It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jeremy Corbyn too good to be true?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

You're taking your figures from a website that anyone can edit; and I mean anyone. Clearly that quote you posted was written by someone with a racist agenda, as the official government facts reveal a very different story...

London: Whites are the majority at 78.6%, with 57.5% of them being British. The second largest group is Asians, at just 12.7%.

Birmingham: White British are again the majority at 53.1%, followed by Pakistani at 13.5%.

Luton: White British are ONCE AGAIN the majority at 44.6%, followed distantly by Pakistani at 14.4%.

Slough: Hey hey hey, guess what, White British majority at 34.5%, followed by Pakistani at 17.7%.

Leicester: Look, this is getting boring. Whites are the majority at 51%, followed by Asians at 37%.

The links for you...

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk... sus-information-reports-ethnicity.pdf

www.birmingham.gov.uk... r%2FWrapper

www.luton.gov.uk...

www.slough.gov.uk...

www.leicester.gov.uk...

These are only some areas of the country, and not a representation of the nation as a whole. You'd realise this if you were well travelled which clearly, you're not. And had you done your research, which clearly, you haven't. And freedom of people to move is democracy. However there is another word for your ideal of 'Britain for White British', and that's Fascism. But seeing as you created a thread commemorating the 69th anniversary of Hitler's death, I thought you'd be aware of this...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: plainsailing

London: Whites are the majority at 78.6%, with 57.5% of them being British.

2011 Census: 45% of Londoners white British

www.bbc.co.uk...
That's from the very racist BBC.

Luton: White British are ONCE AGAIN the majority at 44.6%

Since when was 44.6% the majority?

Slough: Hey hey hey, guess what, White British majority at 34.5%

Let me give you a little maths lesson: under 50% is a MINORITY.
I dispense my wisdom free of charge.

Leicester: Look, this is getting boring. Whites are the majority at 51%

That's correct. That IS a majority. Just.
But that's Whites, not White British, which is under 50%.
What would that be then? A minority, yes.

So, to round off, the information in my wikipedia quote was actually correct...whether or not it was written by a racist.
Haha, you're funny.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

2011 Census: 45% of Londoners white British

www.bbc.co.uk...
That's from the very racist BBC.

Doesn't matter who posted it when the official government statistics shows that they are wrong!

Since when was 44.6% the majority?

Let me give you a little maths lesson: under 50% is a MINORITY. I dispense my wisdom free of charge.

The only wisdom you have to offer seeing as everything else you're saying is white-supremacist tripe!

That's correct. That IS a majority. Just. But that's Whites, not White British, which is under 50%. What would that be then? A minority, yes.

If you had bothered to read the official data you'd have realised that the statistics for Leicester don't differentiate between White, and White British. I could have just stated it as White British anyway, but then that would have been stooping to your level.

So, to round off, the information in my wikipedia quote was actually correct...whether or not it was written by a racist.
Haha, you're funny.

I'd love to know how you arrived at the conclusion that your information is correct, when the official government data states the White British population of London as 57.5; as opposed to your phony figure of 43.7%.

Anyway I won't keep you any longer. You probably have an EDL flag waving seminar to be getting too, or something!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure if he's too bad to be real, but MI6 pedigree is definitely in there. I wonder if he shares the same ideas of Tony Blair regarding the recent staunch approval of an united EU armed forces? Yep, Britain is back, ready to fight to the last Frenchman. Or maybe German man, or the usual Italian idiot enough to join crazy campaigns.

But what would an EU army look like? A bureaucratic clown show? Another oligarchy of crazy generals to top up the already existing one? Who knows. What would be the allegiance of the EU army, with respect to NATO? Blair says NATO will still be there, but who's NATO? Will we have 2 different armies? 1 for NATO and 1 for the EU. That sounds like lots of taxes to me, and better sounds lots of taxes to you as well.

So what would the EU armed forces be like? Simple. An armed forces responding only and exclusively to the needs and whims of MEPs and other degenerate characters in Strasbourg and Bruxelles. No member state will supervise the activity of such a monstrosity who will in fact be unaccountable for anything, and something closer to a marauding creepy horde mind controlled weaponized psychopats, than an army representing and protecting a country. They would only protect Juncker, Schulz and co.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You do realise that a majority can be any size, as long as it remains the largest proportion? Right?

Let me explain...

Let's say that you have a hundred individuals, and forty of them are in one group. Now, if there was only one other group to be a part of, then the rest of those people would either be in the other group of course. But let's say that those forty people are in one group still, but the other sixty percent are split up between say twenty groups.

