It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fwd/Meme I received in re: Gun Control and Abortion Made a lot of sense to me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Men should not be the ones making the law on abortion.

Yeah, children should be.

How about the women do it.

Yeah, just as soon as women get pregnant without a mans "input"

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: mOjOm

How about no.

Stay out of my gun closet, and I will stay out of someones womb.

That's a 'win win'.

I thought that was staying out of your gun closet??? I said, Conservatives get power over the guns while Liberals get power of Abortions.

I thought you'd like that arrangement???

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

it's kind of brilliant.

I could see how it could be thought of as brilliant if one was completely incapable of objectively comparing two completely different things that are totally unrelated, yes. But otherwise, I just dont see the "brilliance" of it, because its comparing... well, two totally unrelated subjects.

Lets address some of the suggestions:

1: "Mandatory 48 hour wait period" - Ive had to wait 7 days before to get a gun, so the suggestion of waiting only 2 isnt really helping this dudes point.

2: "Parental permission" - Only adults can legally purchase guns to begin with. Another nonsensical, abjectly ignorant "point".

3: "Note from doctor proving he knows what hes about to do" - Only in the mind of an utter simpleton brainwashed by ultra liberal media, like the unknown individual who wrote these points, would this be thrown out as something a person should need to do to get a gun. A gun is a tool; maybe we should make people present doctors notes when they go to Lowes and buy a sledgehammer too, after all, you can pack a tremendous amount of energy into the swing of a 10lb hammer, waaay more energy than is contained in a 9mm. Oooo, scary hammers...! Obviously killing machines.

4: "Watch a video about gun violence" - Which again is nonsense. The vast majority of gun violence is gang related, and if I want to be a gang banger, Im not going to buy a guy legally to begin with, so I wouldnt watch the video anyway.

Ok, I was going to go through all the points, but they just even more ridiculous from this point on, and have no real counter point, because they are utter nonsense.

Its clear the guy who wrote this "brilliant" meme, was anything but brilliant himself. It shows an abject lack of critical thinking in all ways. Its nothing but an emotionally fuelled brain washed liberal diatribe.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: reldra

Which Amendment guarantees you the right to take the life of another human being just because they are in an inconvenient place again?

Don't say the 2nd Amendment because it doesn't do that. It only guarantees you the right to keep and bear arms, not take a life.

I am sure you are aware abortion is allowed by law. There are some just keeping and bearing arms. Hunting. Using for self defense, but others that walk in and kill 9 people at one time.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

it's kind of brilliant.

I could see how it could be thought of as brilliant if one was completely incapable of objectively comparing two completely different things that are totally unrelated, yes. But otherwise, I just dont see the "brilliance" of it, because its comparing... well, two totally unrelated subjects.

Lets address some of the suggestions:

1: "Mandatory 48 hour wait period" - Ive had to wait 7 days before to get a gun, so the suggestion of waiting only 2 isnt really helping this dudes point.

2: "Parental permission" - Only adults can legally purchase guns to begin with. Another nonsensical, abjectly ignorant "point".

3: "Note from doctor proving he knows what hes about to do" - Only in the mind of an utter simpleton brainwashed by ultra liberal media, like the unknown individual who wrote these points, would this be thrown out as something a person should need to do to get a gun. A gun is a tool; maybe we should make people present doctors notes when they go to Lowes and buy a sledgehammer too, after all, you can pack a tremendous amount of energy into the swing of a 10lb hammer, waaay more energy than is contained in a 9mm. Oooo, scary hammers...! Obviously killing machines.

4: "Watch a video about gun violence" - Which again is nonsense. The vast majority of gun violence is gang related, and if I want to be a gang banger, Im not going to buy a guy legally to begin with, so I wouldnt watch the video anyway.

Ok, I was going to go through all the points, but they just even more ridiculous from this point on, and have no real counter point, because they are utter nonsense.

Its clear the guy who wrote this "brilliant" meme, was anything but brilliant himself. It shows an abject lack of critical thinking in all ways. Its nothing but an emotionally fuelled brain washed liberal diatribe.

I said it made a lot of sense. Which it does.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: lordcomac

It's not that hard to get a gun either....craigslist, gunshow parking lot dealers...

That is a lie!
CL phohibted items

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Buying a gun...no one dies.

Abortion...unborn child murdered.

Yeah, same thing.

Buying guns, most of the time legally, has led to more mass shootings this year than there have been days this year...so it does lead to something more often than one would like.

link   

How about we treat WOMEN like Gun owners shall we ?

Federal background check to get an abortion.

Mandatory waiting period to get an abortion.

For every abortion she fills out ATF form 4473.

Then according to a given set of criteria of PERFECTION then she might be granted one.

