It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This futuristic razor shaves your hair with an actual laser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

two Swedes... ...have built a consumer razor that shaves your hair with an actual laser

claim to have discovered a chromophore (part of a hair molecule) that is shared by all humans, and can be cut easily when hit with a particular wavelength of light

Simply wave the Skarp razor over your body, like a magic wand, and the hairs will just fall away.
Or at least that’s the claim.

Source
I found this earlier today and was rather excited at the thought of no longer having to have any sort of razor burn or irritation. Two guys claim to have invented a laser razor that shaves hair with no pain or irritation... but is it real? What is real is talk of it being a scam.
What do you guys think? Is a laser razor possible? Will we be able to go to the local store and pick one up off the shelf? I'll wait til then, but I do have my hopes.
edit on 10/3/2015 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The ladies will love this....
Beards lifts skirts!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sounds like laser hair removal.....

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Aaaarrrggghhh my eyes!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am waiting for the triple-laser-blade to come out before I commit.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I was excited as well and almost threw my money at them. Then started reading elsewhere how it might be a scam, or might not be able to do what they're claiming it can do.

Therefore, I'm going to remain skeptical until we get some real working models, and independent people are testing it and confirming that it works.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
oh jeez..
i suppose its better than a clam shell.
my old Willkinson sword blade used to work just fine.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This would be awesome as I have to shave every day. The military wants a smooth baby face and razors, no matter how well designed, tend to be extremely irritating.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

I was excited as well and almost threw my money at them. Then started reading elsewhere how it might be a scam, or might not be able to do what they're claiming it can do.

Therefore, I'm going to remain skeptical until we get some real working models, and independent people are testing it and confirming that it works.

Seems Mr. Gillette was also busy scouring the forums.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Great, let some kids get hold of this and shave off the hair of the girls sitting in front of them in class. Or drunks in a bar can have a lasershaver duel with the other patrons ducking and dodging around them. Or if someone with big hair sits down in front of you in a theater.....

The only person who doesn't need to worry is Sinead O'Connor.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They already have this in the states. My girlfriend wants me to get my back done but I'm not paying $2000 when she can shave me for free

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That would be great for us ladies too, if it works.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This would be awesome as I have to shave every day. The military wants a smooth baby face and razors, no matter how well designed, tend to be extremely irritating.

Gilette Fusion. The one that comes with the battery,and quad blade pack or triple.

IMO one of the BEST razors on the market.

Best tips for shaving.

GEL not foam.

Turn the water on HOT as one can stand it.

Take a wash cloth and soak it.

Put on the face like they use to do in the old west.

Wait a minute or two to let the heat open up the pores.

Lather up.

Shave.

edit on 3-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

two Swedes... ...have built a consumer razor that shaves your hair with an actual laser

claim to have discovered a chromophore (part of a hair molecule) that is shared by all humans, and can be cut easily when hit with a particular wavelength of light

Simply wave the Skarp razor over your body, like a magic wand, and the hairs will just fall away.
Or at least that’s the claim.

I wonder what it does to your skin not just in the short term but also what about long term exposure??

Cancer perhaps? premature aging on the skin perhaps?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Looks like Kickstarter promotion right here.
edit on 4/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
dont like the sound of this
would be too easy to prank somebody and say shave their eyebrows

i know techincally this is a good invention, but humanity are such jerks

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have better things to do with $159.00.

The ol bic works just fine.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I've been doing something for 40 odd years which is very mundane now. I wish there was some other way to do it.

brushing my teeth.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's not actually a laser, but intense pulsed light:

i100.independent.co.uk...

You have a large number of small LED's. Close up the intensity of light is enough to vaporize the hair strands. But further away, with the inverse squared distance law, the intensity of light is reduced to harmless levels.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Agreed. Don't forget .. a shot of whiskey... leave the bottle.... gotta love the wild west!!! Throw in a flat blade neck shave and the world is one once more

top topics

<<   2 >>

join