It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD whistleblower Adrian Schoolcraft settles suit for $600G

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
New York Daily News

The controversial cop who said he was thrown in a psych ward for blowing the whistle on a quota system in the NYPD settled his case Tuesday for $600,000.

I think I did on thread on this guy a couple of years ago or at least mentioned him in a thread. I'm glad he won a decent amount of money for what he went through. There's recordings somewhere of the night they locked him up, he knew they were coming for him at some point and had his phone ready. He'd called in sick after blowing the whistle on the quotas and they showed up that night I think and were talking to him like he was actually crazy. NYPD is beyond corrupt, that isn't to say they don't have good cops... look at this guy.

People need to think long and hard about crime statistics before they start spouting them off, quotas and false charges are fairly common and black people are targeted the worst because it's the easiest for them to get away with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

'm glad he won a decent amount of money for what he went through.

I read a case a few weeks ago where a few officers beat up an undercover officer in a murder investigation. He was black and they claimed he fit the profile of the suspect.

I think he won a million in his suit, one of the cops guilty of beating him up though, was suspended, and eventually won their case, so they were hired back and given [I believe] around 500k back pay.

So... Think about that for a second.

For every cop that took one for the common good, that crossed the blue line, there is some lousy deadbeat cop who was suspended with pay or fought for compensation even though they were in the wrong, and you'd probably find the same or more money given out to those ones. Sadly.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

gothamist.com...

Schoolcraft pierced the secrecy surrounding his commanding officers' numbers-driven misconduct by secretly recording hundreds of hours of orders and chit-chat in and around the Bed-Stuy station house.

Excellent work. Covertly gathering evidence on criminal colleagues who are attuned to surveillance takes great courage.

"Listen to me, I'm a chief in the New York City Police Department. So this is what's going to happen, my friend. You've disobeyed an order. And the way you're acting is not right."
"Chief, if you were woken up in your house . . ." Schoolcraft replies.
"Stop right there!" Marino says.
". . . how would you behave?" Schoolcraft asks.
"Stop right there, son. I'm doin' the talkin' right now. Not you," Marino thunders.
"In my apartment," Schoolcraft says. "What is this, Russia?"

The illusion of 'authority' is behind the collusion and concealment. Once we ditch the illusion of authority it's a level playing field. Everyone is open to investigation and prosecution for unlawful behaviour.

Here in the UK we have the ex-Met whistleblower James Patrick. www.theguardian.com...

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) made repeated attempts to silence a whistleblower who exposed the widespread manipulation of crime statistics, it has emerged.

James is now in a very strong position surrounded by friends and supporters. He's landlord of a historic and characterful pub.

This is my message to all police whistleblowers.

There's a rocky patch.
After you get over that you can have the best time of your life.
You are the ones who are most respected and loved by the people.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i remember this guy vividly.
im suprised he even got paid, im surprised he didnt receive a bill for all the lost business the NYPD might have lost as a result of his exposure of the system.

top topics

join