It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Does calling people boy and son suppose to make you sound tough?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What's to stop somebody from running down the street stabbing everyone they see with a knife or building a few bombs and placing them around a heavily populated area and setting them off? Banning guns doesn't solve a damn thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of ANY kind of weapon whose sole purpose is for killing, but they're so prevalent at this point that they are necessary for defense from other people with them.

I don't own a gun, but I'm not against it either.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

DONT BE SURPRISED IF THIS THREAD GETS TOSSED BY THEN.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT SWEETIE.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"It fairer on the animal....level playing field. BUT thats not the American!!"

So now in addition to insulting legal gun owners by labeling them terrorists, and insulting anyone with autism as you said they need to be fenced in and put in boxes; now you insult America by insinuating Americans cant work with a level playing field.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ah I see, you get to call me a terrorist for owning guns, but I get called a "boy" for thinking you are an idiot for blaming an inanimate object for social issues....

Ok, you ARE an idiot, and I am a terrorist...boy...

edit on 4-10-2015 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whats to stop someone building a bomb now, then also going out and shooting people up with a legal gun. Could it be because bombs are illegal, so there for it rarely happens? Unlike mass shootings.

btw, I'd rather take on some crazy person with a knife, than a semi-automatic gun any day... At least with the knife you have some kind of fighting chance.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So why have you not got out your gun and fought for your freedoms within your country?

Because it isn't necessary at this juncture. Though if I were the terrorist you seem to think I am, wouldn't I already have my gun(s) out, and be using them??? Seems I would, doesn't it?

IS there a reason?

Nope. Not at this point in time. Because there are, as yet, other avenues open to solving problems. Though, were your fondest wishes to come true, and I was declared a terrorist by a govt. such as you advocate, then yes, my guns would indeed come out...and by your definition, I would, indeed, become a criminal, along with many millions of my fellow Americans.

But, 'bane, I fight for my freedoms without using my gun(s), because the Constitution, which you would use as toilet paper allows me to retain my freedoms by other means. Guns are the tool of last resort in this circumstance. Because America is a Republic. Not the tyranny you are advocating with your silly rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

When one is hunting for food, what the hell does fair have to do with anything?

...and since I don't hunt for fun, fair doesn't apply.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Fail to comply and government bill should be introduced that also labels your families and children as Terrorists.

You said a mouth full right there. That's all you had to say. At that precise moment, I knew what category to put you in.

For someone who values life SOOOOO much to take away every gun from every person in the US, to go to the extent of not only branding the owner a terrorist, but you would go as far as branding and destroying the whole family and children as well. CHILDREN!

Wow. You seriously need to loose the stress or you'll be one of those guys we're seeing on TV, taking out some establishment. You see... YOU'RE the kinda person I worry about owning a gun. Not your average American.

ETA:

You take away my guns... I'll come after you with sticks, rocks and knives to get them back!!!

One must consider... Is the gun owner safe because guns aren't needed? Or... Is the gun owner safe because he has a gun?
(Or enough people have them that the perp wouldn't know the majority had them or not)

That's exactly the mind set we have about government. Are we safe from government tyranny because the government is really cool or is it because they know we're armed to the teeth...

edit on 4-10-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Have you forgotten about the Oklahoma City bombing or Centennial Park bombing? Making something illegal doesn't stop people from using them.

If guns are banned, what's to stop someone from getting an illegal one and still shooting people anyways? Nothing is. So why take guns away from those who use them lawfully?

Your argument doesn't hold any water. Guns are so prevalent that banning them wouldn't stop anything at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

btw, I'd rather take on some crazy person with a knife, than a semi-automatic gun any day...

Not sure I agree with that. Having been stabbed on a couple of occasions, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather be shot...it'd be a cleaner wound, assuming nothing horribly vital was hit.

Being stabbed hurts like a... Well, a lot.

At least with the knife you have some kind of fighting chance.

They're closer, anyway...

Not sure the danger is any less, however...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'd definitely rather be shot than stabbed. Instant death or slow bleeding out? I'll take the former.
edit on 10/4/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I cant believe this thread is still alive.

And no, I did not read past the first page. ATS had it pretty well covered.

