It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Kills 2 Israelis - Wounds Toddler

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A 19 year old Palestinian stabbed and shot 5 victims today in Jerusalem's Old City. 2 were killed in this terrorist attack.

The victims were Rabbi Nehemia Lavie, 41, an Old City resident who worked at the Ateret Cohanim Yeshiva, near the place he was killed, and Aharon Benita from Beitar Illit.

The toddler’s mother, 22, was in critical condition.

The incident began around 7:30 p.m., when the knife-wielding Arab attacked the couple and their toddler son, as well as Lavie, as they walked past Lion’s Gate, en route to the Western Wall, police said.

A fifth male victim, in his 20s, was lightly wounded.

The terrorist then took a pistol from one of his victims and fired wildly into a crowd of tourists, before Border Police officers on patrol some 50 meters away killed him.

On one hand, I only want to post the facts here and leave everything up to the reader to take in and make their own opinions, but on the other, I see injustice in the way these reports are brought out and the way people seem to think about this issue.

I waited for many hours to see if this would be posted, but to little surprise, I found that it hasn't. One source is a from JP. I'm pretty sure there would be some serious mud slinging if I used it for an only source so I'll throw up a few.

First, I would like to say, it seems like much of the world looks at this instance the same way Hamas looks at it. The kid's a hero! If Israel harms any Palestinian, it's a huge crime again humanity, but if it's the other way around, it's Justice and the person branded a hero. Isn't all life precious no matter what race or group you're part of?

Hamas, the Islamic militant group that rules Gaza, issued a statement praising the attack which it called, "heroic."

I'm using two sources here to display this topic. One of which is American and the other Israeli. It's funny how different the descriptions are. On one, the attacker is labeled a terrorist.... which he is. On the other, the attacker is just labeled as a "Palestinian man". Can you guess who used which word? You can see that the American story was just reworded from the original Israeli story with bits and pieces changed around to make it look like they came up with all of the wording.

A Palestinian man fatally stabbed two Israelis as they walked in Jerusalem's Old City and seriously injured a woman and a toddler, before he was shot and killed by an officer on duty, police said

This seems to be ongoing, but if so, why don't we hear much about it? It seems we only hear when Israel troops are doing something "bad" but we hardly ever hear about the other side.

It was the latest in a series of deadly Palestinian attacks against Israeli civilians.

On Thursday, suspected Palestinian gunmen killed an Israeli couple in front of their children as they drove in the West Bank.

Multiple shots killed Eitam and Naama Henkin, residents of the Jewish West Bank settlement of Neria. Their four young children, including a four-month-old infant, were in the back seat of the car during the shooting but were unharmed.

This is another issue. I didn't hear about this story on the main stream news either. It seems that when Israel does something, it's a huge problem, but when they're attacked in their own city, it's justified and nothing is said about it. This is the kind of thinking that really ticks me off. Death is a problem, no matter where you're from. ESPECIALLY when infants are involved. Though, we can post a story about a young girl supposedly shot in the face with a rubber bullet with minimal injuries and suddenly, Israel storm troopers are pigs and the most vile monsters on the planet. and.... ISRAEL MUST FALL!

I think there is a taught hatred, a racist culture that loves to spin this stuff. I believe that people are being taught this stuff in a way that makes one side the bad guy and the other side the striving survivor while not telling ALL of the facts. Sadly, people are eating it up as truth and it's simply not. There are good and bad on all sides, but people are missing the real problem, and the media is NOT showing that problem. It's all word play to them, brainwashing everyone on how to think and what to believe.

I find myself sitting back and thinking "Are people that damn stupid", more often than not.

I mean... You can see it in the difference of these two news sites. Remember, one pretty much pulled from the other. Can you tell what came from where?

Jerusalem police chief Moshe Edri said the Palestinian "stabbed an Israeli man, his wife and the toddler" multiple times in an alleyway before stabbing another man.

Both Israeli men succumbed to their wounds, he said, adding that the mother and the toddler are in serious condition. Israeli media later reported the toddler was lightly injured.

The toddler was "lightly" injured... But..

A fifth male victim, in his 20s, was lightly wounded.
The father died while in intensive care, and his two-year-old boy is in the operating room right now and is in stable condition with a leg injury

Oh... it's just a flesh wound. He'll walk it off in no time.

Anyways, I think I've made my point. Now for all of the facts as put forth by these two sources.

JP

AP

edit on 3-10-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
With this, those things will happen. I am sorry to hear of the deaths and the wounded baby. But Israel has a lot coming back to them. What point is it that you made, exactly?
edit on 3-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So you're saying that those people deserved to die? It's ok because Israel "had it coming back to them". Seriously?

My point... You're making my point.

Sadly, your ONLY response is "Sorry - BUT... they deserve it".

I don't know if that's racist, hateful or just ignorance.

