're made.

Your whole post is ill thought out.

Poor in every way. The only people that might require some sort of firearm or restraining weapon are those that require them for their job of compliance and order! Civilians are not educated or senesible enough to own them. A kid of theirs dies...they fly off the handle and murder someone. Someone hates their boss..goes home get their gun and bang..dead boss. It all to easy in teh US to take that gun and murder someone or kill en masse

So you're saying we should ban all guns but only the police and people who need them should have them? Am I understanding that correctly?

If we banned all guns why would the police still need guns???

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: seagull

I'd definitely rather be shot than stabbed. Instant death or slow bleeding out? I'll take the former.

Point is, none of these mass shootings would have had such a high number of dead victims, if the shooter had a knife, instead of a gun.

Just ask that army vet who coped 7 bullets, after charging the shooter in this most recent mass shooting, just ask him if he wishes the shooter had a knife instead of a semi-automatic firearm... I guarantee you he would have been able to put a stop to it right there, if it was a knife, rather than a gun.

Ever hear of the 21 foot rule? It goes something like this.

Me... Knife

You... Gun

Distance... < 21 feet

= You dead...

With that being said... I can imagine someone with a knife taking out a good many people, IF he knew what he was doing and where to go and how to go about it.

Sides... There are other alternatives to guns that can do even more damage.
edit on 4-10-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

(post by 5thNovember removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I agree with the OP to a certain extent .
Nothing makes me annoyed more than say
a 2yo grabbing his parents loaded pistol
and discharging it at them. Happens a lot.
Or say a fully drugged gang fight amongst
innocent bystanders .
Or a school massacre .
OR etc.,etc,. .. on and on into infinity ,
only getting worse and more frequent as
the crazies get crazier .
One look at liveleak and you'll see very
disturbed people acting out everyday !
And America seems prominent in those events.

However , practicality says that with SO many
guns , and SO many owners that have the 'pry
it from my dead hands' mentality , trying to
take them away will be impossible.
They will bury them,hide them,anything to
preserve their power trip.

The only practical first step is to tax/insure
EVERY bullet made , to compensate the
families of the victims (when appropriate)
Or outlaw anything over a .22 calibre and
reduce the power in each bullet .
Gradually seize anything bigger than that.

I mean WHY would ANYONE need a huge Magnum
pistol , they are a handheld cannon.
RIDICULOUS !

Then of course, chase down the bolack(the new black)
market that will surely arise .

Good luck with that ...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Ever hear of the 21 foot rule? It goes something like this.

Me... Knife

You... Gun

Distance... < 21 feet

= You dead...

Its claims like this, which proves most people aren't even prepared to look at this issue in a realistic manner.

You... come charging at me from 6.5 metres away with a knife

Me... bang, bang, bang... its all over!

With that being said... I can imagine someone with a knife taking out a good many people, IF he knew what he was doing and where to go and how to go about it.

Yeah, but fact is none of these mass shooters ever appear to have any formal training, or any real idea about what there doing. They only ever usually do what they do because its just as easy as pulling a trigger.

The Oklahoma bombing is a completely different issue, since it was a planned politically motivated terrorist attack. The government already spends hundreds of millions of dollars to prevent these attacks... Yet the public refuses to allow the government to do anything about gun violence... Obama covered this contradiction of American policy in his speech.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Sorry man, that is a realistic fact. It's been tried and found true. Ask any police officer. For the time it takes that officer to unholster his weapon, point and pull, that person with the knife is already on top of you. Consider that the officer already has that gun at his side and expects such possibilities. You or I as a civilian with a holster does not maintain that mentality and I believe it would take even longer to draw down.

...unless you're John Wayne, of course

edit on 4-10-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So, as many others have pointed out, by removing the guns, the crazies will find a new method to kill others.

Just the other day, Sept 30th of 2015, 50 people were killed by knife-wielding men in China.

Artle about 50 killed in China

Banning an item won't stop people from killing each other, even in mass instances. The above link points out that this happened in a concentrated area, a mining camp. Fifty people were killed, another 50 wounded.