Don't feed the trolls, or the insane.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You sir, and I use this word as forcefully as I can. ..are a dumbass.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Bravo. I think the government should round up and corral all those who got riled up by your suggestion just for being moronic Bane. Come on back in the morning to see how many more you can rouse out of their caves.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I fully understand the anger by responders to this thread.

I am a gun owner. I grew up shooting and hunting as it is very much a way of life where I live. I own guns for four reasons:

1. Self-protection - I refuse to be a victim. I believe it is my right to protect myself. Everyone deserves that right. Even you.

2. Hunting - I grew up hunting and it is a way of life for me as previously stated. I only kill what I can eat. I always abide by the law. I have a deep respect for the tradition, wildlife and conservation. I am trying to move towards bow hunting as I think it is more fair to the game I hunt. Hunting keeps me in touch with my ancestry and what it means to be human.... Not to mention the health benefits of eating wild game.

3. Teaching self-defense and safety- I have taught my girlfriend to handle guns confidently and safely. I have also taught many other friends. I want everyone to be able to protect themselves. Rape and sexual assault are a massive problem throughout the world and America is no exception. I am proud of the work I've done to help women in particular learn to handle guns safely. I wish we didn't live in a world where women have to deal with monsters, but we must work with what reality has given us - the good, the bad, and the outright evil. Guns are not evil, but some people are.

4. Fun - as I said, shooting for sport is a way of life where I live. I thoroughly enjoy shooting and so do my friends. We are all safe, responsible, good people.

Calling gun owners terrorists is extremely offensive and unfair. 99.999% of gun owners are good, law abiding patriotic Americans who love their country and have a deep respect for human life. You should rethink your opinions. I may disagree with you ardently, but I still respect you. I have no doubt that you also possess a deep respect for human life and have only the best intentions. I simply ask that you show me and all other law abiding gun owners that same respect. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
And next on the list should be your ability to speak out against subjects you hold dear on the internet. Want to complain when your politicians do nothing as usual....well you better not cause they ban one item the become emboldened enough to take another and another. I am no gun fan but one step in the wrong direction is another and another...politicians are stupid and scared and if you believe that banning something is going to well ban it then you need to be a politician. Remember prohibition ? Went real well....the war on drugs....hmmm....lots of power to ban items but they cant seem to get it right....they certainly would make exceptions for of course themselves....those Hollywood friends need protection right....nothing will change by prohibiting something, all it does is to create a bigger market for the banned item.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I assume your some kind of Beta that wants everyone to be as weak and defenseless as yourself? Your idea of "equality"?

I do not agree with OP, although this post made me a bit irritated.

I would rather say I see getting a gun as being Beta, than the opposite. One needs to feel weak/defenseless to get a weapon for defense. I come from a culture where guns are generally seen negatively. Pretty much no one has one other than hunters and sharpshooters. Getting a gun is more like a penis extension. An analogue would be getting a sports car / powerful car in order to feel more powerful / attract more women. If you can´t get your stuff handled naturally, one needs the "extra stuff".

Of course, the cultures differ, although it is generally hard to understand the way how Americans need to feel more secure. All those extreme security systems, guns etc. I do not need any of these to feel more secure. If a burglary, I just use my fists. Burglars are like rats or bugs. One might find them scary, but in the end they are more afraid you than you should be of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Why in the world would getting a gun be analogous to getting a penis extension, whether for self defense or otherwise.

I've defended my self without guns, and I've the scars to prove it. I defended myself once with a gun, and never even touched the trigger. The gentleman in question saw it, and scrammed.

Now which do you suppose I preferred?

Getting into a knock down drag out fight, where the outcome might not be to my liking, I am afterall, not getting any younger. Or, pulling out my revolver, letting the would be burglar see it, and him leaving.

That's not reaffirming my manhood, as you imply, it's called being smart.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You had better bring guns when you try to take mine OP.

I went out to breakfast this morning at IHOP. Went to bass pro shop bought some ammo and a new holster. Then I went and got gas. Picked up my girl and went to the movies then got milkshakes afterward. ALL WHILE CARRYING A GUN! (Sig P238). The crazy thing is nobody got hurt. I didn't terrorize anybody. Matter of fact nobody even knew I had a gun. So am I a terrorist for watching movies and getting milkshakes while packing heat?

I don't know why I even asked that in the first place. Your opinion of me means nothing. My dog has a better head on his shoulders.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join