It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Didn't realize you were Canadian. That's what I get for jumping in on my iphone...

Oh well, cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Sorry man, that is a realistic fact. It's been tried and found true. Ask any police officer. For the time it takes that officer to unholster his weapon, point and pull, that person with the knife is already on top of you. Consider that the officer already has that gun at his side and expects such possibilities. You or I as a civilian with a holster does not maintain that mentality and I believe it would take even longer to draw down.

...unless you're John Wayne, of course

OH nice an American production????

Not a great way to back up your point.......it is like saying lets police the world... AND all the US police killing civilians.

What??? Are you friggin serious?

...and yeah... I guessed it. You're not an American.

That could be a video from anywhere. It's not like they're using movie magic or anything. Wait... You're one of those people who deny the color red when you're bleeding from the wrists. Let me guess... The sky is not blue and the grass isn't green either.

It's all propaganda!

ATS... We have a live one. Could someone push the red button already. That trapdoor has to be here somewhere.

Good luck with this one... I'm out.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: InTheShadows

I am a police officer and I DON'T even depend on my own cities police force to protect me during such dynamic incidents.

I advise you to rethink your plan.

First of all, I never said whether I own a gun or not. Nor will I

Secondly, I never said that I would actually depend on that 911 call should I ever have to make one. Some people just call 911 so there is a record of it. They don't actually wait for the cops. Re-think what I said.

And lastly, I don't know what type of life you lead when you're out of uniform, but if it's one that includes a lot of dynamic situations that require you defending yourself with a gun, which you implied, you might want to re-think your personal choices. They sound stressful.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The purpose of the constitution is to LIMIT the power of the STATE.

Not the American people.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I suppose you may have a point, but I think this discussion has more to do with domestic issues.

I usually stay out of these bubble gum debates as there is no coming together as long as the shrill voices of extremists from both side try to drown each other out. Just chewing the same old bit of gum over and over and over and..........

There is a middle ground where sane people can be trusted to own as many guns as they want, but I do think we need to as a society address how to better keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them. We can't get there because our politicians like to keep us divided and I think that is a more important issue.

Freedom though, including freedom to own guns comes with a price and it always will. Freedom is a messy affair and there is built in risk involved.
edit on 10/4/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Freedom though, including freedom to own guns comes with a price and it always will. Freedom is a messy affair and there is built in risk involved.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety. deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. B.Franklin.

When tyranny becomes law.

Rebellion becomes duty.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

In any society compromise must be looked at but for many it is set in stone.
Unfortunate some can not see past their own selfish wants and needs.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So what are you doing now? you bleat how your freedoms are being taken away all the time but you have done nothing.
The USA has an illusion of freedom which was destroyed with the patriot act and you have done nothing.
your guns have not made you more free at all and all your bluster about fighting TPTB is just that bluster.
You ahve shouted loud and clear but done nothing what you preach.
At what point will you do something other then typing?.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Agreed. So many of our issues could be worked out if only we learned the art of compromise.

We are an easy lot to control though and our leaders know it. We have all the power as citizens, but we can't seem to stop letting those with bad intentions stay in power by keeping us at each others throats.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Most mothers think about such scenarios and cringe that their child could be snatched right out from under them. It has happened many many times.

You sound very naive, but tenacious! I like your attitude. Someday you will have a cc permit. I will almost bet on it! Maybe when you have a 10-year old daughter or granddaughter to protect.

You're sweet, but naivete has nothing to do with it.

And I live in an open-carry state. I could tie it to a lanyard and wear it around my neck if I wanted to. Better yet, put it under my cowboy hat.

As for protecting any loved ones I have, we all have our methods. We all have our ways of life. Some people just seem to live a way of life where a gun is never needed. I'm not privileged. I don't have friends in low places nor do I don't live in a gated community. I just found a way to outsmart the system and the general public in this regard. When they both have tunnel vision in regards to what are socially acceptable attitudes towards guns and crime, it's really not that hard to do. I work with the public upwards of 80 hours a week in a large metro area where there are at least 2 shootings a day.. Some would say that alone would make me want to carry a gun.

