It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these moon pics edited?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
Browing through pics of the far side and south pole, I came across some weird shaded areas (black part in sky 1st pic, triangular areas in second and third). Just wondering if anyone had any idea what they could be. I have more examples if necessary.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
i don't think there edited but they do look wierd espicially the first pic where theres the white dot thats must be a glitch i think there just fine

E_T

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Those black areas in first composite are positions from where they don't have photos, or even errors in data transfer, remember that these photos are made entirely other way than today.

Triangles in second one have wrong contrast for being in moon.

That patterns in third remind me about fingerprint... and it's sure that those old photos have gone through many hands before going to archive.

Have you ever watched some old movies? They have always lot of schratches, blots and other "noise".

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Those pictures are edited, the Moon does not have red circles and names painted on its surface.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, those pictures do not look edited, but if they were, we could not notice it.

At the time the pictures were taken they did not use digital photographs, they use the usual photograph system. And if they wanted to edit something, they would do it in the usual way, painting directly on the negative. It is a tedious work, but a professional can alter a photograph without leaving any clues.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Those aren't, but I have seen some that are, cant find the link now. I think it was the navy surveyor or something to do with th US navy. Anyway a large number of photos had distinct structural like silhoettes simply blurred out. If the blurring occured in a more 'organic' way i would just put it down to faulty imaging, but this was not the case which leads me to believe they really are hiding something up there.

new topics

top topics

join