It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why yes we do need the law for that. We are a nation of the rule of law.

You see I'm not even suggesting taking away anything from the innocent, just doing a better job of keeping guns out of the hands of the crazies. Sadly there are just too many fools who for money would sell a gun to anyone for profit and we need some way to control that and punish those who do so.
edit on 10/4/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Let's not try to use a biased source you dink.
I'm not brainwashed, nor am I manipulated into thinking.

Having used a firearm to defend myself multiple times, both outside my home and inside one, I can confidently say that we need guns more than we need "common sense"(which is neither sensible nor common) gun laws.

Your own statistics will tell you how many people merely brandished a firearm to dissuade an intruder.
They didn't even have to use it!
THE MERE PROMISE of intent to use that firearm has made thousands of criminals flee into the night.

www.top10stop.com...
www.fbi.gov... de_data_table_15_justifiable_homicide_by_weapon_private_citizen_2008-2012.xls
www.guncite.com...

Go crawl back into whatever dream world you came from and stay there.

You still didn't answer me how an old lady might defend herself without a .44 magnum.
Nor did you answer me why automobiles and pools kill more kids than firearms yet they are still allowed to sexist.
And how do you propose that all of gun owning terrorists lose our constitutionally protected firearms while also taking the firearms of criminals?

Is there a magic gun magnet that only takes away firearms from non government/corporate agents?

Please, explain me this.
I know my lack of a college degree has left me a naive, uneducated fool with little to no vocabulary and cultural insight, so I need a college educated person to explain me this.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: skunkape23

So you agree gun training is important.

I can not say "Absolutely" enough times.
Dip#s with a gun are dangerous.
I knew a guy when I was young that used a rifle for a walking stick while crossing a log.
He is no longer with us.

edit on 4-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I disagree. Should a paper manufacturer be responsible for what someone else writes on the product they sold?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

oh come on you know thats not what I meant.
just goes to show you obviously have no answers and will do nothing despite you owning a gun.
many bleat that guns are for fighting against a tyrannical government but seeing you already have one (how many times have you told us all this neo?) and did nothing well it makes you full of bluster and hot air.
face it neo you will do nothing, you have done nothing and will continue doing nothing apart from bleat, the gun you have has no purpose against any tyrannical government because you have all let them take your freedoms already.
So come on stop doing what you are famous for on ATS (dodging questions) and tell me when you would actually use the tool you think gives you freedom for?.
You have not used it yet have you despite your freedoms being taken away have you?.
So come on what does it take for your to fight a tyrannical government?.
Inb fact all you guys moaning about the government and (obama) have done nowt but talk makes you all cowards or just hypocrites waiting for someone else to do something about it all.
edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Success has many faces.

Jihadist Shooter Kills Two in “Gun-Free” Australia

edit on Oct-04-2015 by xuenchen because: #guncontrol

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Who is talking about giving up essential liberty. You see there is the problem, it's all or nothing.

That is what gun control does.

The background check is exactly that asking the STATE for permission to buy a firearm.

Then according to a predetermined set of criteria those congressman couldn't even pass the American might be granted the 'privilege' of owning one.

Stuff like that.

edit on 4-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

When tyranny becomes law.

WHEN it becomes law? If you weren't so focused on 250 year old writings, you would see that it's already happened in a very insidious and modern way. This isn't the Renaissance Festival. We don't live in the 1700's. It's strange how people like you, who are so focused on the constitution, take it out of context so easily.

Rebellion becomes duty.

You're never going to rebel, so just stop it. No one else in America is either. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Why yes we do need the law for that. We are a nation of the rule of law.

I call us the nation of subjugation.

The American of today, in fact, probably enjoys less personal liberty than any other man of Christendom, and even his political liberty is fast succumbing to the new dogma that certain theories of government are virtuous and lawful, and others abhorrent and felonious. Laws limiting the radius of his free activity multiply year by year: It is now practically impossible for him to exhibit anything describable as genuine individuality, either in action or in thought, without running afoul of some harsh and unintelligible penalty. It would surprise no impartial observer if the motto “In God we trust” were one day expunged from the coins of the republic by the Junkers at Washington, and the far more appropriate word, “verboten,” substituted. Nor would it astound any save the most romantic if, at the same time, the goddess of liberty were taken off the silver dollars to make room for a bas-relief of a policeman in a spiked helmet. Moreover, this gradual (and, of late, rapidly progressive) decay of freedom goes almost without challenge; the American has grown so accustomed to the denial of his constitutional rights and to the minute regulation of his conduct by swarms of spies, letter-openers, informers and agents provocateurs that he no longer makes any serious protest.

en.wikiquote.org...

Mencken called it so many years ago.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Where did I say anything about holding the manufacturers accountable?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh and just to point out this BS you need guns to overthrow a tyrannical government look at Ghandi.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

WHEN it becomes law? If you weren't so focused on 250 year old writings, you would see that it's already happened in a very insidious and modern way. This isn't the Renaissance Festival. We don't live in the 1700's. It's strange how people like you, who are so focused on the constitution, take it out of context so easily.

Excuse me?

www.law.cornell.edu...

Tell me EXACTLY what was taken out of context.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So you are OK with selling guns to known violent criminals and people who's mental illness makes it dangerous for them to have a weapon?

I don't actually think you or most any reasonable person is for that, so we do need laws.

I don't buy into the anarchist idea that we should be like the Congo.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

Where did I say anything about holding the manufacturers accountable?

The supplier, the seller of paper then. You're picking nits.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

just pointing out obvious faults seeing you and many have done nothing with your guns to stop tyrannical governments.
Uk me and?.
I wish you would answer my questions because you are a master of dodging simple ones.
At what point do you pick up your gun and stop these tyrannical governments?.
Can you answer or will you continue dodging the question?.
bullying? nope just asking you questions. too hard are they?.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So you are OK with selling guns to known violent criminals and people who's mental illness makes it dangerous for them to have a weapon?

The US government sure is.

Like they did during Fast and Furious, and what they did to LIbya, and Egypt, and are currently doing in Syria.

I am suppose to yield my right to them ?

I think NOT.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So whats it going to take for you to do what the founding fathers wanted and fight a tyrannical government?.
Come on dude you have said this is the reason why you have guns so tell me and others at what point.
otherwise you are just full of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not attacking anyone I learnt ages ago why you have guns but the reasons you give are dishonest because you have let them take away your freedoms and you have done nowt.
I thought you would stand up for what you believe in.....obviously not.
O and stop saying I'm bullying you...are you are child?.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join