These people assume that just because I don't advertise that I have a gun.......that I don't. Some though, they assume that because of the job I have, that I HAVE to carry a gun. You should never assume things like that either way.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

First step should be taking money out of politics tbh.
Same for us across the pond but you lot have it worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So what are you doing now?

Trying to use logic and reason.

Which is odd for all us 'crazy' gun owners dontcha think ?

After all wouldn't our first 'instinct' would be to grab r guns and go kill indiscriminately ?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I don't see keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, criminals or violent people as tyranny.

That's what I mean by compromise.

I've been around guns my whole life and even now own three. I still don't want some people having guns for what are good reasons in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

At what point do you take down the tyrannical government then? you keep on telling us guns are for that reason but at what point do you act? because all I see is talk.
Honest question dude what will it take for you to act on what you believe and do something? because they took your freedoms and to my knowledge you didn't do squat.
I wish some would just admit they love guns without all the BS excuses why they want them I would respect them better.
Oh and stop implying I think gun folk are crazy.
the only crazy ones are the ones who do not have training in gun safety and think it is silly.
edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Every child in my family, myself included, has been very well educated on how to properly respect and use a gun.
This idea has passed through generations.
There has never been an accidental shooting.
If me or mine shoots someone it will not be by accident or irrationality.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So you agree gun training is important.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't see keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, criminals or violent people as tyranny.

Does one really need a LAW for that ?

Ain't it common sense.

And murder is still ILLEGAL, and has been from the beginning of this country.

From this countries inception right up until 1934 when the first BIG gun control began.

Then after another 30 years did that become law in 1968.

Then they doubled down VERBATIM in the Brady Law in the 90s.

It's ILLEGAL and still doesn't stop the crazy.

What's more ?

For over 220 years the background check never existed until the 90s.

The Bill of Rights is clear.

The 14th Amendment was clear.

People can not be held accountable for crimes they did not commit.

They have their GOD given rights to DUE PROCESS, and crimes be PROVEN.

In courts of LAW, not courts of public opinion.

This was the express purpose of the writing of the bill of rights.

This was the express purpose of writing the constitution.

It's SOLE function is to limit the power of the state.

Not us.
edit on 4-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Aw shucks sorry for not going around shooting people indiscriminately.

As the saying goes I can only please one person today.

And today is someones unlucky day.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So what are you doing now? you bleat how your freedoms are being taken away all the time but you have done nothing.
The USA has an illusion of freedom which was destroyed with the patriot act and you have done nothing.
your guns have not made you more free at all and all your bluster about fighting TPTB is just that bluster.
You ahve shouted loud and clear but done nothing what you preach.
At what point will you do something other then typing?.

Lol! HEy We try to solve our issues diplomatically and without violence first. We need to remove th emoney though. that would help alot. ANd really speaking about do what you preach. We do not see you guys raiding the house of commons and shouting viva la revolution! do we?
Pot meet ze kettle eh?

Beside on this issue your opinion dont mean anything since it will not effect you. Might as well not even be here arguing about it because im sure almost all of us americans dont care what anyone outside thinks of us and our Guns.
Im not trying to troll anyone. just telling Non US citizens where they stand on this issue with the US posters.

As for the OP. Since you are not a US citizen and cannot vote on this why are you even trying?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety. deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. B.Franklin.

When tyranny becomes law.

Rebellion becomes duty.

Who is talking about giving up essential liberty. You see there is the problem, it's all or nothing.

I'm an admittedly Right leaning Moderate and am pro-gun, but pro-gun with common sense.

In the 1960's it was those Soviet's are going to take our guns away and take over. Now it's those terrorists are going to take our guns away and take over. Times change but the same digging in of heels on both sides remains.

Most people I know on the Left are also pro-gun to be honest. Why then have our politicians tried to make us take sides based on Party? Because we are dumb enough to keep letting them divide us over issues that are less than genuine.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join