It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon in 4K

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I started this thread because I decided to take a video of the moon with my telescope + cellphone couple of times a week. And I can't think of better people to share my video with...

enjoy:

last night:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That footage made me jelly...

If I could take that kind of footage I would be looking at the moon as much I could..

I would also get a tracker.. so I can get some nice stills and look for movement

Have you seen any strangeness on the moon?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

That is pretty awesome!
What the heck kind of cell phone do YOU have? LOL

Hey, at 2:25 (or so) in second video...what is inside that crater on the bottom left?
If you know?
Or if you saw it?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Cellphones can take 4k footage now? How I have fallen behind the times and technology...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
I started this thread because I decided to take a video of the moon with my telescope + cellphone couple of times a week. And I can't think of better people to share my video with...

enjoy:

last night:

Cool.

Would you mind going into detail about how / with what equipment you filmed it?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wondering can you upload video somethere so i be able to download all video in best resolution possible ???

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey, guys! Thanks for the response!

Answers:

Cheap phone as much powerful as the most famous one, if not more (indeed mine was the MOST POWERFUL PHONE OF 2014). And still about $250 instead of $1000 i-phone (which most people think it's the only one that does 4K videos, LoL). look it up on google: MEIZU MX4 (Meizu just released 2 more, MX5 and PRO5)

I had a tracker! But it wasn't working good (it was an equatorial platform actually, the one where you put your telescope on) because the moon, or planet, was still a bit drifting...so I could just took this (with professional (bust still cheap, too, ahahahah) color ccd camera, which I sold away with the eq platform...):

I'm thinking to give another shot at another eq platform, hoping it will work properly this time. So i can track still the moon and take more cool videos with perfect zoom too.

About weird things, YEAH...and I even posted it months ago in this forum, too:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ernestjev
I wondering can you upload video somethere so i be able to download all video in best resolution possible ???

for now this is the best i can do with my connection =(

I'm using final cut pro x, and I'm using the option "share on youtube" so the video was about 500mb. If i choose to export the video on my computer directly it's about 9gb of video!!! There is no way I can upload something like that on the internet with my connection... by the way, this is my upload speed: 0.30Mbps =(

anyways, you can use a software called 4K VIDEO DOWNLOADER to download 4K videos from youtube!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Anyway you doing great job. To bad planet have such big atmospheric distorsion. Hope we can see objects more clearly. Video width strange object is great too

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

That is pretty awesome!
What the heck kind of cell phone do YOU have? LOL

Hey, at 2:25 (or so) in second video...what is inside that crater on the bottom left?
If you know?
Or if you saw it?

you can find it here by yourself =) target.lroc.asu.edu...

i spent hours zoomming till seeing little rocks, ahahahahha!
edit on 3-10-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Anyway you doing great job. To bad planet have such big atmospheric distorsion. Hope we can see objects more clearly. Video width strange object is great too

yeah, that's just the day, there are some days with just very little turbolence, i will take splendid videos on those days!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: egidio88

enjoy:

last night:

Cool.

Would you mind going into detail about how / with what equipment you filmed it?

Telescope: www.telescope.com... (you can save even more if you buy the verison without the intelliscope..which I never used yet, LoL)

eye-piece: www.optcorp.com...

barlow 2x: www.amazon.com...

and 5x: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1443899831&sr=1-1&keywords=powermate+5x

cellphone: www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
from a friend of mine:

bigger telescope (motorized, so he can tracks), better and professional equipment (ccd camera etc...)

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

but yeah, this is basically his world... I didn't choose to go fully pro about it, ahhahaha..too much money =/, and I'm more about visual observation anyways... and videos in this case... hahah...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is pretty awesome what you can do with a simple cellphone and scope . if someone said : this is footage from one of the last flyby's of the Apollo missions I would believe it.

edit on 0b22America/ChicagoSat, 03 Oct 2015 15:06:22 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 03 Oct 2015 15:06:22 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Is the distortion what made the video "wavy"? Thanks

PS that music was eery...made the video that much better.Well done!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Is the distortion what made the video "wavy"? Thanks

PS that music was eery...made the video that much better.Well done!

hahah, thank you! It's from Ennio Morricone! From the movie "The Thing." It was actually a reinterpretation from the prequel sequel, but it's basically the same as the original one composed by Morricone.

Aboyt the distortion, yeah...sometimes it's because of turbolence in the atmosphere, sometimes it's because of the scope (collimation slightly off and things like that...but I believe mine was well collimated.) But in general I can assure you that in live with your eyes into the eye-piece is much much more better =P

by the way, this is the frind of mine i told you about:

i.imgur.com...

he is 6' 4"

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

In the last photo looks like station in the crater lol
This one last photo nice.
Wondering what such telescope can do in right weather conditions then moon closest the earth

To bad we cant see other moon side.
edit on 4-10-2015 by ernestjev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

i.imgur.com...

In the last photo looks like station in the crater lol
This one last photo nice.
Wondering what such telescope can do in right weather conditions then moon closest the earth

To bad we cant see other moon side.

I can't wait to buy a stronger equatorial platform again. I'm kinda fixated with the moon, whereas the majority of astrophile dedicate more time to deep space... I will never ever abandon the moon...

by the way, the pics of my friend are straight from facebook...so the quality is not that good..i just told him to upload them to astrobin, so we can see them in better quality..this is his astrobin profile: www.astrobin.com...

but those photos are taken with his previous telescope...still amazing pictures tho! enjoy

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow - it is posts like this that keep bringing me back to the site - seriously beautiful footage!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadKelt
Wow - it is posts like this that keep bringing me back to the site - seriously beautiful footage!

I'm so happy to hear such kind words!!!!! =)

<<   2 >>

join