It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State (ISIS) Claims Responsibility for Oregon massacre. Chris Harper Mercer a Black Muslim?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Stormdancer777

So not an atheist then?.
A person who believes in a Christian God and Satan.....
Another person who has used religion as an excuse to kill then eh?.
Or just a nutjob...

Many satanist are atheist ideologically, it is a philosophy, the worship of oneself

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I am a totally imperfect and rotten example of a Christian, that's for sure.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. You and Me both!

I can go the second mile, and I've fed lots of hungry mouths in my day, and bought more motel rooms for a night or two in freezing weather than I can count.

But when it comes to turning the other cheek, I SUCK!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Did you listen with the music playing lol.
I was drunk on scotch!!.

NO, I guess I will now.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: grandmakdw

I am a totally imperfect and rotten example of a Christian, that's for sure.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. You and Me both!

I can go the second mile, and I've fed lots of hungry mouths in my day, and bought more motel rooms for a night or two in freezing weather than I can count.

But when it comes to turning the other cheek, I SUCK!

Turning the other cheek is misunderstood

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You are right some sects of satanism are athiest. But your source from people said he wanted to be a god in hell. So he was not an athiest satanist. He was an old school the devil is real and I want to serve him satanist. Which would make him religious. That is, if your source is right.

edit on 4-10-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He wanted to be a god in hell so I think he was an actual believing Satanist.
But the underlining cause is obviously mental illness.
We need better awareness and treatment of the mentally unwell.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think this guy killed people because he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory (his warped perception of glory). I personally don't think he set out to kill Christians. I think he felt a sense of power that he had never felt before, and he was taking full advantage of it - by making people beg, etc. At least one other witness in the room said that it didn't appear as if he was targeting Christians, but he was justifying the killing of them, saying that they would now get to see their God. Almost like he thought he was doing them a favor. He was all kinds of messed up, no doubt.

There are too many conflicting reports right now, so we don't definitely know what his motives were. Whatever his motives were, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was horrific. And I'm pissed off that he was able to get guns (purchased them from family members), when his family knew his mental and emotional state.

I'm a little concerned that the whole focus on the "Christian persecution" idea is just deflecting from the issue that he was able to legally purchase guns. THAT is the thing we should be focusing on, IMO.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Explain?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I always get bashed when I say this, but it is nevertheless true.

In the United States, it is easier to buy a gun than it is to get treatment for mental illness.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

You are right some sects of satanism are athiest. But your source from people said he wanted to be a god in hell. So he was not an athiest satanist. He was an old school the devil is real and I want to serve him satanist. Which would make him religious. That is, if your source is right.

True, if the source is right.

I have no idea.

He was mentally ill, living in a society that is feeding the mentally ills delusions.

One sick world, always has been.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

1st barrier we need to break down is the stigma against folk who are ill.
1 in 3 of us will suffer from mental illness around the same rates as cancer but the money spent on it compared to cancer is tiny.
We need to get the message out that it is okay to be mentally ill and seek treatment for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Explain?

I believe it is like the scripture, wipe the dust off your feet if they do not accept you.

Not stand by and accept physical harm.

edit on 4-10-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Then you have to wonder about those who commit horrendous acts that are considered acceptable in society.

weird

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm a little concerned that the whole focus on the "Christian persecution" idea is just deflecting from the issue that he was able to legally purchase guns. THAT is the thing we should be focusing on, IMO.

And I'm a little concerned that I am supposed to deflect what he said to gun control and mental illness. I support more policies about who may, and may not buy a gun. Of course he is obviously mentally ill, and we need to improve identifying these people and providing services for them, which is now almost impossible because it requires an overt act, and by the time there is an overt act it is too late, as we see here.

But none of that negates the things he said when he took those actions, and we are being asked to disregard those comments and actions.. Therein lies the true deflection.

Look, I'm not paranoid and people are not out to get me. But this actually happened (as far as we know) and we are now being asked to pretend like it didn't. It's nuts. Kayla, you aren't nuts, far from it. But we shouldn't ignore it, and it's wrong to ask us to.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And my point is, we don't know for sure what he said, and what he meant by what he said, as there are conflicting reports by people who were in the room.

What we DO know is that he was mentally/emotionally unstable. (there are no conflicting reports about that)

What we DO know is that he was able to legally purchase guns. (there are no conflicting reports about that)

I'm not saying we disregard his comments. I am saying let's wait until more facts come out before we say for sure that he was intent on persecuting Christians. Let's wait until we see his manifesto to see what exactly motivated him to do what he did. Until then, let's look at the fact that a mentally unstable person, who was KNOWN to be mentally unstable by family members, was able to legally purchase guns, more than once.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Its ATS Dude, everyone is a Muslim Terrorist unless stated otherwise

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What you just described sums up most of ATS recently. People are full of hate and venom on here, either medicated or not, they will link anything to anything.

This guy was not a Muslim yet the OP went out of his way to project his obvious ignorance and prejudices here but what no one is asking is:

"What medication was the shooter on and who provided it?"

I wouldn't be surprised if SSRI is involved (or some derivative).

Really ATS, this place is a shambles these days!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

All right then, this needs to be remembered the next time someone decides they want to blame Christianity for this, that or the other. They weren't acting out of religious belief, they were mentally ill. Right?

To do otherwise is hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
There's a link out there where CNN lightened his skin and reshaped his nose and lips.
This is what passes for news?
Good God were screwed.

Here's the photo comparison that proves CNN continues to misrepresent the news.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Geez , talk about Deception . Don't it make my Brown Eyes Blue............

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join