It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really? You don't want this seat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't like crowds. I am not claustrophobic, but I am highly hypervigilant about my personal space. I've never taken a bus or train in my life. I also avoid New York for the same reason. When flying, I prefer the corporate jet. But I have had to fly commercial and the confined space with so many people freaks me out.

When I am in those situations, I look for whatever space gives me the most space to help calm my nerves....

Btw, I know what you mean about middle eastern people who have no concept of personal space. I have dealt with that very recently....

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
In my case it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with you. I just require a large amount of personal space. When in line at the grocery store I stand a ways back from the person in front of me, and hate it when people are standing behind me.

On the train, I am going to sit wherever gives me the most personal space. I think CIAGypsy and I would due well in a room together. I got my corner you take yours

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Preferably a corner close to an exit.... Gotta watch my six.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I dislike physically touching people I don't know entirely, even handshakes. I also strongly dislike random conversations with strangers. This is one of the cornerstones of being an introvert, we're not People people. As a long-time public transit user, I've always preferred to stand & counter the inertia than literally rub shoulders with someone. I noticed countless others try to do the same if they could, or look uncomfortable as hell if they couldn't.

You obviously think it's all about you, i.e your appearance. More than likely not the case. Not everyone's comfortable around or touching strangers. It's that simple.
edit on 10/4/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join