It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: crazyewok

What about level 5 with the zombies?.
Can you have a gun in with them?.

Haha i think by that point your so much up # creek it dont matter

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Some doable solutions would be appropriate education for firearms handling, effective and efficient screening of firearms purchasers/owners and amending the 2nd Ammendment.

This from page 25.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: projectbane

Fail to comply and government bill should be introduced that also labels your families and children as Terrorists.

Then kill them with guns?

And this insanity got + stars?

Are you an American btw?

My view on this subject may be different to yours. BUT it is MY view and I am entitled to say it....UNLESS you wish to have freedom of speech limited in the coming future? DO you?

The biggest threat on US soil to innocent civilians is the CIVILIAN gun owner. As these massacres and MASS murder shooting have proved over the last few years.

Terrorism comes in all forms....RIGHT now...its US civilian GUN owners.

Why not? As long as we're trimming the fat off the constitution don't stop with the second. Let's muzzle people too, due process out the window. I love being a terrorist. I think I will go with the name achmed for the current thread
edit on 5-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've avoided this thread since it was posted because I found it to be very weak bait. However, I suppose I should make my position on the issue clear as a new member.

As a non-gun owning U.S. citizen I view the second amendment as one of our most important rights. On the matter of laws restricting that right, I feel as though I should be allowed to own a .50 caliber fully automatic machine gun, but only after going through a background check and mental health evaluation, as well as completing courses designed to ensure I am capable and responsible enough to own one.

If I want a hunting rifle or a small caliber handgun, a background check should be enough.

I suppose I should prepare for the liberals (of which I am one) and foreigners to burn me at the stake.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So, what doable solutions do you folk bring to the table?
Surely you can see that something needs to be done.
How many more people have to die?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

Some doable solutions would be appropriate education for firearms handling, effective and efficient screening of firearms purchasers/owners and amending the 2nd Ammendment.

This from page 25.

What type of amendment ? Also you think there will ever come a time when enough of congress and state legislators would agree to change the second????? I said doable. Won't happen. Also we have background checks, what more screening would you suggest? Education I am all for and agree with you on that.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

WE HAVE said repeatedly THERE WOULD BE BLOODSHED to try this... So ,what's your point?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

There already is bloodshed.
How much is enough?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Area 51 and HIGHER?
NOPE but you never leave...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So, what doable solutions do you folk bring to the table?
Surely you can see that something needs to be done.
How many more people have to die?

Gun Education, get pharmaceutical companies along with the mental health industry in check so they quit prescribing these meds for every little issue. Most importantly quit coddling our children. Failure is not a bad thing, it happens. Kids need to be taught how to deal with it when growing up. Though a lot these days never do grow up. Their fantasy world of the stupidity they were taught while young runs straight into reality. They can't handle or deal with failure. They snap.

I would make gun education part of school curriculum just like drivers education. (Depending on where you live). There is also a parent's responsibility to be involved, just like they should with things like drugs, sex, alcohol. Parents need to be teaching responsibility on guns too. This is a pipe dream though. Too many poor parents out there who have no real involvement with their kids. We can't legislate poor parenting though.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A civil war would be more than enough...BUT then again we see this..www.bbc.com...

And wonder when you're going to figure it out.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Considering criminals state they fear armed citizens, eliminating gun free zones would be a good place to start.

It's very telling that every politician who supports more unconstitutional gun control feel the need to preface their comments by deeming them "reasonable" or "common sense". You can be 100% sure that any gun control law put forth by those people will be neither reasonable or common sensical.

There are already laws in place prohibiting people who have been adjudicated mentally ill from owning guns.

Want a solution? Studying the effects of SSRI's on people would be a good place to start, and by study I mean outside investigations, not those conducted by the manufacturers of said drugs.

A gun is a tool...an inanimate object incapable of independent action. As much as its been said, people overlook the importance of acknowledging people are the problem, not the tool. Even if all guns were removed tomorrow, if you want to kill a large number of people, there are other ways to do it.

If guns were removed and an outbreak of mass killings happened by people driving their car into crowds of people, would you support banning cars?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaltyRibeye

Considering criminals state they fear armed citizens, eliminating gun free zones would be a good place to start.

It's very telling that every politician who supports more unconstitutional gun control feel the need to preface their comments by deeming them "reasonable" or "common sense". You can be 100% sure that any gun control law put forth by those people will be neither reasonable or common sensical.

There are already laws in place prohibiting people who have been adjudicated mentally ill from owning guns.

Want a solution? Studying the effects of SSRI's on people would be a good place to start, and by study I mean outside investigations, not those conducted by the manufacturers of said drugs.

A gun is a tool...an inanimate object incapable of independent action. As much as its been said, people overlook the importance of acknowledging people are the problem, not the tool. Even if all guns were removed tomorrow, if you want to kill a large number of people, there are other ways to do it.

If guns were removed and an outbreak of mass killings happened by people driving their car into crowds of people, would you support banning cars?

There would still be the black market, pretty large and not hard to access. Let's say it gets pulled off, I would venture to guess home made bombs, and other forms of mass killing would grow.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7

There already is bloodshed.
How much is enough?

Ask the inner city gangs, they kill way more on a year to year basis than any of the " mass shooters" they just don't get the publicity.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

No, they're mostly BLACK and HISPANIC...that which is NOT to be claimed...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

People like you write about are the kind of person who dies in a mass shooting. I am the kind of person who, using a gun, prevents a shooting from becoming a mass shooting. The solution to mass shootings is obviously more guns. There was a US veteran who was shot five times in the last shooting. That veteran should have been carrying a firearm, and should have been using it on that day.

The principle and several teachers of each and every school should carry firearms, with a mix of open-carry and concealed carry. Problem solved, completely, overnight. Any questions?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To everyone who keeps calling this bait and this person a troll, you either do not know what these words mean or you cannot spot a genuine %100 angry ideologue when you see one.

I can't call a shill when I see one on ats anymore, but I can make a thread labeling a large swath of the users terrorists..

Ats is literally a microcosm of the united states.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Too bad sedition against the US and the Constitution is no longer a law on the books.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
Too bad sedition against the US and the Constitution is no longer a law on the books.

That makes you as bad as the OP.

He has the right to free speech like you have the right to a gun regardless of if he is spouting crap you disagree with.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join