In this country, we are entitled to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Self-defense falls under "Life", and seeing that self-defense is part of maintaining ones life, everyone has the right to it. Not many people offer knife attacker defense courses.

Feel free to label people how you wish, Bane, you have the opinion and the right to do so, for now. Should your wishes come to pass, you may not be allowed to say what you want / think so freely.

Personally, if you feel "terrorized" by people owning and concealing firearms, perhaps it would be in your best interest to relocate to a place that doesn't allow their citizens to own personal firearms.

Best of Luck.. May you always be strong and virulent enough to defend yourself with your bodily skill. However, your age and physical deterioration will eventually render you old, and weak.. In that case, may you always be safe, and never come into a bad situation, Bane.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

In this country, we are entitled to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Shame about the people who were shot down in there prime in this recent mass shooting, keeping in mind that the US is the only developed country where mass shootings regularly occur.

I guess they don't have the right to life, liberty and pursuit to happiness... But as long as you still do, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Plus we have drones now so, please bring your guns to a drone fight!!

We have drones now....
So ISIS was defeated by the US?
I guess we all missed that news.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I live in an area where we have to deal with grizzly bears and mountain lions. Bear spray is a last resort because it blinds you, especially if you have to fire it upwind. It also attracts bears after you use it because they can smell it for miles. Here when you go hiking in the backwoods, its really important to have a powerful handgun. A few weeks ago I was stalked by a mountain lion. I was glad to have a powerful handgun with me. a reply to: radarloveguy

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

It might not make sense to you....but in every institution that requires discipline and order (which should also cover society) blanket punishment is the norm. One person messes up you all get punished.

Hmmm.
Some guy in Waukegan robbed a minimart.... shouldn't you be in jail right now?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
what about women who cc for protection of not only their body (it's their right not to be raped) but also their young children's?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

DONT BE SURPRISED IF THIS THREAD GETS TOSSED BY THEN.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT SWEETIE.

Don't hold your breath waiting.
It is more likely that a thread with links and videos will be deleted because it questions the official story.
It happened yesterday.
This crap will stay up here though.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whats to stop someone building a bomb now, then also going out and shooting people up with a legal gun. Could it be because bombs are illegal, so there for it rarely happens? Unlike mass shootings.

btw, I'd rather take on some crazy person with a knife, than a semi-automatic gun any day... At least with the knife you have some kind of fighting chance.

I'm sorry, but did you just say that bombs being illegal is why people don't make them more often?

Lol, but killing others being illegal doesn't stop it from happening.

You do know criminals don't care about the law right?

Only those that follow the law are effected by it.

BTW, criminals are the ones you are after, not those that follow the law.
edit on 4-10-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

In this country, we are entitled to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Shame about the people who were shot down in there prime in this recent mass shooting, keeping in mind that the US is the only developed country where mass shootings regularly occur.

I guess they don't have the right to life, liberty and pursuit to happiness... But as long as you still do, I suppose.

I like how you mention "Only developed country where mass shootings regularly occur".. Your forgetting that people, for the most part, are still animals. It doesn't matter where you go in this world, you will always find them. How many people are shot and killed (or killed by machete, for that matter) in Africa, or Mexico, or South America? How many are killed in China, Mongolia, or other places that you never hear about?

Yes, it's a shame that young people were shot and killed. It's a crazy world, and people are only loosing their minds faster and faster. Rest assured, you'll hear about all the crazy here in America, tho, because we have blood-thirsty media chasing every story, and almost glorifying the guy who pulled the trigger on those poor kids. And it's covered 24/7, they'll even interrupt your Saturday morning cartoons over it.

The world is NOT a safe place, and it was never meant to be a safe place.. People feel safest, right before they die. It's a great thing to think about, the world being a safe place, full of rainbows and butterflies. Sadly, the reality is much different, and due to the human element, it will never be that dream.

In my opinion, gun free zones give the illusion of safety, and that is why they are chosen for mass-murder, very limited chance of anyone resisting you. In fact, it was shortly after the gun-free zones were created, that mass-school shootings started happening, Columbine being the first in a ever-growing list. Tho the gun-free zone law was passed in 1990, it did not take full effect until 2 years before the Columbine shooting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join