It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fired For Farting Too Much

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I didn't know there was a certain amount of fart permitted. I'm lucky to work in a big area with no people around, noisy machines and smelly chemicals. I don't know if he was too far from the bathroom or just lazy. Maybe the other people in the office did the same and blame the farty boy. Hard to find out.

Clem lost about 120 pounds before gaining back 10. He's also suffered some embarrassing side effects, including "extreme gas and uncontrollable diarrhea."

In 2013, Clem’s symptoms worsened, which caused “significant disruption in the workplace,” according to the suit.

Louann Clem, who began her job at Case Pork Roll in 2008, said company president Thomas Dolan repeatedly griped about her husband's gassy problem.

The suit alleges Dolan made Richard Clem work at home and said things like, "We cannot run an office and have visitors with the odor in the office," and "Tell Rich we are having complaints from people who have problems with the odors."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Man Fired For Farting Too Much

That kind of thing happens. What can you do?

*shrug*

P.S.

"extreme gas and uncontrollable diarrhea."

-link provided in OP

Actually? That's "sharting", which is a whole other level of complicated.

edit on 3-10-2015 by Bybyots because: *shrug*

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
It says they made him work at home rather than the office, not fired, at least in your excerpt?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Man. That just stinks.

2nd

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They sure are making a big stink over this natural human process. Maybe he should lay off the Chipolte.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Here is another source that also says he was fired.

Pork company fires 400-pound Pennsylvania man for farting too much, masking scent of meat: lawsuit

Pork company fires 400-pound Pennsylvania man for farting too much, masking scent of meat: lawsuit

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm having trouble putting "masking scent of meat" in to context with the rest of the story.

Was he fired because the smell from his sharting was masking the scent of the pork factory?

Or was the dude trying to pass off his shart-stink as the scent of pork?

What's up with that?

edit on 3-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Whatever it is, we should send him to the Congress or next mission to Mars.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Poor guy but wtf was he doing working at 70?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Is this a food business, Case Pork Roll? If so, it's against health code to be around food and have diarrhea.

What should food employees do when they have symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea?
If at work:

Stop work immediately;
Report to management; and
Go home and return after at least 24 hours have passed since the vomiting and diarrhea symptoms ended.
If the symptoms occur before the employee arrives to work, he or she should:
Notify the manager by telephone; and
Do not report to work until at least 24 hours have passed after the diarrhea and vomiting symptoms have ended.
www.fda.gov...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That's a good question for Obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hmm ok, I just saw that in your excerpt that he was forced to work at home. Fired? Wow, especially since he didn't see visitors and shared the space with his wife. This is messed up, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't they have pills for that?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What is ANYONE doing working at 70, unless he or she wants to? When people that age *have* to work, something is wrong in our society.

Back to the OP:

I can understand how the constant smell of something such as that would be unbearable to employees and customers. I know I wouldn't want to work in a place where I was smelling that s# in a corporate setting throughout the day. And if I owned a business, I wouldn't want my customers smelling it either. It's disgusting.

This is what's interesting:

The Clems' lawyer, David Koller, said his client's gastrointestinal disorders may be getting headlines, but aren't the key part of the case.

"Flatulence and farting is the sexy part of the story, but my client suffers from obesity, which is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act," Koller told The Huffington Post.

. . .

"I'm speaking up for people who are overweight," he said. "Does being obese mean you can't do a good job? Of course not!"

While he was fired for flatulence, they are now trying to make this about *obesity* in order to support their claim that he was unjustly fired so that they can tied in a violation of the Disabilities' Act???? That's BS. It doesn't appear his obesity had ANY bearing on his being fired whatsoever, they're just using that as an *convenient* excuse.

Granted, they should allow him to work from home or offer him some type of severance or compensatory pay.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i would love to be in the courtroom when the lawsuit actually goes down. it would be just too funny. imagine saying 'My client sharted' and keeping a straight face.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i would love to be in the courtroom when the lawsuit actually goes down. it would be just too funny. imagine saying 'My client sharted' and keeping a straight face.

Imagine what the courtroom would smell like.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Haha...., and he'll probably fart in the courtroom too.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm having trouble putting "masking scent of meat" in to context with the rest of the story.
a reply to: Bybyots

Customers probably thought they were smelling rancid pork. It probably had an affect on sales. Who wants to buy meat if it stinks!
The company should have had him purchase these filtered underwear... (Beware, hilarious video).

edit on 3-10-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I would say any hearing will be very short!

edit on 3-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Was it the sound or was it the smell, do tell...to bad farts don't sound like music and smell like roses, huh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join