How would people like that ?

Add...

If she has any mental illness the abortion is not allowed...

I'm not sure how you compare a person buying a tool to a person actually ending a life. Maybe if we compare the guy buys the gun and accepts all responsibility for his actions and the woman should also accept all responsibility for her actions too.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Notice that all these mass shooters are MEN...

Maybe it's MEN who should be BANNED from having GUNS...

Stupid MEN & their high testosterone levels...
Maybe CASTRATE them first and fill them with ESTROGEN as a compulsory measure for any MEN that need a GUN...

Like LAW ENFORCEMENT or MILITARY...

Bleurgh!

link   

The main point of that, is if hardline abortion opponents get their way it will be all of what I said and all of what you said...though the consequences of the gun example have shown to be much worse than the abortion example. There have been more mass shooting in the US in 2015 (with 4 or more injured or killed) than we have had days this year. Np one woman does that at one time visiting a health clinic.

Want to try again ?

The number one killer of PEOPLE during last year was ABORTION.

That is the elephant in the room.

Mass shooters doesn't even come close to the 1 million plus that are murdered every year.

www.abort73.com...

No one really wants to talk about.

They sure don't blame drugs for it.

They sure don't blame it on mental 'illness'.

www.abort73.com...

link   

Progressives should not be making laws about gun RIGHTS.

This is not a thread about taking away gun rights. You continue to miss the point.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not sure how you compare a person buying a tool to a person actually ending a life. Maybe if we compare the guy buys the gun and accepts all responsibility for his actions and the woman should also accept all responsibility for her actions too.

The issues can be compared rather easily.

Pro choice doesn't extend to gun owners.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Buying guns, most of the time legally, has led to more mass shootings this year than there have been days this year...so it does lead to something more often than one would like.

So if guns were "illegal", then all the same shootings would be with illegal guns.

And all murders were already illegal before they happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This is not a thread about taking away gun rights. You continue to miss the point.

There was no point that was made.

Do women have to get background checks ? Gun owners do.

Do women have to ask permission of the STATE ? Gun owners do.

Is there a mandatory waiting period of 7 days to a month varying by local LAWS ?

Do women have to fill out THIS FORM ?

Oh READ IT PLEASE.

www.atf.gov...

My favorite part there is 11b

Like what a person COULD BE charged with not what a court ruled.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The main point of that, is if hardline abortion opponents get their way it will be all of what I said and all of what you said...though the consequences of the gun example have shown to be much worse than the abortion example. There have been more mass shooting in the US in 2015 (with 4 or more injured or killed) than we have had days this year. Np one woman does that at one time visiting a health clinic.

Want to try again ?

The number one killer of PEOPLE during last year was ABORTION.

That is the elephant in the room.

Mass shooters doesn't even come close to the 1 million plus that are murdered every year.

www.abort73.com...

No one really wants to talk about.

They sure don't blame drugs for it.

They sure don't blame it on mental 'illness'.

www.abort73.com...

Heart disease kills 611,000 people in the US each year. Real people with real lives and families. That is the number 1 cause of death.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There was no point that was made.

Do women have to get background checks ? Gun owners do.

Do women have to ask permission of the STATE ? Gun owners do.

Is there a mandatory waiting period of 7 days to a month varying by local LAWS ?

Do women have to fill out THIS FORM ?

Oh READ IT PLEASE.

www.atf.gov...

My favorite part there is 11b

Like what a person COULD BE charged with not what a court ruled.

There is a point and you missed it. Again..if hardline people who are anti abortion got their way, women attempting abortion would be required to do what I said and what you say about getting a gun and probably more.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Wait what ?

I thought the topic was about Guns, and Abortions.

Nows its about heart disease ?

I guess we should make a law that says people can't die from it too.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wait what ?

I thought the topic was about Guns, and Abortions.

Nows its about heart disease ?

I guess we should make a law that says people can't die from it too.

I was replying to your post.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

There is a point and you missed it. Again..if hardline people who are anti abortion got their way, women attempting abortion would be required to do what I said and what you say about getting a gun and probably more.

Really ?

Who said anything about there being a LAW against it?

I know I didn't.

Really want to play this game ?

Fine.

If the anti gunners had their way they would turn this country in to China.

Where it's illegal for citizens to own weapons.

TWO can play that game.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Really ?

Who said anything about there being a LAW against it?

I know I didn't.

Really want to play this game ?

Fine.

If the anti gunners had their way they would turn this country in to China.

Where it's illegal for citizens to own weapons.

TWO can play that game.

I am not playing a game and this is not an anti gun thread. Though you will try your hardest to turn it into one. I should have not replied to some of your posts that were trolling me. My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join