That means that as a group, those forty people are in the most heavily represented group. That means that they are in the majority.
edit on 19-1-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error corrected

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes of course, but that isn't the sense intended here.

If 44.6% of the population of Luton are White British that can only mean that 55.4% are not.

We're not comparing White British to other factions but determining what proportion of them there are in the population of Luton.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It is not us versus them. You see, good people, moral people, people with their heads on straight, only see folk as British, or not British. And do you know what else? They do not mind folk being something other than British either. Such people as I describe, you see, are incapable of being controlled, manipulated by fear-mongering and jiggery pokery designed by government strategists, and media tycoons to make them hate that which is unknown to them. They are incapable of being controlled by fear, because they do not feel it, not because they are unaware of the threats ranged against them, but because they know that whatever threat is levelled at them, they will conquer it. Whatever danger they are in, they will face with dignity and without compromising their principles. They will spit into the eyes of Death itself, even in their last breath, without fear, remain on their feet where others would fall to their knees, and if their end comes, meet it with pride. British is a state of mind, not a state of birth.

I stand with those who refuse to fear, who see no reason to give in to the powers which desire to see a nation on its knees and wailing to be saved. I stand with those who retain their footing when the world crumbles about their feet. I stand with those who will refuse to be shackled "for their own protection". I will stand with these, and only these, because these people, no matter which continent may have birthed them, or their parents, or their grandparents, are British, my people, my brothers and sisters under the flag.

The proportion of White British people ANYWHERE is irrelevant, since whiteness has nothing exclusively to do with Britishness.

I wonder how many white British people fall short of the standard I laid out above. I wonder how many of the loud mouth fat skinheads who wear England shirts but haven't seen a football pitch in fifteen years, actually know a damn thing about conquering fear, and how many simply give into it. I wonder how many of the members of Britain First would stand up in a crisis, and how many would simply run as fast as they could go with seventeen pints of Stella Artois in them.

I know where I stand. I stand with the Britons. My question is, do you?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I stand with the Britons.

Do you really stand with the Britons?

Or do you, as I strongly suspect, stand only with those Britons who share your minority, whimsical world view?

There are 64 million Britons, TB, and I've got some bad news for you: whenever this thorny subject of immigration is broached, 70% to 80% of them consistently express discontent at the high levels of immigration our country is and has been experiencing in recent times. It's always around 70%, 80%. You can dispute the figures, it doesn't matter. The majority, the great majority. That's why it's such a thorny subject. It's a bit of a headache for politicians of all the mainstream parties come election time, because they all acquiesce in mass immigration from the third world to the West, and yet they have to appear to be tough on immigration in order to appease this troublesome, powerful section of the electorate.

What about them? Do their views matter in your world? Do you "stand" with these Britons?

I do. BECAUSE they are the majority.

And that's really all I am about.

It doesn't matter what you personally believe or what I personally believe.

I am a democrat (small c) and I support the wants and needs of the majority of the public - whatever they happen to be - just because it's what most want.

I'm tired of Western governments riding roughshod over their populations, depriving them of a voice in order to push through their unpopular, political agendas.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Their agendas are unpopular because propaganda designed to divide us, makes it unpopular. This creates a citizenry easily manipulated into one mode of thought, or another, makes otherwise civilised people able to abandon their conscience, leads peaceful hearts to turn to war, skews the truth and makes lies out of it, and seeks to destroy critical thinking, to make sure that the true aim of the powerful is always hidden until it is too late to change course. The reverse psychology at play is obvious.

Here are some poor, down trodden people. Let's help them. Sounds like a nice, innocent message does it not? And it would be, if government were making the necessary steps to ensure that the experience could be positive for all concerned, like policing properly, like making sure that all in our nation adhere to the same rules, for the same reasons, at all times and without exception on any grounds.

But rather than do so, they play us against one another, distract each culture with the behaviour of the other, allow vast stupidities and criminality to go unchecked and the spread of hatred to wrap its tendrils around people's throats without effective response. Meanwhile our government allows private companies to steal from us, banking off shore while failing to pay tax, skimming our HMRC for billions of pounds more than they are owed for the goods and the services rendered to it, milking our NHS for all it is worth, leading to staff shortages to cover the burden, and blaming black holes in our budget on the elderly, the sick, the poor, and the immigrants, when thieves, ably assisted by civil servants and government men, are responsible for more of our economic woes than any of these put together.

We ALLOW this. We ALLOW the wool to be placed about our eyes, we refuse to engage with the facts, and prefer the fictions we are fed by propagandists and the manipulations we are subject to at the hands of those who own us. This cannot continue, it cannot be tolerated, and it must not be appeased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join