It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics in the USA should shackle and condemn GUN onwers as TERRORISTS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Obama can't spend all day here on ATS

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I think its funny no one has noticed that the OP has completely abandoned this thread after starting the troll ball rolling

Yeah. I stayed out of this idiotic thread for a long time determined not to participate. Then I weakened. I think we should be careful of these trolls and keep our eyes and ears open for the real deal.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Cute, but why do I need a gun to stop/kill someone in my own home? It's my house, I know the lay of it better than they do. I have no doubt that I will get to them before they get to me.

All you have to do is call 911 and say that one of the robbers, or the sole robber, looks like a local police officer, you think he saw you and is coming at you with a gun........and you have to protect yourself.......and you're very scared that this will not turn out well for the robber.

You might be surprised at how fast they respond to that.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

Hey feel free to do what ever.

Personally I don't outsource my personal security to someone else.

I have a faster response time.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheShadows

Cute, but why do I need a gun to stop/kill someone in my own home? It's my house, I know the lay of it better than they do. I have no doubt that I will get to them before they get to me.

All you have to do is call 911 and say that one of the robbers, or the sole robber, looks like a local police officer, you think he saw you and is coming at you with a gun........and you have to protect yourself.......and you're very scared that this will not turn out well for the robber.

I like your creativity! That is what you should do sans a weapon.

But, What if your little 10-year old daughter is between you and the thug/rapist/intruder/predator and he's heading in her direction. Remember, when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
edit on 4-10-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I think its funny no one has noticed that the OP has completely abandoned this thread after starting the troll ball rolling

Patrick Henry

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: projectbane

Wrong forum dude because the forum you will experience a firestorm.

I know, jesus what a dumb comment that was.

This is the forum to speak your mind...

EXCEPT IT STILL HAS TO BE COPEASETIC WITH THE T AND C's. All your post have been trolling so far.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I live 13 miles from the nearest police/sheriffs department, so sure wouldn't work for me. But, I'll sure try to remember that little solution if I am ever put in that position. Sounds like a winner to me - not!

edit on 4-10-2015 by hotintexas because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by hotintexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

But, What if your little 10-year old daughter is between you and the thug/rapist/intruder/predator and he's heading in her direction. Remember, when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

I don't have a 10 year old daughter, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I get your point, but robbers typically don't want to hurt people. People are not their target, and people who steal children typically don't carry guns. They feel they don't have to when their target is a child. I feel that people who want to own guns because they feel that the constitution says they can, don't really put a lot of current and logical thought into their viewpoint.

I'm the type of person who doesn't live my life based on "what if". I carry myself in a manner that my surroundings dictate on a day by day and minute by minute basis, and my surroundings dictate that it's nobody's business whether I own a gun or not. I'm not pointing this at you, but a gun is like a religion.... whether I have one or not is none of your damn business.

I'm just here to share my view that if you want to own a gun and advertise that fact, don't do it because the constitution says you can. You make yourself look weak minded and vulnerable. Weak-minded because you need a piece of paper to do your thinking for you, and vulnerable because now people know how you defend yourself. People fear the unknown, and if they don't know whether you're armed or not, they're typically not going to screw with you.

That's been my experience at least, and that's what I base my viewpoint on.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The average police response time to an active shooter situation (arguably the most important incident we respond to) is around 3.5 minutes.

I want you to get your watch or phone and stare at it for three minutes.

It is an ungodly long time to wait for help when somebody is trying to harm you.

And that is if you get to call 911.

I am a police officer and I DON'T even depend on my own cities police force to protect me during such dynamic incidents.

I advise you to rethink your plan.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: Double Tap =)

edit on 4-10-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Do robbers EVER hurt people?

If so, then your statement of "robbers don't TYPICALLY hurt people" is irrelevant even if true.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I don't have a 10 year old daughter, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I get your point, but robbers typically don't want to hurt people. People are not their target, and people who steal children typically don't carry guns. They feel they don't have to when their target is a child. I feel that people who want to own guns because they feel that the constitution says they can, don't really put a lot of current and logical thought into their viewpoint.

I'm the type of person who doesn't live my life based on "what if". I carry myself in a manner that my surroundings dictate on a day by day and minute by minute basis, and my surroundings dictate that it's nobody's business whether I own a gun or not. I'm not pointing this at you, but a gun is like a religion.... whether I have one or not is none of your damn business.

I'm just here to share my view that if you want to own a gun and advertise that fact, don't do it because the constitution says you can. You make yourself look weak minded and vulnerable. Weak-minded because you need a piece of paper to do your thinking for you, and vulnerable because now people know how you defend yourself. People fear the unknown, and if they don't know whether you're armed or not, they're typically not going to screw with you.

That's been my experience at least, and that's what I base my viewpoint on.

Yeah. I didn't think you did. Most mothers think about such scenarios and cringe that their child could be snatched right out from under them. It has happened many many times.

You sound very naive, but tenacious! I like your attitude. Someday you will have a cc permit. I will almost bet on it! Maybe when you have a 10-year old daughter or granddaughter to protect.
edit on 4-10-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Apparently you must hate the United States and the Constitutions.

Law biding american are not terrorist.

Just look to how many lives that have been saved by gun owners, just look at how many woman where able to stop being raped.

I agree, that the screening process could be improved.

But to label gun owner as terrorist is drawing the line here.

What part of the Constitutions do you not understand?

The right to bear arms shell not be infringed a pond.

Terrorist do not speak for the law bidding Americans who own guns period.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Blimey you are brave coming on ATS and saying all that.
I disagree purely because they have nasty critters in the states and the worse we have are angry badgers.
I do agree that there should be restrictions on who can have gun and maybe make it mandatory that training is given but thats about as far I get with gun control in the states.

edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What a moronic post. I'm not going to spell out what everyone already knows about guns, etc. If they come for my gun, someone is getting hurt. But I would never harm anyone without provocation. Gun or no gun.
edit on 10/4/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So, 1/3 of the United States are terrorists? That's absurd. Now, I'm not a gun owner--and I don't intend to ever be one--but what you're saying is madness. It's one thing to argue for tighter restrictions--but to say that all gun owners are terrorists isn't even logical. They're not promoting terror--you are. It is obvious that you "don't care at all". Where is your empathy? Where is your common sense?

You realize that the statistics are flawed, right? So, you think we should focus on attacking gun owners (the vast majority of whom are law-abiding citizens)---so tell me then, what will branding gun owners as terrorists solve?

You're just going to create more problems. You don't even understand what you're talking about.

Maybe you should focus on fixing yourself, first.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I do agree that there should be restrictions on who can have gun and maybe make it mandatory that training is given but thats about as far I get with gun control in the states.

There ARE already.

Training ?

So you want to make people MORE efficient 'killers' is that it ?

Hell the only saving grace there has been between the Mercers, Lanza's ,Holmes, and company.

Is their lack of it.

You really want to see what the body count of someone WITH training would look like ?

I DON'T.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Now that gun owners have been declared 'terrorists' does that mean the US government will finally start giving us machine guns,grenades, etc. ?
edit on 4-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So gun safety and training is a no no with you.
Do you know how stupid that sounds.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join