ETA: So you edit and justify it with a map? Keep googling. You'll see more than just THAT side of the story. I don't want to give you a history lesson. You should really broaden your education and find more FACTS on the story before you throw up a map showing what belonged to Britain before then Israel after was a series of actions based on what was going on in that area. All you see is a map. You need to know why it is that way and taking one biased side doesn't do any justice. I can find a biased page based on the other side, but I prefer to only consider the facts when researching history, without the biased opinion of the writer. You should too.

edit on 3-10-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

So you're saying that those people deserved to die? It's ok because Israel "had it coming back to them". Seriously?

ETA: So you edit and justify it with a map? Keep googling. You'll see more than just THAT side of the story. I don't want to give you a history lesson. You should really broaden your education and find more FACTS on the story before you throw up a map showing what belonged to Britain before then Israel after was a series of actions based on what was going on in that area. All you see is a map. You need to know why it is that way and taking one biased side doesn't do any justice. I can find a biased page based on the other side, but I prefer to only consider the facts when researching history, without the biased opinion of the writer. You should too.

The person you responded to made a good point that you are refusing to see. If you are willing to be part of an occupying force like these people are then you have to expect that the people who the land rightfully belongs to will eventually start attacking people. Especially when settlers are going around firebombing houses and murdering the families that live in them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
With this, those things will happen. I am sorry to hear of the deaths and the wounded baby. But Israel has a lot coming back to them. What point is it that you made, exactly?

Yeah, no crap.

That is bull crap to say.

How about with all the crap that happened to some minority group here in the US that you deserve some violence against you?

If someone has a beef with a nation, you don't go killing women and children in the streets

edit on 3-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Of course they didn't deserve it. Their government is to blame, though.

I have every right to keep posting that map whether I do it first or edit it in later. I have put that up about 10x on this site.

It is that way because Israel keeps taking more land. Unless a magical fairy is doing it for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Both sides are raising another generation of children filled with hatred, my only Knock on israel whith the holocaust and all, they should be the champions for the oppressed, not behing an appartheid state and justifying there actions on a holy book.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

After this 2 recent murders I guess there will be no Palestine
You can collect the maps ...

Abbas said he is not bounded by Oslo anymore. Hamas opening third Intifada. Israel will respond.

edit on 3-10-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: reldra

Yeah, no crap.

That is bull crap to say.

How about with all the crap that happened to some minority group here in the US that you deserve some violence against you?

If someone has a beef with a nation, you don't go killing women and children in the streets

Actions have consequences, always. But the topic is Israel and Palestine nonetheless.

I am extremely tired of Israel apologists. Israel really just needs to stop taking land that does not belong to them.
The US needs to give Israel less money and maybe they will stay within their borders.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

There cannot be peace when Hamas spokesperson publicly condones the targeting and murder of innocent civilians. You may as well be talking about ISIS.

But many, even on ATS, still side with this terrorist group. Scum

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe you should tell that to the IDF and the Israeli settlers.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Ummm no. Nobody learning of this story thinks the kid is hero other than Hamas and other terrorist scum. Just like no body thinks the insane Israeli illegal settlers who fire bomb and murder palestians (children) thinks their heroes.

Sad story but it's obvious with no real course to a two solution there will only be bloodshed.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

There cannot be peace when Hamas spokesperson publicly condones the targeting and murder of innocent civilians. You may as well be talking about ISIS.

Just as you have people here that side with the terrorist group known as the IDF.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Both sides are raising another generation of children filled with hatred,

Not true, show me where and how Israel teaching hatred to children.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

After this 2 recent murders I guess there will be no Palestine
You can collect the maps ...

Abbas said he is not bounded by Oslo anymore. Hamas opening third Intifada. Israel will respond.

Israel has responded almost daily---see the maps. They were supposed to stay within one place. They need a new Sodastream fatory? Bulldoze Palestinian houses. They feel like they want to expand in a particular direction, bomb and bulldoze. They want to cut off Palestinians from food and medecine? Bomb tunnels and barricade.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: combatmaster

Just as you have people here that side with the terrorist group known as the IDF.

Really..... when was the last time that IDF publicly condoned intentionally murdering innocent civilians?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Don't you know that any crime against the Jews is ok?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A lot coming back to them ?? Eat your sword coward

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Israel has responded almost daily---see the maps. They were supposed to stay within one place. They need a new Sodastream fatory? Bulldoze Palestinian houses. They feel like they want to expand in a particular direction, bomb and bulldoze. They want to cut off Palestinians from food and medecine? Bomb tunnels and barricade.

I'm tired of hearing this convoluted picture.
We better really do what you are accusing us.
Adding another 2-3 millions refugees to Europe is the way to go.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The person you responded to made a good point that you are refusing to see.

And the OP made an excellent point that you are refusing to see. That you will never see because you don't want to see both sides, and indeed, there ARE two sides, just like you have two eyes, but you only use one. Your mind is closed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join